unRAID Server Release 6.2 Stable Release Available

limetech

Installing and setting up a couple of servers for a customer and came across a bug/issue on one of them.

The log is attached where this is happening but the steps for me to reproduce on this machine is:

1) Start the machine

2) Change cache drive number to 2

3) Assign 2 960GB SSD to the cache positions

4) Start the array and it errors

This ends up hanging the web interface and I was able to get in via telnet and get the log.

If you need any other information let me know!

EDIT: OK, so it appears this happens on both machines if you only assign cache drive(s).  Might want to take a look into that guys as I was hoping to assign some cache drives and get some apps and VM's set up without having any other drives currently assigned (They are - all 16 of them - are currently being precleared)

That is a bug, you have to have at least data disk assigned to array:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=52227.msg503222#msg503222

Working on get the 6.2.1 release out now....

This will be a stable release?

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Windows 10 & Linux(libreelec/openelec)

All share set as Public. I saw TOWER in WORKGROUP, but when i try to open it, have an error  :o

Error : 0x80004005 on Windows.

Linux say Timeout.

For Windows, there are sites online with info on that error.  And with no other info on the error, plus possibly no other users reporting it, I think you should probably start with the Windows ideas, and work through them first.  One site I found (disclaimer: don't know them, can't vouch for them), but they did provide multiple potential issues with possible fixes, and a few testimonials, is this one -> Eassos: How to fix error code 0x80004005.  However, I don't think I saw a single issue related to networking or permissions, so it may not be of any help.  Googling 0x80004005 found a number of other options.  Obviously they won't have a fix for unRAID, but you might find an issue that could inspire the right idea, what the real problem is.

For Linux, need a little more info, the exact error message and any error codes with it, and which program or function reported the timeout.

All share set as Public. I saw TOWER in WORKGROUP, but when i try to open it, have an error  :o

Linux say Timeout.

For Windows, there are sites online with info on that error.  And with no other info on the error, plus possibly no other users reporting it, I think you should probably start with the Windows ideas, and work through them first.  One site I found (disclaimer: don't know them, can't vouch for them), but they did provide multiple potential issues with possible fixes, and a few testimonials, is this one -> Eassos: How to fix error code 0x80004005.  However, I don't think I saw a single issue related to networking or permissions, so it may not be of any help.  Googling 0x80004005 found a number of other options.  Obviously they won't have a fix for unRAID, but you might find an issue that could inspire the right idea, what the real problem is.

For Linux, need a little more info, the exact error message and any error codes with it, and which program or function reported the timeout.

Can you test running that command on unraid host.

smbclient -L 127.0.0.1 -N -d 10

It end "by protocol negotiation failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED"

Even on host i cant list share :(

Linux say Timeout.

Can you test running that command on unraid host.

smbclient -L 127.0.0.1 -N -d 10

It end "by protocol negotiation failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED"

Even on host i cant list share :(

Is it possible you are having this problem?  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=52311.msg502071#msg502071

Dont think, i only have an eth0 interface.

