unRAID Server Release 6.2 Stable Release Available

limetech

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6.2 stable hammered my Acreca HBA settings. Likely due to the scsi plugin not working. Reverted back to previous version (6.2rc5) files on flash and rebooted. RC5 is working.

Dynamix - V6 Plugin "SCSI Devices (unRAID 6.2 only)" does not survive update to 6.2 stable. Plug-in disappears and disks are all unassigned.

There is an update available for Dynamix SCSI devices which installs with unRAID 6.2 stable.

When I try to update through the plugin, the download gets to 74% and then says "File I/O error".  Any ideas?

Can't remember exactly where the downloads go to (flash drive or to RAM), but it sounds like either the flash drive is full or your tmpfs in ram is full.  If its not the flash drive, rebooting and then updating right away should fix the problem

So I took the update and my docker is destroyed.  I can't even get it to recreate a new docker.img is anyone else seeing this?

Please post your system diagnostics.

Well I had my docker img on an unassigned disk, formatted to ext4.  That was not a problem in 6.1.  When I instead had it create my image on my cache drive brtfs it recreated it and started.  then I had to re-import my containers.  which are all still on my ext4 unassigned disk.  Is that an anticipated change in functionality?

Well, what you were doing pre 6.2 was never really supported by us at LT, so I can't really say what should and shouldn't work with that plugin after 6.2.  That said, now that you're using the Docker image in the place we designed it to be used, everything it working proper, correct?

When I try to update through the plugin, the download gets to 74% and then says "File I/O error".  Any ideas?

Can't remember exactly where the downloads go to (flash drive or to RAM), but it sounds like either the flash drive is full or your tmpfs in ram is full.  If its not the flash drive, rebooting and then updating right away should fix the problem

Shut down all docker containers and turned off auto start, removed all extra plugins, rebooted, got to 78% before I got the error.  I have 1GB of ram and the dashboard shows 43% in use.  Flash drive is 16GB and the main tab shows 15.9GB free on the flash drive.

Shut down all docker containers and turned off auto start, removed all extra plugins, rebooted, got to 78% before I got the error.  I have 1GB of ram and the dashboard shows 43% in use.  Flash drive is 16GB and the main tab shows 15.9GB free on the flash drive.

Huh, well the zip file itself is 138MB and downloaded to /tmp.  Then it's about 301MB extracted also to /tmp.  That's about 439MB of RAM used.  Now add to existing booted release taking up RAM and you're right on the edge with 1GB  :P

We may need to look into this further, in the meantime you can update the "old fashioned way" by plugging your flash device into a PC and copying the zip contents over there manually.

You want:

bzimage

bzroot

bzroot-gui

make_bootable.bat

make_bootable_mac

memtest

changes.txt

license.txt

syslinux/syslinux.cfg-

Another thing to check: your bios is probably carving out some memory for onboard video.  Some bios permit you a few options for how much to reserve.  If yours is like this make sure it's at the lowest setting.

Dockers reported up to date before the update.

Updated and now it says Update Available on all but I receive this error while trying to update:

Can't update Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration

One time fix:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg481138#msg481138

What a pain. I'll leave it for now as that is a massive hassle...

Another docker gave me this issue:

Removing orphan image: c95bc503a7ec

Error: Error code

Dockers reported up to date before the update.

Updated and now it says Update Available on all but I receive this error while trying to update:

Can't update Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration

One time fix:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg481138#msg481138

What a pain. I'll leave it for now as that is a massive hassle...

Another docker gave me this issue:

Removing orphan image: c95bc503a7ec

Error: Error code

TBH, there's no hassle.  You don't need to start any dockers over again.  Your appdata remains the same.  Your templates are already filled out if you re-add the apps via CA's previous apps or by selecting one of the my* templates when you select a template.  The only hassle is that it takes the time to re-download the images.  Couple minutes for most people.

No idea about the error on removing the orphaned image, but its not an issue since you wind up deleting the docker.img file anyways.

Huh, well the zip file itself is 138MB and downloaded to /tmp.  Then it's about 301MB extracted also to /tmp.  That's about 439MB of RAM used.  Now add to existing booted release taking up RAM and you're right on the edge with 1GB  :P

We may need to look into this further, in the meantime you can update the "old fashioned way" by plugging your flash device into a PC and copying the zip contents over there manually.

You want:

bzimage

bzroot

bzroot-gui

make_bootable.bat

make_bootable_mac

memtest

changes.txt

license.txt

syslinux/syslinux.cfg-

Another thing to check: your bios is probably carving out some memory for onboard video.  Some bios permit you a few options for how much to reserve.  If yours is like this make sure it's at the lowest setting.

Thanks.  I've got more RAM on my wishlist.  I guess I'll have to manually update this time or buy myself a little present.

Thanks for the hard work bringing 6.2 to stable!  So excited for dual parity support.

Question for those who have updated:  I have my docker.img on an automounted drive using the Unassigned Devices plugin and I do not have a cache drive.  It looks like this version is going to try to do some magic with shares and config locations and such.  Anyone know if I need to do anything special to upgrade?  The guide says each docker container has to go through a one-time upgrade process, but it's not 100% clear how this occurs or if it'll be a problem for my docker.img setup.

Thanks!