[Support] Linuxserver.io - Oscam

24 minutes ago, NeoDude said:

Intriguing. I already use OSCAM in my VU+ cable box with Virgin Media. What would would OSCAM as docker be used for? The intrigued part of me is imagining something using this Docker with Plex Media Server and a DVB-C card  (if such a thing exists), am I barking up the correct tree?

You can just use the VU+ as a server and connect to that one from a client. Not sure if there are any support for card clients in Plex though. 

If you move OSCAM and the card to the server you need a new card reader as well. 

• 4 weeks later...

@saarg

maybe it's only cosmetic, but that latest oscam update (you switch to another source for oscam, right?) shows as build version r0. which version actually is it? same as the last one from the streamboard source?

why i ask? you know my problems with tvheadend (posted on the tvheadend thread) since just a few days ago. in between i setup a complete new server (docker setup complete from scratch, incl. new usb stick in trial for unRAID) everything possible to think of (other destinations for recordings, etc.) – and now i'm struggling to find any other reasons, why my rock-solid tvh-docker has these super strange problems. and maybe, that would be my hope, maybe it's because of that new oscam build; that could explain alot and from the timeline would fit into this scenario.

question: could i please ask for that docker build before the change? i remember it was something like r11391. that would be awesome.

(i haven't found any tipps in regard of specifying a targeted version which to pull for the docker).

thx. alot saarg, i hope you can help me out.

1 hour ago, s.Oliver said:

@saarg

maybe it's only cosmetic, but that latest oscam update (you switch to another source for oscam, right?) shows as build version r0. which version actually is it? same as the last one from the streamboard source?

why i ask? you know my problems with tvheadend (posted on the tvheadend thread) since just a few days ago. in between i setup a complete new server (docker setup complete from scratch, incl. new usb stick in trial for unRAID) everything possible to think of (other destinations for recordings, etc.) – and now i'm struggling to find any other reasons, why my rock-solid tvh-docker has these super strange problems. and maybe, that would be my hope, maybe it's because of that new oscam build; that could explain alot and from the timeline would fit into this scenario.

question: could i please ask for that docker build before the change? i remember it was something like r11391. that would be awesome.

(i haven't found any tipps in regard of specifying a targeted version which to pull for the docker).

I didn't make the change in build source, so not sure why it doesn't have a version number, but had the same issue before also. It's the same guys developing I think. 

You can go to docker hub and look at the tags and then try one by one of the latest until it works again (maybe). Just add the tag after the repository in the repository box. Use a colon in front of the number. 

3 hours ago, s.Oliver said:

@saarg

The change in source was made because currently streamboard site is dead.

This is the alternative chosen https://launchpad.net/oscam and the last update was in august of this year.

2 hours ago, saarg said:

I didn't make the change in build source, so not sure why it doesn't have a version number, but had the same issue before also. It's the same guys developing I think. 

You can go to docker hub and look at the tags and then try one by one of the latest until it works again (maybe). Just add the tag after the repository in the repository box. Use a colon in front of the number. 

thx. saarg  - i’ll try that later. 

21 hours ago, saarg said:

that works, indeed. i used :66 and am back to r11391 of oscam.
my very first impressions is, it works as expected. but i want to test a little bit more, to see, that it's not a placebo effect.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm using the Oscam and the Tvheadend container from linuxserver.io on my unraid server. I'm running the latest builds and unRAID is also the latest build 6.5.0 RC5. My problem is that the Ecm times using the containers with unRAID are about 400 ms and sometimes causing glitches. This same config on openmediavault is running with Ecm times about 100ms.

The ping to my unraid server in the local network is 1ms. Using Oscam on my Vu+ receiver is also running with normal Ecm times.

Does any1 have an idea what I could try to solve my problem?

Thx in advance ;-)

b0mb

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

1 hour ago, b0mb said:

Hi,

I'm using the Oscam and the Tvheadend container from linuxserver.io on my unraid server. I'm running the latest builds and unRAID is also the latest build 6.5.0 RC5. My problem is that the Ecm times using the containers with unRAID are about 400 ms and sometimes causing glitches. This same config on openmediavault is running with Ecm times about 100ms.

The ping to my unraid server in the local network is 1ms. Using Oscam on my Vu+ receiver is also running with normal Ecm times.

Does any1 have an idea what I could try to solve my problem?

Thx in advance ;-)

b0mb

I have no issues with ecm times here. It's around 170-180.

Do you use the same card reader on OMV? It's the same card? 

How is your network setup on unraid? Containers on a bridge or separate IP? 

Edited by saarg

The Server I'm connecting to its hosted by my brother so I don't use a local card reader. The containers are running in bridged mode as I'm not able to connect from a container running in bridged mode to a container with a fix ip. I've tried that but didn't get it working.

2 minutes ago, b0mb said:

The Server I'm connecting to its hosted by my brother so I don't use a local card reader. The containers are running in bridged mode as I'm not able to connect from a container running in bridged mode to a container with a fix ip. I've tried that but didn't get it working.

