2 Gaming VMs + Storage Server

Alvaro

Hi everybody, I have been researching about unRaid and I really like the capabilities and the options it offer.  Now I am planing to build my own PC for 2 gaming computers (my wife and mine) + storage server and I have some doubts about the hardware compatibility and also if is worth the extra amount of money to build what I want.

My hardware configuration that I need to buy almost entirely is:

Extra configurations:

The PCI-E on the motherboard Work as it follow,

1st PCI-E x16 (x8 if the 3rd is used) Radeon 5450

2nd PCI -E x1 (empty)

3rd PCI-E (x8) R9 280x

4th PCI-E (empty)

5th PCI-E x16 (x8 if the 4th is used) R9 280x

6th PCI-E x4 (empty)

This will be the configuration with my current setup and a 40 PCI-E lines CPU. for more info - http://www.evga.com/support/manuals/files/151-BE-E097.pdf - Pages 16 and 17.

Also, there is another issue, I am not sure if I can share the on board USB ports (at least 2 per computer in order to use flash drives or any other usb device) between the virtual computers, I will be using USB devices for audio (USB headset) I know this is easy because you can choose the device directly and assign to a computer, the same for the keyboards and mouses.

I know that many will say that the 3rd video card is no needed because I can use any ATI Vcard as main and pass through one of the VM, but I want to config this the first time then when I switch to the Nvidia cards the process will be easy.

Thanks ahead to every one for your help.