[Support] Linuxserver.io - LazyLibrarian

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I have recently set up LL. I got it up and running no problems but I just happened to look at my Sabnzb container yesterday and I saw about 1000 downloads that were in the que.  What seemed to be happening is, Magazines that I searched for were being selected but they were grabbing every issue that matched, going back as far as my news service could keep them. Some of these were 9 years old. I did check the configuration and Mags have a default setting of 31 days if I remember right. 

I'm looking for a way to have this working, hopefully to have the magazines go in their own directory (some of them did end up in a sub directory called _Magazines) but not have it completely flood my sab que with old issues.  I have been looking for a good guide that explains this but so far have not been able to find anything.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone with a good, solid LL workflow share how they are using LL along with Calibre? I know there is another Thraxis docker that people seem to favor for this integration. But I also see people here using what seems like a simpler method of having LL add books to a Calibre ‘Add Folder’ and then Calibre adds those new books to it’s db when it is launched. My goal is to use the Calibre features to easily side load books on my Kindle/iPad via email. I’d rather not have to manually add these new LL books to Calibre. So before I do down the path of using the Thraxis docker vs Linuxserver docker, I’d just like some suggestions on the right path to take for this automation. Seems like plenty of people are happy to use LS docker and some ALSO use Calibre. I done a lot of reading of the threads and googling, but just can’t get the complete picture of a *best practice* automation for books.

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2019 at 8:21 AM, misterwiggles said:

Can someone with a good, solid LL workflow share how they are using LL along with Calibre? I know there is another Thraxis docker that people seem to favor for this integration. But I also see people here using what seems like a simpler method of having LL add books to a Calibre ‘Add Folder’ and then Calibre adds those new books to it’s db when it is launched. My goal is to use the Calibre features to easily side load books on my Kindle/iPad via email. I’d rather not have to manually add these new LL books to Calibre. So before I do down the path of using the Thraxis docker vs Linuxserver docker, I’d just like some suggestions on the right path to take for this automation. Seems like plenty of people are happy to use LS docker and some ALSO use Calibre. I done a lot of reading of the threads and googling, but just can’t get the complete picture of a *best practice* automation for books.

Just a thought, can you not point your Calibre database folder (or files it looks for) to the same Folder that your LL files download to? (I only speculate as I JUST am about to set this up, and you brought up the same valid question that I was thinking)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 9:07 AM, Nyghthawk said:

Just a thought, can you not point your Calibre database folder (or files it looks for) to the same Folder that your LL files download to? (I only speculate as I JUST am about to set this up, and you brought up the same valid question that I was thinking)

Thanks. I got it working a while ago. I just followed the instructions related to the Thraxis docker and I got it working for automated downloads. I also have the Calibre docker looking at a Watch folder so I can add .epub manually. I used this when migrating my epub collection from Apple's Books app.

5 hours ago, misterwiggles said:

Thanks. I got it working a while ago. I just followed the instructions related to the Thraxis docker and I got it working for automated downloads. I also have the Calibre docker looking at a Watch folder so I can add .epub manually. I used this when migrating my epub collection from Apple's Books app.

does your calibre docker have an updated version? the RDP version is outdated

also anyone get lazylibrarian to work well with the new libgen issues?

Error fetching link data from libgen.io: Response status 503: service_unavailable

always get that no matter what "mirror" i use. I can click the same link and click download myself WITHOUT getting this 503 error...and one of the best mirrors changed their layout so the parser does not work. 

Edited by Nyghthawk
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2019 at 12:21 AM, misterwiggles said:

Can someone with a good, solid LL workflow share how they are using LL along with Calibre? I know there is another Thraxis docker that people seem to favor for this integration.

I am having the same question. I'd prefer to use LS docker for LL, but am not sure whether it allows to serve my purpose of hosing my ebooks in my network (via OPDS). Would I need Calibre for this? Could I use Ubooquity (which I already use for comics). Or even easiest to just use LL, which seems to include some form of OPDS implementation itself?

On 4/4/2019 at 12:32 PM, Nyghthawk said:

does your calibre docker have an updated version? the RDP version is outdated

If I were to go the calibre route, which docker will include the latest?

I'm almost 100% certain this is an issue on my end, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what exactly is happening.

That said, Everything on LL works to my happy, except GoodReads ...

