[Support] Linuxserver.io - LazyLibrarian

I figured out my issue. LazyLibrarian need to point where the completed NZB downloads are ("completed"). So I should have had:

/downloads <-->  /mnt/user/nzbdownloads/completed 

Instead of the above. I also had a typo in the actual LL app. But now sorted. Mylar is the same - you have to point to the "completed" directory. 

Thanks!

On 4/5/2017 at 1:19 PM, TexasDave said:

I figured out my issue. LazyLibrarian need to point where the completed NZB downloads are ("completed"). So I should have had:

/downloads <-->  /mnt/user/nzbdownloads/completed 

Instead of the above. I also had a typo in the actual LL app. But now sorted. Mylar is the same - you have to point to the "completed" directory. 

Thanks!

This is odd, I wonder if this can be fixed because it will probably confuse a lot of people. I had my LL set up exactly the same as sonarr, radarr, CP etc and it wasn't working for me. Thanks for posting a fix.

1 minute ago, ice pube said:

This is odd, I wonder if this can be fixed because it will probably confuse a lot of people. I had my LL set up exactly the same as sonarr, radarr, CP etc and it wasn't working for me. Thanks for posting a fix.

It makes sense if the apps work by scanning the folders on a schedule looking for completed downloads (aka: blackhole) instead of sitting there waiting for the dl client to tell them the dl is complete.

If I understand how LazyLibrarian works, you can have it play nice with Calibre. Some further details here in the LL Wiki.

I want to fill in the field under Settings-->Processing-->Calibre Import Program

The Wiki says: 

Calibredb import program
If you use Calibre and LazyLibrarian on the same machine and they share the same books, put the full pathname of your calibredb program here, or just calibredb if it's in your system path. LazyLibrarian will not import the books, it will ask Calibre to import the books and then update the LazyLibrarian database to match.

As these are dockers, I do not think there is an actual calibredb binary with a path? What would one fill in here to have Calibre do the processing?

Would /opt/calibre/calibredb work? I would think the dockers are isolated from each other? Or would you use the docker CLI in this field? 

The other alternative is to use this option:

Calibre Auto Add
If you use Calibre on a different machine, or want to maintain separate LazyLibrarian and Calibre libraries, complete this to have LazyLibrarian downloaded books added into the Calibre library. Set Calibre to watch this directory for new books arriving. This should not be used if your LazyLibrarian base destination folder is already an existing Calibre library or you will end up with two copies of each book. See calibredb option above.

Recommendations or thoughts from folks? Anyone else using LL with Calibre? 

Thanks!

Edited by TexasDave
8 minutes ago, TexasDave said:

I would think the dockers are isolated from each other?

Since they are isolated from each other, they have no access to each others paths. (Seems similar to another discussion I was having with someone on another thread recently, doesn't it?;-))

Usually this is dealt with by mapping a container path in one docker to a host path, and mapping a container path in the other docker to that same host path.

Makes sense now that you understand mapping.:D

Like I said, I kind of get it...still trying. :D

So if they are both pointing to /mnt/user/Books - I understand they can both access that data. 

But you cannot run one docker (calibredb) from another? So I cannot do what I want? I will need to use the second option? 

Edited by TexasDave
1 hour ago, TexasDave said:

But you cannot run one docker (calibredb) from another?

Think of a container as a minimal VM with only the bare minimum installed to allow a single application to run. So a docker container doesn't even include a docker engine, which is what would be required to run another container. Why would you want to anyway? The host can run both dockers.

1 hour ago, TexasDave said:

I will need to use the second option?

I am not sure what you think this option is.

I was refering to my "options" above. I am trying to get LazyLibrarian to work with Calibre. 

Inside Lazylibrarian, there are two options for this.

1. One is running the calibredb binary (not possible in this case)
  2. Or having LL drop files into a shared folder

I have gone with the second option and am please to see it is working. So I am slowly getting there. :D

Thanks again for your help and support.

I am see lots of these errors today, I just started using LL again. I performed a clean install and I am still getting these errors:

07-Apr-2017 11:30:20 - DEBUG :: ADDAUTHOR : getBookCover: Error getting google image https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCd0uboozGJHnCgHgmgK2QVgTXVBV_h96PHv9lziS4Mxt84VN9FHqozjaK, [[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/cache/book/18742609.jpg']

Screenshot of my LL setup attached. 

LL.png

• 3 weeks later...

