Not able to pass Nic through to VM

sport

I executed the below instructions from Limetech's post "unRAID Server Release 6.2 Stable Release Available  " and substituting in the vender / product ID from one of my spare NIIC's that I have not included in any bridging and or bonding; left it in a down state, but am not getting the NIC showing up as an available PCI device.  has any one tried this process?  Not sure what I am missing, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Login to your server using the unRAID webGui

Navigate to the Tools -> System Devices page

Locate the PCI device you wish to stub and then copy the vendor and product ID specified in brackets near the end of it's row.  Example (the bolded part highlights the              vendor/product ID):

01:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller 10-Gigabit X540-AT2 [8086:1528] (rev 01)

Navigate to the Main tab and click on your Flash device

Under the Syslinux Configuration section, locate the line that says "menu default"

Beneath that line, you will see the following:

append initrd=/bzroot

Change the line, adding the bolded part as shown in the example below:

append vfio-pci.ids=8086:1528 initrd=/bzroot

Click Apply and then reboot your system.

I executed the below instructions from Limetech's post "unRAID Server Release 6.2 Stable Release Available  " and substituting in the vender / product ID from one of my spare NIIC's that I have not included in any bridging and or bonding; left it in a down state, but am not getting the NIC showing up as an available PCI device.  has any one tried this process?  Not sure what I am missing, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

If you stub the NIC it won't show up on unRAID anymore, you need to add it manually to the VM template, see this sticky:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39638.0

unRAID 6.2 allows you to assign an interface to a VM by using its corresponding bridge, have you tried that approach?

I didn't know we could do that, so it can be configured to use one NIC for a specific VM as if it was passed through?

I went back looked at the use case slide 5 and saw how things were implemented for the physical segregation and that would work for my current lab setup.  In looking at slide 6 - logical segregation, and translating that into what steps to take in the GUI, is that what is happening when you add eth1 for instance to the bridge on eth0?

Can a different network be assigned to eth1/br1 or does it have to be on the same network as eth0?

I went back looked at the use case slide 5 and saw how things were implemented for the physical segregation and that would work for my current lab setup.  In looking at slide 6 - logical segregation, and translating that into what steps to take in the GUI, is that what is happening when you add eth1 for instance to the bridge on eth0?

Can a different network be assigned to eth1/br1 or does it have to be on the same network as eth0?

No, logical segregation means adding VLANs to a physical interface. eth0.2 eht0.3 etc. Each VLAN has its own network.

Assigning more interfaces to a bridge (or bond) will put all those interfaces in the same network.

Creating a new port/bridge (eth1/br1) is a new connection with its own network.