root@Tower:~# smbclient -L 127.0.0.1 -N -d 10
INFO: Current debug levels:
  all: 10
  tdb: 10
  printdrivers: 10
  lanman: 10
  smb: 10
  rpc_parse: 10
  rpc_srv: 10
  rpc_cli: 10
  passdb: 10
  sam: 10
  auth: 10
  winbind: 10
  vfs: 10
  idmap: 10
  quota: 10
  acls: 10
  locking: 10
  msdfs: 10
  dmapi: 10
  registry: 10
  scavenger: 10
  dns: 10
  ldb: 10
  tevent: 10
lp_load_ex: refreshing parameters
Initialising global parameters
Processing section "[global]"
doing parameter include = /etc/samba/smb-names.conf
doing parameter netbios name = Tower
doing parameter server string = Media server
doing parameter hide dot files = no
doing parameter security = USER
doing parameter workgroup = Workgroup
doing parameter local master = yes
doing parameter map to guest = Bad User
doing parameter passdb backend = smbpasswd
doing parameter encrypt passwords = Yes
doing parameter null passwords = Yes
WARNING: The "null passwords" option is deprecated
doing parameter map archive = No
doing parameter map hidden = No
doing parameter map system = No
doing parameter map readonly = Yes
doing parameter create mask = 0777
doing parameter directory mask = 0777
doing parameter log level = 9
doing parameter syslog = 0
WARNING: The "syslog" option is deprecated
doing parameter syslog only = Yes
WARNING: The "syslog only" option is deprecated
doing parameter show add printer wizard = No
doing parameter disable spoolss = Yes
doing parameter load printers = No
doing parameter printing = bsd
doing parameter printcap name = /dev/null
doing parameter invalid users = root
doing parameter unix extensions = No
doing parameter wide links = Yes
doing parameter use sendfile = Yes
doing parameter aio read size = 4096
doing parameter aio write size = 4096
doing parameter acl allow execute always = Yes
doing parameter include = /boot/config/smb-extra.conf
doing parameter include = /etc/samba/smb-shares.conf
pm_process() returned Yes
lp_servicenumber: couldn't find homes
added interface eth0 ip=192.168.1.6 bcast=192.168.1.255 netmask=255.255.255.0
Netbios name list:-
my_netbios_names[0]="TOWER"
Client started (version 4.4.5).
Connecting to 127.0.0.1 at port 445
Socket options:
        SO_KEEPALIVE = 0
        SO_REUSEADDR = 0
        SO_BROADCAST = 0
        TCP_NODELAY = 1
        TCP_KEEPCNT = 9
        TCP_KEEPIDLE = 7200
        TCP_KEEPINTVL = 75
        IPTOS_LOWDELAY = 0
        IPTOS_THROUGHPUT = 0
        SO_REUSEPORT = 0
        SO_SNDBUF = 2626560
        SO_RCVBUF = 1061296
        SO_SNDLOWAT = 1
        SO_RCVLOWAT = 1
        SO_SNDTIMEO = 0
        SO_RCVTIMEO = 0
        TCP_QUICKACK = 1
        TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT = 0
session request ok
protocol negotiation failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED

RobJ:  In post #2 where I've got this:

- If you're not going to use unRAID's default locations for appdata (and once again no real need to), the only thing you should change is the Default appdata storage location setting to match your appdata location.  Not doing this will not affect any running apps, or any previously installed apps installed through Community Application's Previous Apps section, but on any new apps being added the /config mapping may be incorrect when unRAID tries to fill it out.

Can you amend it to read instead

- If you're not going to use unRAID's default locations for appdata (and once again no real need to), the only thing you should change is the Default appdata storage location setting to match your appdata location.  Not doing this will not affect any running apps, or any previously installed apps installed through Community Application's Previous Apps section, but on any new apps being added the /config mapping may be incorrect when unRAID tries to fill it out.  Additionally, having docker applications using 2 different shares for their respective appdata storage will also impact CA's appdata backup module if you are utilizing it.  For more information about the default appdata storage location, see This Docker FAQ entry

Dont think, i only have an eth0 interface.

