Best Way To Install SiliconDust HDHR DVR Software on UnRAID

bungee91

Looking for any information on this, surprised this isn't a more commonly used installation for UnRAID.

I'd like to install the backend for this, and store the recordings on UnRAID.

We currently "kind of" (no disrespect intended) have a Docker for this here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=45719.0 however reading through the thread doesn't exactly inspire confidence as to the support for this container. That and I'm uncertain if updates will continue, as it is currently behind the released versions.

However, it would seem that the install is pretty minimal and a plugin may make this much less complex.

The "NAS Setup - Manual Install (Advanced)" here https://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=20526 only seems to require the following:

• * x86 or ARM based CPU.
    * 256MB RAM minimum.
    * Must be running Linux.
    * Must support SSH access.

Which seems pretty straightforward to me (right?). The other thread "Linux Setup (Advanced)" looks even less involved, located here https://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=30386

Am I missing something?

Would a plugin be feasible for this, or is a dedicated Docker container the best way to go?

Really looking forward to switching over to this as my dedicated DVR.

Thanks for any input.

I have been using the Docker without any problems and has very little impact on my system. I did a spin off the of docker so that i can keep it up to date though at this point the docker is not missing anything big right now.

If you would like to install my docker then PM me and I will send you a link to try.

I have downloaded the PlexMediaServer-???????????????????-x64-UnRAID.txz file but how do I install it?  I tried to install it as an unraid plugin but got XML parsing errors.  Is there a guide somewhere?

That's not how you would install Plex nowadays.  Set up docker on your server, install the Community Applications link in sig, and then find Plex on the Apps tab.

I have been using the Docker without any problems and has very little impact on my system. I did a spin off the of docker so that i can keep it up to date though at this point the docker is not missing anything big right now.

If you would like to install my docker then PM me and I will send you a link to try.

I may take you up on that, just concerned with ongoing support as this continues to be updated.

The most recent update has the backend functions for pausing liveTv, but hasn't enabled it on any clients as of yet.

Plex can now integrate with HDHR devices and PVR with guide. Plex pass needed.

I'm not really a Plex guy (I kind of hate it actually), however thank you for letting me know.

I was aware of this, however at this point I believe it only supports 1 tuner (or maybe just one stream) and doesn't do LiveTv so it is not usable for me.

Emby also does DVR natively, and is pretty good at it, however they still need to make updates to the Theater app in order to have recording management, which makes it less than ideal at the moment also.

I PM'd @CHBMB thinking maybe LSIO would put together a Docker, since they're kind of "the gold standard" around here for quality work and ongoing support. Being that this doesn't work AT ALL without a subscription (eventually an annual one at that), it may not be the most appealing project to work on/support. Can't hurt to ask though.

The DVR backend really doesn't do much, no transcoding whatsoever, mainly a path to record to and scheduling.

Is there any reason this should be a Docker vs a plugin? Other than the obvious reasoning why previous plugins became Dockers (isolation, dependencies, etc...).