Windows 10 VM hangs on boot

mik

I just updated unraid from 6.1.9 to 6.2 and I am  having problems with my windows 10 vm. Windows hangs on boot. Some times the windows recovery stars but the only option available is to refresh the install. All my other vm’s are fine.  I cant turn windows 10 off, so I tried forced shutdown. I tried to start windwos 10 again and it var still hanging. But when I tried forced stop the 2. time all the my vm’s crash, I lose connection to web, ssh, and unraid gui and command line. I could not shutdown unraid and was forced to cut power to my pc. I have tried several times after that. some forced stop crashes unraid server other do not.  Anny ideas to what is wrong?

pc specs:

cpu:  Intel® Core™ i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz

ram:  16 GB

mb: MSI - X99A RAIDER (MS-7885)

I did read the upgrade guide after I my pc crached. I had almost every setting correct.

After my original post I have fix my issues. Apparently  avast antivirus works on 6.1.9 but not on 6.2 . I discovered this after trying to install of win. 10 in a new VM.

Everything works great until I installed avast. I also discovered people on the forum have been complained about avast before. But there systems only crashed  the VM. I can’t find anyone else that have experienced FULL system hang from avast.

Solution:

I downgraded to 6.9.1(VM worked great) uninstalled avast and upgraded again. Now everything works fine.

I think it is strange that software in a VM can crach the Unraid OS.     

Solution:

I downgraded to 6.9.1(VM worked great) uninstalled avast and upgraded again. Now everything works fine.

I think it is strange that software in a VM can crach the Unraid OS.   

Yeah you would think the software in a vm would only effect the vm and it crashing would only effect the vm. But sometimes when a vm crashes it can effect the host. Think of the the vm as a programme running on the host. If that programme crashes it can sometimes crash the host.