root@Tower:~# smbclient -L 127.0.0.1 -N -d 10
lp_load_ex: refreshing parameters
Initialising global parameters
Processing section "[global]"
doing parameter include = /etc/samba/smb-names.conf
doing parameter netbios name = Tower
doing parameter server string = Media server
doing parameter hide dot files = no
doing parameter security = USER
doing parameter workgroup = Workgroup
doing parameter local master = yes
doing parameter map to guest = Bad User
doing parameter passdb backend = smbpasswd
doing parameter encrypt passwords = Yes
doing parameter null passwords = Yes
WARNING: The "null passwords" option is deprecated
doing parameter map archive = No
doing parameter map hidden = No
doing parameter map system = No
doing parameter map readonly = Yes
doing parameter create mask = 0777
doing parameter directory mask = 0777
doing parameter log level = 9
doing parameter syslog = 0
WARNING: The "syslog" option is deprecated
doing parameter syslog only = Yes
WARNING: The "syslog only" option is deprecated
doing parameter show add printer wizard = No
doing parameter disable spoolss = Yes
doing parameter load printers = No
doing parameter printing = bsd
doing parameter printcap name = /dev/null
doing parameter invalid users = root
doing parameter unix extensions = No
doing parameter wide links = Yes
doing parameter use sendfile = Yes
doing parameter aio read size = 4096
doing parameter aio write size = 4096
doing parameter acl allow execute always = Yes
doing parameter include = /boot/config/smb-extra.conf
doing parameter include = /etc/samba/smb-shares.conf
pm_process() returned Yes
lp_servicenumber: couldn't find homes
added interface eth0 ip=192.168.1.6 bcast=192.168.1.255 netmask=255.255.255.0
Netbios name list:-
my_netbios_names[0]="TOWER"
Client started (version 4.4.5).
Connecting to 127.0.0.1 at port 445
Socket options:
        SO_KEEPALIVE = 0
        SO_REUSEADDR = 0
        SO_BROADCAST = 0
        TCP_NODELAY = 1
        TCP_KEEPCNT = 9
        TCP_KEEPIDLE = 7200
        TCP_KEEPINTVL = 75
        IPTOS_LOWDELAY = 0
        IPTOS_THROUGHPUT = 0
        SO_REUSEPORT = 0
        SO_SNDBUF = 2626560
        SO_RCVBUF = 1061296
        SO_SNDLOWAT = 1
        SO_RCVLOWAT = 1
        SO_SNDTIMEO = 0
        SO_RCVTIMEO = 0
        TCP_QUICKACK = 1
        TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT = 0
session request ok
protocol negotiation failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED

It doesn't apply to just a bridged interface.  I'm going to take a wild guess here and say your master browser on the server is on the wrong interface.

Show me the output of this:

ip route

and this:

/usr/bin/nmblookup -M -- - 2>/dev/null | /usr/bin/grep -Pom1 '^\S+'

The server master browser interface should be the eth0 IP address.

root@Tower:~# ip route
default via 192.168.1.1 dev eth0
10.8.0.0/24 dev tun0  proto kernel  scope link  src 10.8.0.1
127.0.0.0/8 dev lo  scope link
192.168.1.0/24 dev eth0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.1.6

root@Tower:~# /usr/bin/nmblookup -M -- - 2>/dev/null | /usr/bin/grep -Pom1 '^\S+'
INFO:

root@Tower:~# ip route
default via 192.168.1.1 dev eth0
10.8.0.0/24 dev tun0  proto kernel  scope link  src 10.8.0.1
127.0.0.0/8 dev lo  scope link
192.168.1.0/24 dev eth0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.1.6

root@Tower:~# /usr/bin/nmblookup -M -- - 2>/dev/null | /usr/bin/grep -Pom1 '^\S+'
INFO:

It appears that samba has defaulted to the wrong interface because a master browser was not found.  Is samba enabled?

I'm going to make another guess at what is wrong.  Add the following to the SMB Extras (Settings->SMB):

interfaces = eth0 lo
bind interfaces only = yes

Save the settings and then restart samba:

/etc/rc.d/rc.samba restart

See if that helps.

EDIT: Try this to lookup the master browser and see if there is an error:

/usr/bin/nmblookup -M -- - | /usr/bin/grep -Pom1 '^\S+'

Upgrade to 6.2 Attempt number 2.

So I encountered the same issues so far in attempt number 2 (NIC getting reassigned, Docker going hair wire, VM's not starting). 

I have reconfigured the network so that is fixed. 

I have rebuilt all of docker however still have an issue with my Docker Versions not acting right.  Some of my dockers say "update ready", one says "up to date" and all the rest say "not available".  I have clicked "update" on all of them and the issue remains.  The one that says "update ready" finishes with "The command finished successfully!" however the message never goes away.  The ones that say "not available" are not changing status no matter what I do. 

Any advice on the docker issue?

My Win 10 VM is also still pooched.  It won't start, giving the error code "Cannot get interface MTU on 'xenbr0': No such device" I solved this by creating a new VM, going in to edit the XML and then copying the value in <source bridge='virbr0'/> from the new one to the old one.  This now allows my VM to start.  Testing continues....

So I encountered the same issues so far in attempt number 2 (NIC getting reassigned, Docker going hair wire, VM's not starting). 

