VM stopted woring arter unraid 6.2

Larsson24

Well for starters you should be posting your diagnostics and at the very least your system configuration.  But if you have an AMD CPU, I'd advise that you downgrade.  Search the forums and you'll notice a lot of us are having issues, I started a bug report thread.

If you have an Intel CPU then we will just have to check out your diagnostics if you would post them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Well for starters you should be posting your diagnostics and at the very least your system configuration.  But if you have an AMD CPU, I'd advise that you downgrade.  Search the forums and you'll notice a lot of us are having issues, I started a bug report thread.

I think it is only some AMD CPU's that have problems.  Mine (an A4-4300 APU) is working fine.

Copied system information:

M/B: MSI - Z87-GD65 GAMING (MS-7845)

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Enabled

Cache: 1024 kB, 256 kB, 6144 kB

Memory: 8 GB (max. installable capacity 32 GB)

Network: eth0: 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500

Kernel: Linux 4.4.19-unRAID x86_64

So i have a intel cpu. Not sure if I can post diagnostics because my whole unraid server freezes when the VM starts. I then haft to restart the server by pressing the power button on computer. Don’t the diagnostic then get lost after reboot? Tell me if I am wrong and I will fix it.

I think it is only some AMD CPU's that have problems.  Mine (an A4-4300 APU) is working fine.

You are correct, it seems to be the FX line. 

Hello i just updated to 6.2 and when i start my w10 vm i can only see the windows logo freezing and then my whole unraid freezes. I have a nvidia gt 210 for passthrough and on 6.1.9 i hade to add gpu rom manually. I have tried enabling hyper v but it didnt help. Bios is seabios. What is wrong?

Did you follow the instructions for upgrading vms in the 6.2 release notes? http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=51874.0

I didnt follow The instruction before upgrading because my web gui become weird and forced me to update to 6.2. I tried to follow them now instead. I did this:

For each VM, go to the VMs tab, click the VM's icon, and select the Edit option

Turn on "Advanced View" in the top right of the Edit VM page

If you are using VNC for the primary graphics card, adjust the VNC Video Driver field to QXL

Click Apply

Even if your VM isn't using VNC (such as GPU pass through), you should perform the above procedure.

I also tried starting the VM using only VNC and no gpu passthrough. Mycket server freezed again.

Forgott to disable hyper v when using VNC.