Marshal 8TB Hard Drives? $180!

I used to use blacks, but all of my current desktops (mine, wife's, and a guest bedroom spare) have SSDs => 1TB units in wife's and mine, 500GB in the spare.  I also have several larger data drives in these systems -- between 3TB and 8TB drives.

These 5tb wd black drives are going in my main work machine.  I need large, fast drives for my typical work with Adobe ps, adobe pp.

• 8 months later...
12 hours ago, kubed_zero said:

Anyone know how to do a warranty claim? I have a 6TB version and it's clicking on me, so I think I need to send it in for repair. Outside the Amazon warranty, and I couldn't find any documentation on Marshal themselves. 

I'd copy all of the data off that drive NOW and get a replacement for it from a reputable manufacturer.    I don't think you're going to get any help via the warranty -- Marshall is on the list of "defunct hard disk manufacturers" and there's no follow-up information on them.   i.e. they apparently simply shut down -- weren't sold/acquired/etc.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/19/2017 at 0:09 PM, garycase said:

I'd copy all of the data off that drive NOW and get a replacement for it from a reputable manufacturer.    I don't think you're going to get any help via the warranty -- Marshall is on the list of "defunct hard disk manufacturers" and there's no follow-up information on them.   i.e. they apparently simply shut down -- weren't sold/acquired/etc.

Luckily there was no data on the drive, it was gifted to me and I plugged it in to find clicking. Shame, I was hoping to make something of it! Oh well. Thanks for the info! 

Often a disk like this can be loaded with data to be used as a backup. Put it in the the computer, load it with data, run a data verification, and then pull it out, sit it on a shelf, safety deposit box, friend/family member's house, etc. It may not be perfect, but if you have data loss, there is a good chance that the disk would be able to cough up the data you put on it, despite clicking. It is far better than nothing!!