I have rebuilt all of docker however still have an issue with my Docker Versions not acting right.  Some of my dockers say "update ready", one says "up to date" and all the rest say "not available".  I have clicked "update" on all of them and the issue remains.  The one that says "update ready" finishes with "The command finished successfully!" however the message never goes away.  The ones that say "not available" are not changing status no matter what I do. 

My Win 10 VM is also still pooched.  It won't start, giving the error code "Cannot get interface MTU on 'xenbr0': No such device"

You need to set the VM settings to default to br0 interface, and then change your VM to br0 interface.  There is no more xenbr0.

My Win 10 VM is also still pooched.  It won't start, giving the error code "Cannot get interface MTU on 'xenbr0': No such device"

You need to set the VM settings to default to br0 interface, and then change your VM to br0 interface.  There is no more xenbr0.

I solved the issue by the method above, but guess that this caused some sort of issue because network issues are occurring.

DNS for local computers on my network is not working.  Prior to the upgrade I could rung "ping htpc" and it would work just fine, post upgrade I get the error that the host cannot be resolved.

I cannot access any shares from the Windows VM.  When trying to access them an authentication box pops up asking for a username and password.

Shares do work from other PC's on the network so this definitely a VM specific issue I think.

I solved the issue by the method above, but guess that this caused some sort of issue because network issues are occurring.

DNS for local computers on my network is not working.  Prior to the upgrade I could rung "ping htpc" and it would work just fine, post upgrade I get the error that the host cannot be resolved.

I cannot access any shares from the Windows VM.  When trying to access them an authentication box pops up asking for a username and password.

Shares do work from other PC's on the network so this definitely a VM specific issue I think.

Your network on the VM may have defaulted to Public.  Check to see that it is not set to a Public network.

There's also a Windows advanced sharing setting for password protected sharing.  Be sure it is not password protected.

That sounds like what several users found, lots of upgrade notices for dockers but upgrades didn't work.  I believe they all found that the same fix took care of it, deleting the docker.img (through the Docker settings page), recreating it, and adding back your containers through the Community Apps Previous Apps or through My Templates(?).

Squid: made the change.

That sounds like what several users found, lots of upgrade notices for dockers but upgrades didn't work.  I believe they all found that the same fix took care of it, deleting the docker.img (through the Docker settings page), recreating it, and adding back your containers through the Community Apps Previous Apps or through My Templates(?).

Squid: made the change.

I have already done these steps twice, how many times should I be repeating them?

Your network on the VM may have defaulted to Public.  Check to see that it is not set to a Public network.

There's also a Windows advanced sharing setting for password protected sharing.  Be sure it is not password protected.

I thought this as well and already confirmed that I am on a Private Network setting in Windows for this network.  Also no password protection going on.  Literally worked before the 6.2 reboot and then after coming up it does not.

For those of you having issues with networking, Docker updates, VMs not seeing the network, etc.  Please go through the following steps to see if it helps.  The reason for this is that unRAID needs to have a bridge called br0 for VMs and some changes may have renamed your NICs.  There are several things to do to set up the bridge and make it work.

- Go to 'Settings->Network Settings' and be sure 'Enable Bridging:' is set to yes.  If you have multiple NICs that are bonded, don't set any bonding mode other than active backup for now.  Setting this to other modes can cause issues.  You can come back later and tune this up after you get other settings made and the system is running correctly.  Don't set up any VLANs at this time.  Verify IP address and default gateway settings.  If the settings already look correct, make a change then set it back and click 'Apply' to re-save them.

- Go to 'Settings->VM Settings' and select br0 as the 'Default Network Bridge'.

- Edit each VM and be sure that the 'Network Bridge:' is set to br0.

When updating from 6.1 there were some significant improvements to the networking and these manual settings have to be made for the new networking to work properly.

In the older versions of unRAID, the user created and named a bridge.  That no longer applies.  Back in the Xen VM days we all had a bridge we called Xenbr0.  That no longer works and these steps have to be made to update the bridge.

If you have multiple NICS and don't bond them, you will need to verify that eth0 is the same NIC as before.  Linux may be renaming the NICs so eth0 is not the NIC you think it is.  If you have multiple NICS I recommend that you bond them.