02-May-2019 10:13:14 - DEBUG   :: EBOOK_SCAN : librarysync.py:LibraryScan:624 : [/books] Now scanning subdirectory /Carrie Ryan/The Map to Everywhere (59)
02-May-2019 10:13:14 - DEBUG   :: EBOOK_SCAN : librarysync.py:LibraryScan:659 : book meta [] [en] [Carrie Ryan] [The Map to Everywhere] [epub]
02-May-2019 10:13:14 - DEBUG   :: EBOOK_SCAN : importer.py:addAuthorNameToDB:65 : Author Carrie Ryan not found in database, trying to add
02-May-2019 10:13:14 - DEBUG   :: EBOOK_SCAN : gr.py:find_author_id:259 : Searching for author with name: Carrie Ryan
02-May-2019 10:13:15 - DEBUG   :: EBOOK_SCAN : cache.py:get_cached_request:313 : Got error response for https://www.goodreads.com/api/author_url/Carrie%20Ryan?key=ckvsiSDsuqh7omh74ZZ6Q: Resp
onse status 403: forbidden
02-May-2019 10:13:15 - DEBUG   :: EBOOK_SCAN : gr.py:find_author_id:267 : Error requesting authorid

However, if I take that url (https://www.goodreads.com/api/author_url/Carrie Ryan?key=ckvsiSDsuqh7omh74ZZ6Q) and paste it into my browser:

<GoodreadsResponse>
  <Request>
    <authentication>true</authentication>
    <key>
      <![CDATA[ ckvsiSDsuqh7omh74ZZ6Q ]]>
    </key>
    <method>
      <![CDATA[ api_author_link ]]>
    </method>
  </Request>
  <author id="1443712">
    <name>
      <![CDATA[ Carrie Ryan ]]>
    </name>
    <link>
      https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1443712.Carrie_Ryan?utm_medium=api&utm_source=author_link
    </link>
  </author>
</GoodreadsResponse>

It works no problem.

But *ONLY* if my VPN is turned on.  If I have the VPN turned off, all is well, and full of literary rainbows and unicorns.

Is this an issue with LL, the container, or GoodReads itself blocking the VPN?

I should probably post my docker-compose.yml as well:

version: "2"

networks:
  default:
    external:
      name:
        dockerNet

services:
  lazylibrarian:
    container_name:
      lazylibrarian
    image:
      linuxserver/lazylibrarian
    environment:
      - PUID=1001
      - PGID=1001
      - TZ=America/######
    volumes:
      - /dockers/lazylibrarian/config:/config
      - /nas/Media/Unsorted/Complete/eBooks:/downloads
      - /nas/Media/Library/Books:/books
      - /nas/Media/Library/AudioBooks:/audiobooks
    networks:
    ports:
      - 60105:5299
    restart:
      unless-stopped

dockerNet is an external bridged subnet I have running so docker can run happily behind the VPN.  I simply created it:

docker network create --subnet 10.20.35.0/24 dockerNet

I'm not entirely sure why it works, but without using the "external" default network for the containers, none of my containers work behind the VPN.

Edited by Jabouty
  • 1 month later...

Quick follow-up on anyone experience with Readarr?

If not, any thoughts whether there is somewhere a Lazylibrarian forum to get some help. I am facing a few issues: many (but not all) books are not identified after download and thus not moved. Don't know how to manually add them. Many duplicate downloads.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 2:16 PM, steve1977 said:

If not, any thoughts whether there is somewhere a Lazylibrarian forum to get some help. I am facing a few issues: many (but not all) books are not identified after download and thus not moved. Don't know how to manually add them. Many duplicate downloads.

Any thoughts what is the best forum / discord to get help on Lazylibrarian? I am really struggling with duplicate downloads and large number of downloads that do not get identified.

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2019 at 4:01 AM, steve1977 said:

Any thoughts what is the best forum / discord to get help on Lazylibrarian? I am really struggling with duplicate downloads and large number of downloads that do not get identified.

Yeah, I'm having the same issue with duplicates. Not sure where else to ask for support but seems like this thread won't be it since you haven't gotten a response

59 minutes ago, andyd said:

Yeah, I'm having the same issue with duplicates. Not sure where else to ask for support but seems like this thread won't be it since you haven't gotten a response

For application specific issues, the authors community/github/webpage is the place to report those issues.

3 hours ago, andyd said:

Thanks for your replies. Great to see I am not the only one using Lazylibrarian ;-)

Did you figure out how to manually import books that are downloaded, but then not automatically moved?

4 hours ago, saarg said:

For application specific issues, the authors community/github/webpage is the place to report those issues.

Yeah, I've posted on gitlab.  Thank you

1 hour ago, steve1977 said:

Thanks for your replies. Great to see I am not the only one using Lazylibrarian ;-)

Did you figure out how to manually import books that are downloaded, but then not automatically moved?

Sorry I'm currently only using it for mags and don't mess with that

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am new to Unraid but not to LazyLibrarian. I have LL up and running on unraid using nzbget and deluge. The program searches and sends the info to the downloaders fine, they then download the files to /mnt/user/Downloads/Completed/Books/ but I can not seem to get the postprocessing to work. I get 

Download dir ['/mnt/user/Downloads/Completed/Books/'] not found, using /config

and 

[/mnt/user/Downloads/Completed/Books/] is not a directory

I have tried as many different variations of the path that I can come up with and no difference, what simple thing that any fourth grader should know am I missing?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

Chas