DOS 6.22 ????

pinion

>:(

I started with this: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Install-DOS-622-Under-VirtualBox/?ALLSTEPS

Not sure if it's kosher but the guy gave up the setup disks here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jzm0fbnb7fz526u/mKJ19A1JMo

I opened up unraid and went to the VM tab. Add VM. Selected Windows 95. Changed the name to DOS6.22. and then meh, img files are a no go.

I could get a boot iso. Then could I install via img files? I don't know. Has anyone done this?

Also, maybe unrelated... Is there an easy way to spin up a virtual OS in unraid? I just want to him a button and get a fresh Ubuntu LTS install that I can ssh into and start hacking away.

You can do/try this

VBoxManage clonehd /path/to/hard_drive_image/guesthd.vdi /path/to/hard_drive_image.img --format raw

Then use the raw file in KVM.

You can also convert raw file to qcow2

qemu-img convert -f raw hard_drive_image.img -O qcow2 hard_drive_image.qcow2

I like this, how would it work with 3 files since (I'm guessing) it's 3 floppy disk img files. I might just go the vmdk route if that's easier. But if I could convert it and get it running via command line I'd be happy with that.

Actually went with Windows For Workgroups 3.11.  Had to set this up on VirtualBox first then load the VMDK in unRAID.  Why isn't VMDK a selectable file for a drive image?

Note that you can also use VirtualBox .vdi files in a similar way (and this is also not a selectable option).  I asked at some point for the full list of image file types supported by VirtualBox to be added, but this was turned down.

Got to ask chaps, purely out of curiosity, what you want to use DOS 6.2 for?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Why not  ;D  I've been thinking about trying Windows 3.1 myself.

I have VM's for DOS v3, DOS v6.2, Windows 3.1, WFW 3.11, Win95, Win98 original, Win98SE, Win-ME, Win2000, etc.    Don't USE them very often ... but every once-in-a-while it's fun to "play" a bit.

I've been toying with the idea of setting up a DOS-based VM with UniDOS, which would allow running CP/M  :)

• 2 years later...
On 9/14/2016 at 1:08 AM, garycase said:

I have VM's for DOS v3, DOS v6.2, Windows 3.1, WFW 3.11, Win95, Win98 original, Win98SE, Win-ME, Win2000, etc.    Don't USE them very often ... but every once-in-a-while it's fun to "play" a bit.

I've been toying with the idea of setting up a DOS-based VM with UniDOS, which would allow running CP/M  :)

Are those unraid VMs? Or are they VMs running under a Windows VM?

If they are unraid VMs. How would I go about getting the image files so I could set those up on my unraid as well?

• 2 weeks later...

The old OS's I have are all VM's built with and running under VMWare Workstation on a Windows box.   I also have earlier versions of them that I built when I was using Microsoft's Virtual PC many years ago (early 2000's).

If you want to build these in UnRAID, you'd need the install media for the OS's.