Rust (game) Docker Problem (probably easy)

guyonphone

5 minutes ago, Mdarkness1988 said:

Screenshot of the rest of the config please and does it even startup?

I mean, it seems like it starts up but I can't see anything in the RCON and I can't connect locally.

I attached the rest of the config and the full server log from startup. Thanks for your help; I greatly appreciate it.

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 10.50.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 10.50.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 10.50.52 AM.png

rust-server.log

1 hour ago, Mdarkness1988 said:

Any chance it could be your VPN conflicting as I tried Ur setup and no issues here.

And what router you got.

Thanks

Router is Orbi mesh. I'm not running a VPN on my router or server though. So you don't believe there's any hardware limitation perhaps? I have pinned 10 of my 32 available threads for this Docker. I see you specified the 16GB of memory, but I didn't touch that info.

On 2/17/2019 at 11:23 AM, Mdarkness1988 said:

Any chance it could be your VPN conflicting as I tried Ur setup and no issues here.

And what router you got.

Thanks

So I let it just run and it took about an hour for the NetMesh or whatever to setup fully? I had selected massive map but anyway, it finally started. I and two of my buddies connected it but the lag was unplayable and I have no clue why. I do have a DelugeVPN docker active but that VPN info should be private to that container. I'm just not sure why my ping would be so bad. I'm on FiOS with a (assumed) beefy server. I allocated 10 of 32 threads to server but it didn't help. I restarted the docker and it took another hour for it to start back up (very weird!!)

Any ideas @Mdarkness1988?

16 minutes ago, seventhaxis said:

So I let it just run and it took about an hour for the NetMesh or whatever to setup fully? I had selected massive map but anyway, it finally started. I and two of my buddies connected it but the lag was unplayable and I have no clue why. I do have a DelugeVPN docker active but that VPN info should be private to that container. I'm just not sure why my ping would be so bad. I'm on FiOS with a (assumed) beefy server. I allocated 10 of 32 threads to server but it didn't help. I restarted the docker and it took another hour for it to start back up (very weird!!)

Any ideas @Mdarkness1988?

Have you tried on setting 1 on performance settings and not setting 3?

@Mdarkness1988 How would I go about setting and saving server configuration? Using `server.writecgf` and `server.readcfg` aren't maintaining the server settings between restarts.

Also, how do I restart Oxide? Within the console I used the command `global.restart 5` and now Oxide is not loading at all. Restarting the docker also does not load Oxide. This is problematic since restarting or pulling the server down for any reason excludes Oxide plugins on restart.

Edited by seventhaxis
  • 4 months later...

just asking again for the thread 

Mdarkness1988 please as I cant find it so far

how to map /steamcmd/rust to the host for data retention

ive been trying to use 

path map in container

/steamcmd/rust :container path

/mnt/user/Data/ :host path 

and it just spits an error and makes the container disappear 

can just add it again with the correct settings and it returns easily

what am I doing wrong?

So yay !!

I'm pretty sure I got it worked out

mapping /steamcmd/rust for data/settings retention

scroll to bottom click show more settings

change Mapping Directory to the location you want to have the Docker container store the files

I'm 90% sure the container will create /steamcmd/rust the first time you click apply,

Ive been stopping my container and using krusader to move the files from /appdata/Rust-Server to your chosen mapping/save location

I also made 2 separate docker containers by renaming one and giving it a separate IP address and a separate /steamcmd/rust2 mapping.

that way it keeps it separate but also doubles up on storage use.

I have my 2 RUST servers running parallel 

network is custom : br0 then assign an ip in your network subnet one for each rust server

leave all the ports as normal, i didn't have time to find out if you can run serve RUST on different ports and have it all forward nicely ' I however have the luxury of 2 WAN connections so can cheat by forwarding one server to each separate WAN connection. 'please let me know if there are other options.

https://oxidemod.org/threads/lgsm-multiple-rust-servers-modded-vanilla.16475/

I haven't done this myself but this way you don't need to have duplicate rust containers. I would recommend using ports that are in steams range for rust so incase there are people with hardened firewall rules out there they will still be able to connect. Maybe it's been made easier since then I'd check the config file for notes about changing the rust servers pid in the config file. YMMV

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

It has been a while since anyone posted anything on the topic. I have seen several members talking about hosting rust servers with the docker, but no one really detailed his setup up/Unraid host specs. Would you mind telling me what you currently have and for how many players it is intended? I have heard Rust servers use a lot of Ram (8Gb min.) and it is better to have a processor with a high clock speed when hosting through Unraid dockers. Also, do you use/need a GPU? Thank you, Cheers

Matt 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/19/2019 at 4:24 PM, Mdarkness1988 said:

Setting 3 is for the most extreme servers with great internet speeds

hello auto wipe is not working Correctly.. i have it set for 14 days. most of the time dose not auto wipe and the time is wrong it should be wiping around 2pm EST