mbc0

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://unraidserver:8080/ works fine,

http://unraidserver/main does not work

//192.168.0.33 from windows explorer just launches chrome automatically to the unraid menu.

Got the slashes the wrong way for Windows Explorer.

Try \\192.168.0.33 instead.

Also if you want to eliminate a windows computer from becoming the master browser then you can make the following registry entry change (AUTO to NO):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Browser\Parameters]

"MaintainServerList"="No"

Once you reboot that computer will no longer EVER become the master browser.  I found that even with the plugin for unRAID to make it the master browser I would get a Windows box claiming it was the master browser even as unRAID was set to be the master browser.  When I added the above registry entry to all of my Windows PC and VMs my browsing problems went away.  At least as long as I didn't shut down the unRAID server I elected to be the master browser anyway.

http://unraidserver:8080/ works fine,

http://unraidserver/main does not work

//192.168.0.33 from windows explorer just launches chrome automatically to the unraid menu.

if you are not using the default port of 80 (you seem to be using 8080 instead) then this always needs to be part of the URL.  You should therefore have used http:/unraidserver:8080/main when connecting to the GUI using servername.

Hello all,

I am having the same issue. In addition to not being able to reach the shares from a Windows machine, I am not able to reach them with a MAC or my ShieldTV.

I do not think this is an issue with the Master Browser as nbtstat indicates that the unraid is the Master. I have rebooted all of my system multiple times and am not able to reach any shares from any machine.

I generally do not browse to shares, but I use Kodi for my media play back and it will not connect to the shares. For now I am using Plex until I can get this figured out.

Should have added that I can hit the share in Windows but it asks for username and password. No combination of usernames or passwords work. On the Shield it just refuses to connect.

I have attached the logs from the system, although I did not see anything standing out. Anyone have any additional thoughts.

Thanks,

Bill

unraid-diagnostics-20160916-1734.zip

The symptoms when I had two master browsers on my network (unRAID and WHSv1 both claimed to be the master browser when I ran some tests) was that I had most/much of the network unusable.  Now I don't have the same devices you do but I do have SageTV HD300s that could not connect to other servers.  So I made sure none of my Windows PCs and VMs could become the browse master on the network and the problems with my extenders (HD300s) went away.  Another option for me would have been to just let my WHSv1 box be the master browser and turn it off on unRAID.

This may not be your problem but it is something to try when you can actually turn every device on your network off.

The symptoms when I had two master browsers on my network (unRAID and WHSv1 both claimed to be the master browser when I ran some tests) was that I had most/much of the network unusable.  Now I don't have the same devices you do but I do have SageTV HD300s that could not connect to other servers.  So I made sure none of my Windows PCs and VMs could become the browse master on the network and the problems with my extenders (HD300s) went away.  Another option for me would have been to just let my WHSv1 box be the master browser and turn it off on unRAID.

This may not be your problem but it is something to try when you can actually turn every device on your network off.

According to nbtstat my unraid is the master browser. I am going to try and shut everything down in the house and see what happens.

Reverted back to 6.19 everything is up and all docker / shares are up. Im staying away from 6.2 until the issues is resolved.

Hi mate, I have given up with this!

How did you downgrade? I copied the 6.19 bzroot & bzimage to my usb & overwrote the existing files but the server would not boot, restored 6.20 bzroot & bzimeage back to the usb stick and the server is back up and running but still have the issue of not being able to connect to it from any network device.

According to nbtstat my unraid is the master browser. I am going to try and shut everything down in the house and see what happens.

I have shut everything down in the house (routers and all). Brought up my router first, then the unraid followed by the rest of the devices. Still no luck. It is still asking for a username and password (for which nothing works).

Next step is to try and rebuild.

I have shut everything down in the house (routers and all). Brought up my router first, then the unraid followed by the rest of the devices. Still no luck. It is still asking for a username and password (for which nothing works).

Next step is to try and rebuild.

Use any random username and leave the password blank, e.g., user

Fresh install fixed what ever issue existed. I am all back up and running.

How did you do it mate? did you have data on your disks on the re-install? I have not been able to use my server at all since updating to 6.2 and want to go back to 6.19

Cheers

What you could do for that is:

[*]make note of your drive assignments if you haven't already and you actually can do so.

[*]save your key file somewhere

[*]erase the flash drive and start fresh with 6.1.9 again and copy back your key file

If you don't know your drive assignments:

[*]install all disks as array drives and don't assign a parity drive.

[*]make note of the drive that DOESN'T have a file system on it - that is your parity.

[*]If you actually created a 2nd parity drive in 6.2 before this then you should have 2 drives without a file system.