If none of this works and you are still having issues, remove all plugins and reboot.  Then install plugins one at a time and see if they affect the network.  Some plugins have been reported as causing network issues.  The best way to do this is to remove the plugins one at a time and then use CA (Community Applications plugin) to restore them using the 'Previous Apps' button.

If you are still having issues, reboot in safe mode, capture diagnostics and post them here.

For those of you having issues with networking, Docker updates, VMs not seeing the network, etc.  Please go through the following steps to see if it helps.  The reason for this is that unRAID needs to have a bridge called br0 for VMs and some changes may have renamed your NICs.  There are several things to do to set up the bridge and make it work.

- Go to 'Settings->Network Settings' and be sure 'Enable Bridging:' is set to yes.  If you have multiple NICs that are bonded, don't set any bonding mode other than active backup for now.  Setting this to other modes can cause issues.  You can come back later and tune this up after you get other settings made and the system is running correctly.  Don't set up any VLANs at this time.  Verify IP address and default gateway settings.  If the settings already look correct, make a change then set it back and click 'Apply' to re-save them.

When updating from 6.1 there were some significant improvements to the networking and these manual settings have to be made for the new networking to work properly.

In the older versions of unRAID, the user created and named a bridge.  That no longer applies.  Back in the Xen VM days we all had a bridge we called Xenbr0.  That no longer works and these steps have to be made to update the bridge.

If you have multiple NICS and don't bond them, you will need to verify that eth0 is the same NIC as before.  Linux may be renaming the NICs so eth0 is not the NIC you think it is.  If you have multiple NICS I recommend that you bond them.

If none of this works and you are still having issues, remove all plugins and reboot.  Then install plugins one at a time and see if they affect the network.  Some plugins have been reported as causing network issues.  The best way to do this is to remove the plugins one at a time and then use CA to restore them using the 'Previous Apps' button.

If you are still having issues, reboot in safe mode, capture diagnostics and post them here.

Thank you very much for this.  This has fixed my issue with my VM.  I believe a walk-though should be created for this upgrade truthfully, step by step.  For complex setups (Dockers, Plugins, VMs, Large arrays, multiple NICs, etc), there are far too many things that have to be done in order to upgrade properly.  Especially since I have had to edit my VM XML manually at least four times.  Using the GUI to edit the xml results in severe performance degradation of the VM.

It is not as easy as pressing a button in the Gui.

If none of this works and you are still having issues, remove all plugins and reboot.  Then install plugins one at a time and see if they affect the network.  Some plugins have been reported as causing network issues.  The best way to do this is to remove the plugins one at a time and then use CA to restore them using the 'Previous Apps' button.

Thank you very much for this.  This has fixed my issue with my VM.  I believe a walk-though should be created for this upgrade truthfully, step by step.  For complex setups (Dockers, Plugins, VMs, Large arrays, multiple NICs, etc), there are far too many things that have to be done in order to upgrade properly.  Especially since I have had to edit my VM XML manually at least four times.  Using the GUI to edit the xml results in severe performance degradation of the VM.

The network changes from 6.1.9 to 6.2 were pretty significant.  Unfortunately upgrading to 6.2 was not just a button press to upgrade.

Which part of the procedure fixed your problem?

The network changes from 6.1.9 to 6.2 were pretty significant.  Unfortunately upgrading to 6.2 was not just a button press to upgrade.

Which part of the procedure fixed your problem?

swapping my source element in the interface part of the XML to <source bridge='br0'/>.  The bridge was not setup correctly.

Some news logs from my issue with smb.