Then I'm out. I'm not supporting card sharing. 

hello,

after the update to 6.5, I can no longer access my cardreader in oscam.

if i downgrade to 6.4 everything works fine.

the following message appears in the oscam:

• 2018/03/15 23:05:16 7C96C8D6 r (reader) HD01 [mouse] ERROR: Opening device /dev/ttyUSB0 (errno=13 Permission denied)
  • 2018/03/15 23:05:16 7C96C8D6 r (reader) HD01 [mouse] Cannot open device: /dev/ttyUSB0

dmesg | tail

[  537.644519] usb 1-3.1: new full-speed USB device number 6 using xhci_hcd
[  537.748780] ftdi_sio 1-3.1:1.0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter detected
[  537.748839] usb 1-3.1: Detected FT232RL
[  537.749128] usb 1-3.1: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0

3 minutes ago, chatman64 said:

hello,

after the update to 6.5, I can no longer access my cardreader in oscam.

if i downgrade to 6.4 everything works fine.

the following message appears in the oscam:

• 2018/03/15 23:05:16 7C96C8D6 r (reader) HD01 [mouse] ERROR: Opening device /dev/ttyUSB0 (errno=13 Permission denied)
  • 2018/03/15 23:05:16 7C96C8D6 r (reader) HD01 [mouse] Cannot open device: /dev/ttyUSB0

dmesg | tail

[  537.644519] usb 1-3.1: new full-speed USB device number 6 using xhci_hcd
[  537.748780] ftdi_sio 1-3.1:1.0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter detected
[  537.748839] usb 1-3.1: Detected FT232RL
[  537.749128] usb 1-3.1: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0

Why you posting in multiple places?  Answered in your other post.

Edited by CHBMB
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

I'm struggling to make the connection between my usb reader and oscam.

This is from Unraid system device:

Bus 007 Device 002:

ID 076b:3021 OmniKey AG CardMan 3121

Added on Extra Parameters on oscam container:

--device=/dev/bus/usb/007/002

Device seems to be detected inside container:

lsusb

Bus 007 Device 002: ID 076b:3021

Now, i'm not sure how to configure the device on oscam configuration. Tried a few things with no luck:

- /dev/bus/usb/007/002

- 007:002

- 076b:3021

• 2018/06/16 13:17:26 4F38FD8F r (reader) Reader-1 [smartreader] Wrong device format (/dev/bus/usb/007/002), it should be Device=bus:dev
  • 2018/06/16 13:37:38 4E9B8C36 r (reader) Reader-1 [smartreader] Cannot open device: 007:002
  • 2018/06/16 13:39:11 4E9B8C36 r (reader) Reader-1 [smartreader] Cannot open device: 076b:3021

22 minutes ago, du.perin said:

Hi,

I'm struggling to make the connection between my usb reader and oscam.

This is from Unraid system device:

Bus 007 Device 002:

ID 076b:3021 OmniKey AG CardMan 3121

Added on Extra Parameters on oscam container:

--device=/dev/bus/usb/007/002

Device seems to be detected inside container:

lsusb

Bus 007 Device 002: ID 076b:3021

Now, i'm not sure how to configure the device on oscam configuration. Tried a few things with no luck:

- /dev/bus/usb/007/002

- 007:002

- 076b:3021

• 2018/06/16 13:17:26 4F38FD8F r (reader) Reader-1 [smartreader] Wrong device format (/dev/bus/usb/007/002), it should be Device=bus:dev
  • 2018/06/16 13:37:38 4E9B8C36 r (reader) Reader-1 [smartreader] Cannot open device: 007:002
  • 2018/06/16 13:39:11 4E9B8C36 r (reader) Reader-1 [smartreader] Cannot open device: 076b:3021

Ok, now it's working. Device should be "0" on oscam and protocol should be PCSC

• 6 months later...

Hey guys,

just set up Oscam which is running fine at the moment. No technical problems.

But I dont like the fact, that i shows build r0 instead of the real version number.

I checked what s.Oliver did and used for tests the etiket :66 and it shows Build: r11391 as supposed.

But the latest or any other shows r0.

Is there a way to solf it. Because if I run into problems I should know what version im running?!

One other question. Is there a way to get the modern webif?

Thanks so far.

47 minutes ago, Funky-Fab-4Strings said:

Hey guys,

just set up Oscam which is running fine at the moment. No technical problems.

But I dont like the fact, that i shows build r0 instead of the real version number.

I checked what s.Oliver did and used for tests the etiket :66 and it shows Build: r11391 as supposed.

But the latest or any other shows r0.

Is there a way to solf it. Because if I run into problems I should know what version im running?!

One other question. Is there a way to get the modern webif?

Thanks so far.

Not sure if it's possible to fix the version not showing. Will have to look at it in the weekend.

I don' know what the modern webif is. If it's not a part of Oscam, I'm not so keen to add it.

1 hour ago, saarg said:

Not sure if it's possible to fix the version not showing. Will have to look at it in the weekend.

I don' know what the modern webif is. If it's not a part of Oscam, I'm not so keen to add it.

Would be nice if you could have a look into it. But does it mean, that Oscam is on latest build even if it shows r0?

The modern interface was kind of from Oscam but it seems like it is discontinued. So nevermind. It looks like that.

I just compiled that on my other machine with IPC installed.

grafik.thumb.png.46335a0eca9f59238e9ba4327d1798e8.png

Edited by Funky-Fab-4Strings
25 minutes ago, Funky-Fab-4Strings said:

Would be nice if you could have a look into it. But does it mean, that Oscam is on latest build even if it shows r0?

The modern interface was kind of from Oscam but it seems like it is discontinued. So nevermind. It looks like that.

I just compiled that on my other machine with IPC installed. imageproxy.php?img=&key=00b562fcac28e727imageproxy.php?img=&key=00b562fcac28e727

grafik.thumb.png.46335a0eca9f59238e9ba4327d1798e8.png

I found oscam modern, but that looked like a fork of oscam. 

It is the latest version even if it says r0. It just that we changed how we build it and that made it display r0. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Funky-Fab-4Strings said:

Good morning and happy eastern.

Did you had the chance to figure it out acording build number?

Can you tell me the version which is actuall in the moment? received an Update 1 Day ago.

Need to fix the sky germany freezing problems which should be solved in version svn 11516.

Thanks for your help.

We build from source, so any new versions should be built. I think we only build it once a week as there is no good way to check releases when using svn. 

I have not had the time to check it yet. 

• 1 month later...