Kodi question - exporting movie info into correct movie folder

I use my unraid mostly for Kodi movie storage.  I have several hard discs of movies, now.  Sometimes KODI scrapes wrong, no matter how clean I am with my file naming.  I know Kodi has an export feature where it will export the movie information into a folder of that movie's name.  BUT, unraid will generate new folders on a hard disc other there where the movie is stored if the movie is on a ~full disc.  I don't want that.  I figure I can have Kodi only browse a disc at a time (and not the share - say, disk 3 of my share that contains disk 1 2, 3, 4 and 5) and I can export the movie (and the info should only go into the specific drive since that's the only one Kodi is pointed to once I clean it up.)  Then I can move to another hard disk until all have been done.  This way all movie information is now in the original folder of the movie and future scrapes, if needed, and will be correct.

I hope I'm being clear about this...

Do others do this, or does it make sense that it will work?  (I did export once and had a folder for a movie on disc 2 and a folder with the movie information on disc 1 ... for hundreds of movies and it was quite a mess.  I don't want to have this happen again,

Thanks,

Rick

I use my unraid mostly for Kodi movie storage.  I have several hard discs of movies, now.  Sometimes KODI scrapes wrong, no matter how clean I am with my file naming.  I know Kodi has an export feature where it will export the movie information into a folder of that movie's name.  BUT, unraid will generate new folders on a hard disc other there where the movie is stored if the movie is on a ~full disc.  I don't want that.  I figure I can have Kodi only browse a disc at a time (and not the share - say, disk 3 of my share that contains disk 1 2, 3, 4 and 5) and I can export the movie (and the info should only go into the specific drive since that's the only one Kodi is pointed to once I clean it up.)  Then I can move to another hard disk until all have been done.  This way all movie information is now in the original folder of the movie and future scrapes, if needed, and will be correct.

I hope I'm being clear about this...

Do others do this, or does it make sense that it will work?  (I did export once and had a folder for a movie on disc 2 and a folder with the movie information on disc 1 ... for hundreds of movies and it was quite a mess.  I don't want to have this happen again,

Thanks,

Rick

You just need to appropriately set the split levels on the Movies share to keep the mkv and the nfo on the same disk