PVR recording software on unraid - what options

chip

On 1/17/2017 at 12:11 PM, chip said:

Anyone have an opinion on this....

I guess I really want something that can look like WMC and have same recording capabilities. So something that offers  the following -

Enable Timeshift

Group Recordings

Series Recording

New and rerun - Records all episodes of the selected show.

New only - Skips recording episodes marked as repeats in the EPG

Live only - Records the episode ONLY if marked as "live" in the EPG.

On the Fly recording

Support multiple HDHomerun tuners

Try the updated NextPVR that now multi platform. I currently have it running in an unraid docker with a HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO and EPG from Schedules Direct with icons.

• 9 months later...
On 11/30/2019 at 3:22 PM, Does_IT_matter said:

Try the updated NextPVR that now multi platform. I currently have it running in an unraid docker with a HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO and EPG from Schedules Direct with icons.

are you still using nextpvr? i cannot get it to work i can get it to build but webui not working. this is my docker container

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Container version="2">
  <Name>nextpvr</Name>
  <Repository>nextpvr/nextpvr_amd64</Repository>
  <Registry>https://hub.docker.com/r/nextpvr/nextpvr_amd64</Registry>
  <Network>bridge</Network>
  <Shell>bash</Shell>
  <Privileged>false</Privileged>
  <WebUI>http://[IP]:[PORT:8866]/index.html</WebUI>
  <Icon>https://d36jcksde1wxzq.cloudfront.net/saas-mega/blueFingerprint.png</Icon>
  <ExtraParams>--device=192.168.1.68</ExtraParams>
  <DateInstalled>1599243887</DateInstalled>
  <Networking>
    <Mode>bridge</Mode>
    <Publish/>
  </Networking>
- <Data>
- <Volume>
  <HostDir>/mnt/user/Recordings/</HostDir>
  <ContainerDir>/recordings</ContainerDir>
  <Mode>rw</Mode>
  </Volume>
- <Volume>
  <HostDir>/mnt/user/appdata/NextPVR/Buffer</HostDir>
  <ContainerDir>/buffer</ContainerDir>
  <Mode>rw</Mode>
  </Volume>
- <Volume>
  <HostDir>/mnt/user/appdata/NextPVR/Config/</HostDir>
  <ContainerDir>/config</ContainerDir>
  <Mode>rw</Mode>
  </Volume>
  </Data>
  <Config Name="Recordings" Target="/recordings" Default="" Mode="rw" Description="Recordings Folder" Type="Path" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">/mnt/user/Recordings/</Config>
  <Config Name="Buffer" Target="/buffer" Default="" Mode="rw" Description="Live TV Folder" Type="Path" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">/mnt/user/appdata/NextPVR/Buffer</Config>
  <Config Name="Configuration" Target="/config" Default="" Mode="rw" Description="Configuration Path" Type="Path" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">/mnt/user/appdata/NextPVR/Config/</Config>
</Container>

Edit the template, hit Add Another Port, Path, Variable.  Select Port and enter in the applicable information.  Importantly, the container port is the port the container listens on (whereever it expects the webUI to be), and the host port is what unRaid thinks the port is (ie: what port you access the UI from)

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Squid said:

Edit the template, hit Add Another Port, Path, Variable.  Select Port and enter in the applicable information.  Importantly, the container port is the port the container listens on (whereever it expects the webUI to be), and the host port is what unRaid thinks the port is (ie: what port you access the UI from)

Awsome thanks its working now. now gotta get the guide to work

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/30/2019 at 11:18 PM, Does_IT_matter said:

NextPVR - By far one of the best home grown PVR's is now multi platform and I currently have running as a docker in unraid.

I cant find a guide anywhere that I seem to be able to follow to get NextPVR working in a docker on here..I had it setup fine in my windows VM then realised what a pig on resources that is especially as I run little else on it at the moment....the guides I have found dont seem to work when I try and add through the terminal....could you help point me in the right direction??

Thankyou!