Second build - looking for help

REK

I'm looking for some guidance with a second build since I don't do this often. I have been using my first build for about five years now. It's a small form factor, 6 drive, budget build used for just storage and has been perfect. Now I would like to start a new build and am looking to do more including running a plex server, a few dockers (sonar, etc.), and have 10-12 drives (maybe hot/swap).

I've come to realize I'm looking for a goldilocks solution, plenty of speed when I need it for transcoding (3-5 streams), and not raising my electric bill too much. (Paying a little bit more each month on the bill would be ok though if need be)

My main concern is making sure everything works together and that I'm not purchasing something I will regret being underpowered in a few years or over/underspending on a part when there is a better alternative. I plan on keeping this build out of site so size and sound is not a big factor. Budget isn't a big issue as long as it's worth the premium.

I've been reading up what I can find on the forum and wiki for builds trying to find the newest posts for parts. There are so many options out there though I started using part picker and came up with a potential build. I don't have too much experience with this though so I'm hoping to get some help. 

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme4 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor

Cooler: Corsair H75 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

Case: Antec Twelve Hundred V3 ATX Full Tower Case

Power Supply: CORSAIR CS-M Series CS550M 550W 80 PLUS GOLD Active PFC Haswell Ready ATX12V & EPS12V Modular Power Supply (any suggestions? Looking at the part picker estimate with 10 drives I'll run about 400 watts)

Hot Swap Rack: NORCO SS-500 5-Bay SATA / SAS Hot Swap Rack Module (Undecided on these, while they would be useful I can do without them)

Thanks for taking a look, I really appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Hot Swap Rack: NORCO SS-500 5-Bay SATA / SAS Hot Swap Rack Module (Undecided on these, while they would be useful I can do without them)

IMO once you go beyond a couple of drives, hotswap bays aren't a luxury but a necessity.  SATA connectors at their best are terrible, and the amount of problems caused by people swapping out a drive or inadvertently breathing too hard on a neighboring sata cable is not insubstantial.

My case came with dirt cheap Rosewill 4 in 3's and they've always been trouble free and I never have to worry about sata connections coming loose if I'm rearranging or swapping drives.

IMO once you go beyond a couple of drives, hotswap bays aren't a luxury but a necessity.  SATA connectors at their best are terrible, and the amount of problems caused by people swapping out a drive or inadvertently breathing too hard on a neighboring sata cable is not insubstantial.

My case came with dirt cheap Rosewill 4 in 3's and they've always been trouble free and I never have to worry about sata connections coming loose if I'm rearranging or swapping drives.

Thanks for the advice, sounds like they would be worth the price to me if I can potentially avoid a few problems down the line. I'll do a little more research on different bay options and add some to the list.