[*]Now assign all your drives to their correct slots and fire your server up again.

You should be back up and running on 6.1.9 and read to install plugins and dockers again.

Fresh install fixed what ever issue existed. I am all back up and running.

How did you do it mate? did you have data on your disks on the re-install? I have not been able to use my server at all since updating to 6.2 and want to go back to 6.19

Cheers

What you could do for that is:

[*]make note of your drive assignments if you haven't already and you actually can do so.

[*]save your key file somewhere

[*]erase the flash drive and start fresh with 6.1.9 again and copy back your key file

If you don't know your drive assignments:

[*]install all disks as array drives and don't assign a parity drive.

[*]make note of the drive that DOESN'T have a file system on it - that is your parity.

[*]If you actually created a 2nd parity drive in 6.2 before this then you should have 2 drives without a file system.

[*]Now assign all your drives to their correct slots and fire your server up again.

You should be back up and running on 6.1.9 and read to install plugins and dockers again.

That is what is pretty much did. I saved the Key, super.dat, network.cfg, disk.cfg, share.cfg and shares folder. This should get you up and running with all your shares intact.

Have a look at this link http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Files_on_v6_boot_drive#Starting_Over.

Should also mention that I did the fresh install using 6.2 and have not had any issues yet.

Argh. Also encountering the same issue after upgrading. No problem getting to unraid via browser but can not access any shares.

When you browse to you shares does it ask for a username and password? I took a backup of my thumb drive before I did a fresh install. I looked at the config files and I noticed two lines in the ident.cfg file.

DOMAIN_LOGIN="Administrator"
DOMAIN_PASSWD=""

Not sure but I suspect this might have been causing my issue. It might be worth while to take a look. If you have those two lines comment them out and reboot to see if it fixes your issue.

Hi my systems are both locked out and can't login.... what is the file in the flash that holds the username and password information. My systems are very customized and I don't feel like a fresh install. To many things to re create. Email settings and vpn and and and

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were your shares public? All of my shares were public (no usernames or passwords were required).

I would look at the ident.cfg file. As I stated above I found the following lines that I never added. Since I reinstalled I am not able to verify whether removing the tow lines and rebooting would allow access again to the shares.

DOMAIN_PASSWD=""

This might not be the issue but it is the only thing I can see in my old configs that I can see.

Hi my systems are both locked out and can't login.... what is the file in the flash that holds the username and password information. My systems are very customized and I don't feel like a fresh install. To many things to re create. Email settings and vpn and and and

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were your shares public? All of my shares were public (no usernames or passwords were required).

I would look at the ident.cfg file. As I stated above I found the following lines that I never added. Since I reinstalled I am not able to verify whether removing the tow lines and rebooting would allow access again to the shares.

DOMAIN_PASSWD=""

This might not be the issue but it is the only thing I can see in my old configs that I can see.

Sadly not..... I tried this and still have an un-accessable 6.20 Server, so will have to do a fresh install of 6.19 to be able to re-use my server again and make sure I do NO MORE UPDATES until tested for 6 months!  ;D ;D ::) ::)

I have a similar behavior in 6.1.9. (and never tried 6.2 yet)

I tested a lot of stuff back and forth and after a while it was not possible to have secured shares (with name and password) anymore, as I could not log in with whatever username. Even setting security off, so that everyone should be able to access the shares I only could connect to them by setting:

"any username without a password, and select remember credentials"

I could create a new share, have it free for all and would still be prompted for login data as well.

I want to do a reinstall directly to 6.2 anyway but maybe this statement helps with finding the issue people are having here. As of now I can not protect my shares by username and password.

I have a similar behavior in 6.1.9. (and never tried 6.2 yet)

I tested a lot of stuff back and forth and after a while it was not possible to have secured shares (with name and password) anymore, as I could not log in with whatever username. Even setting security off, so that everyone should be able to access the shares I only could connect to them by setting:

"any username without a password, and select remember credentials"

I could create a new share, have it free for all and would still be prompted for login data as well.

I want to do a reinstall directly to 6.2 anyway but maybe this statement helps with finding the issue people are having here. As of now I can not protect my shares by username and password.

Just to be clear, this authentication issue has nothing to do with unRAID, it doesn't matter what version you are using, this issue started after a Windows 10 update that just happened to be at approximately the same time as the v6.2 stable release.

This affected all my servers, and only one was on v6.2 stable, and for me it only affects Windows 10 computers with a password set, anyone not using a password shouldn't be affected, looks like after this update Windows is trying to login to unRAID with your windows user/pass, hence the credentials popup and why it works with any user without a password, as long as your shares are public.