Having an issue, the functional part of LL is working fine, grabbing book nzbs and sending to nzbget and postprocessing from /downloads to /books. However LL cannot seem to scan in the books that are pre-existing in my /books folder (which is also my Calibre library in standard Author/Book format),

Refreshing the library in LL generates the following log entry:

ERROR Unhandled exception in libraryScan: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/app/lazylibrarian/lazylibrarian/librarysync.py", line 636, in LibraryScan copyfile(coverimg, cacheimg) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 83, in copyfile with open(dst, 'wb') as fdst: IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/config/cache/book/530965.jpg'
  INFO Missing books will be marked as Skipped
  INFO Scanning ebook directory: /books

/config <--> /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Media/Downloads/config/lazylibrarian

/downloads <--> /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Media/Downloads/completed/book

/books <--> /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Media/Books/Calibre (ie my Calibre library in Author/Book format)

Am I missing something dumb? 

Thanks!

41 minutes ago, jcarrut2 said:

Having an issue, the functional part of LL is working fine, grabbing book nzbs and sending to nzbget and postprocessing from /downloads to /books. However LL cannot seem to scan in the books that are pre-existing in my /books folder (which is also my Calibre library in standard Author/Book format),

Refreshing the library in LL generates the following log entry:

ERROR Unhandled exception in libraryScan: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/app/lazylibrarian/lazylibrarian/librarysync.py", line 636, in LibraryScan copyfile(coverimg, cacheimg) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 83, in copyfile with open(dst, 'wb') as fdst: IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/config/cache/book/530965.jpg'
  INFO Missing books will be marked as Skipped
  INFO Scanning ebook directory: /books

/config <--> /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Media/Downloads/config/lazylibrarian

/downloads <--> /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Media/Downloads/completed/book

/books <--> /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Media/Books/Calibre (ie my Calibre library in Author/Book format)

Am I missing something dumb? 

Thanks!

Why are you putting /config on a drive mounted outside the array?

• Upvote 1

It's not outside the array as far as I can tell. On my WD PR4100 (4 drives in RAID 10) under /mnt I have folders HD_a4, HD_b4, HD_c4, HD_d4 and HD. As I understand it a4 thru d4 are the individual disks and, /mnt/HD/HD_a2 is the disk array.  It's the only folder in HD and everything I put on the disk through normal means falls under HD_a2. My practice has been to stick all my config folders for all my download related containers (nzbget, couchpotato, etc.) under /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Media/Downloads/config/(insert_container_name_here).

There is no /config/cache/book folder. The /config/cache/ is present, but the only folders inside are WorkCache and XMLCache.

Edited by jcarrut2
Spelling & clarity
1 minute ago, jcarrut2 said:

It's not outside the array as far as I can tell. On my WD PR4100 (4 drives in RAID 10) under /mnt I have folders HD_a4, HD_b4, HD_c4, HD_d4 and HD. As I understand it a4 thru b4 are the individual disks and, /mnt/HD/HD_a2 is the disk array.  It's the only folder in HD and everything I put on the disk through normal means falls under HD_a2. My practice has been to stick all my config folders for all my download related containers (nzbget, couchpotato, etc.) under /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Media/Downloads/config/(insert_container_name_here).

There is no /config/cache/book folder. The /config/cache/ is present, but the only folders inside are WorkCache and XMLCache.

This forum is only for unRAID support. Linuxserver.io has its own forum for supporting their dockers on other platforms.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi.  Can I request some help running this app?  Installed, and reinstalled several times already, but everytime I start, I don't get to the web interface. I tried changing port number already as well.  I also tried deleting the container itself.  I'm attaching screenshot of logs.

ll.png

and you see nothing at http://192.168.1.103:5296 ???   I notice you changed the default port but that should not matter. Do both those paths exist? The docker IS started? I wonder also if your creation & deletion has not been done cleanly? Have you checked? Are there any orphan docker images? Check inside of /mnt/user/appdata/ ??

No point me posting my config as I have diff ports, and a reverse proxied LL so it will just confuse.

Hi, yes, I see nothing.  Reason I changed port is because I've installed in the default port before, and it showed up blank.  I have several other dockers running, working perfectly.  I changed port because I'm afraid there might be orphaned containers left.  But I also gave it a quick check, and no orphaned containers left.  I also deleted the old docker container and created the docker container from scratch. Meaning, I didn't re-use the "my-lazylibrarian" instead, I deleted that, and created another one.

I've gotten lazy librarian to work before, using binhex-lazylibrarian.  I wanted to try this out, hence I deleted the old one.

• 2 weeks later...

When doing a library scan I receive this error

Missing parameters: library

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/app/lazylibrarian/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 670, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/app/lazylibrarian/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 217, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/app/lazylibrarian/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 67, in __call__
    raise sys.exc_info()[1]
HTTPError: (404, 'Missing parameters: library')

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 11.14.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 11.16.28 AM.png