[2016/10/02 19:11:00.797693,  0] ../lib/util/fault.c:78(fault_report)
  ===============================================================
[2016/10/02 19:11:00.797735,  0] ../lib/util/fault.c:79(fault_report)
  INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 11 in pid 21704 (4.4.5)
  Please read the Trouble-Shooting section of the Samba HOWTO
[2016/10/02 19:11:00.797748,  0] ../lib/util/fault.c:81(fault_report)
[2016/10/02 19:11:00.797757,  0] ../source3/lib/util.c:791(smb_panic_s3)
  PANIC (pid 21704): internal error
[2016/10/02 19:11:00.798391,  0] ../source3/lib/util.c:902(log_stack_trace)
  BACKTRACE: 7 stack frames:
   #0 /usr/lib64/libsmbconf.so.0(log_stack_trace+0x1a) [0x2b362731bf2a]
   #1 /usr/lib64/libsmbconf.so.0(smb_panic_s3+0x20) [0x2b362731c000]
   #2 /usr/lib64/libsamba-util.so.0(smb_panic+0x2f) [0x2b36249e657f]
   #3 /usr/lib64/libsamba-util.so.0(+0x1b786) [0x2b36249e6786]
   #4 /lib64/libpthread.so.0(+0x113b0) [0x2b36247bf3b0]
   #5 /lib64/libc.so.6(+0x21e6d) [0x2b3628701e6d]
   #6 [0x56398c9c2c80]
[2016/10/02 19:11:00.798435,  0] ../source3/lib/util.c:803(smb_panic_s3)
  smb_panic(): calling panic action [/usr/share/samba/panic-action 21704]
sh: /usr/share/samba/panic-action: No such file or directory
[2016/10/02 19:11:00.804878,  0] ../source3/lib/util.c:811(smb_panic_s3)
  smb_panic(): action returned status 127
[2016/10/02 19:11:00.804938,  0] ../source3/lib/dumpcore.c:303(dump_core)
  dumping core in /var/log/samba/cores/smbd
[2016/10/02 19:11:00.823996,  0] ../lib/util/fault.c:78(fault_report)
[2016/10/02 19:11:00.824029,  0] ../lib/util/fault.c:79(fault_report)
  INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 11 in pid 21706 (4.4.5)
  Please read the Trouble-Shooting section of the Samba HOWTO
[2016/10/02 19:11:00.824040,  0] ../lib/util/fault.c:81(fault_report)
[2016/10/02 19:11:00.824047,  0] ../source3/lib/util.c:791(smb_panic_s3)
  PANIC (pid 21706): internal error
[2016/10/02 19:11:00.824628,  0] ../source3/lib/util.c:902(log_stack_trace)
  BACKTRACE: 7 stack frames:
   #0 /usr/lib64/libsmbconf.so.0(log_stack_trace+0x1a) [0x2b362731bf2a]
   #1 /usr/lib64/libsmbconf.so.0(smb_panic_s3+0x20) [0x2b362731c000]
   #2 /usr/lib64/libsamba-util.so.0(smb_panic+0x2f) [0x2b36249e657f]
   #3 /usr/lib64/libsamba-util.so.0(+0x1b786) [0x2b36249e6786]
   #4 /lib64/libpthread.so.0(+0x113b0) [0x2b36247bf3b0]
   #5 /lib64/libc.so.6(+0x21e6d) [0x2b3628701e6d]
   #6 [0x56398c9c2c80]
[2016/10/02 19:11:00.824665,  0] ../source3/lib/util.c:803(smb_panic_s3)
  smb_panic(): calling panic action [/usr/share/samba/panic-action 21706]
sh: /usr/share/samba/panic-action: No such file or directory
[2016/10/02 19:11:00.832074,  0] ../source3/lib/util.c:811(smb_panic_s3)
  smb_panic(): action returned status 127
[2016/10/02 19:11:00.832117,  0] ../source3/lib/dumpcore.c:303(dump_core)
  dumping core in /var/log/samba/cores/smbd

Gona try safe mode soon, maybe a txz somewhere making the issue!

Very nice work!  I've added it to the Additional Upgrade Advice, networking section.

Concerning the rebooting systems, the best advice seems to be to match johnnie.black's UEFI/BIOS settings (almost all are at 'Optimized Defaults'), and check for a newer BIOS.

Very nice work!  I've added it to the Additional Upgrade Advice, networking section.

Concerning the rebooting systems, the best advice seems to be to match johnnie.black's UEFI/BIOS settings (almost all are at 'Optimized Defaults'), and check for a newer BIOS.

RobJ,

Please do.  I see a lot of people struggling with the same basic network issues.  The changes to the 6.2 networking were extensive and just clicking on the 6.2 upgeade button and hoping for the best did not always work.  I think a step by step guide is the easiest for people to understand.