New PCIE Nic cant get an IP address

My unRAID system has been using an integrated dual nic but after a couple of odd occurrences with the network which have required rebooting the system i decided to purchase and try a PCIE nic.  This is the one that i purchased:

Rosewill PCI-Express Dual Port (RNG-407-Dualv2)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DODX5MA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Things looked good initially.  I backed up my usb drive, powered down the server, installed the new card, disabled the integrated nic's but then when i started unraid, i couldnt get to the webgui.  After some fumbling around, i resorted to the integrated nic and disabled my static ip and went back to dhcp.  Then, everything was working fine but when i switched back to the new nic i see that during the boot sequence it is failing to obtain an ip address when using the new card. (but works fine with the integrated one).

Any one have any ideas? Is the new nic not unraid compatible?  When i do "lspci" i see the two network interfaces from the dual card but for some reason it cant get an ip address.  Static doesn't work and dhcp doesn't work.  Is there something else i should try or something else i should be doing to switch network cards with unraid?

PS.  I'm running unRaid 6.1.7

From Newegg, I found this:

The RNG 407 is based on RealTek chips 

Support for RealTek chips has been a bit of a hit-and-miss situation with the Linux kernel for a number of years.  Plus, RealTek support of Linux has been spotty.  I would be most surprised if you can get LimeTech to even look at the issue.  (I was forced to get the Intel Network cards to replace the on-board RealTek NIC's on both of my servers.)

From Newegg, I found this:

The RNG 407 is based on RealTek chips 

Support for RealTek chips has been a bit of a hit-and-miss situation with the Linux kernel for a number of years.  Plus, RealTek support of Linux has been spotty.  I would be most surprised if you can get LimeTech to even look at the issue.  (I was forced to get the Intel Network cards to replace the on-board RealTek NIC's on both of my servers.)

Interesting,  ok.  I guess I could just return it and find a different brand,  I guess before I give up I can try to test it on a fresh copy of unRaid just to be sure that I see the same symptom.  I suppose I can try the later versions of unRaid on a test system to to see if that matters.