[Support] Linuxserver.io - LazyLibrarian

Just now, jonathanm said:

It's been a while since I played with LL, so I opened up an instance and looked around. I can't seem to find that option. Is it only available when working with a specific book?

Yeah, when you go to the eBooks tab, if the book has been downloaded you should have a button on the far right-hand column labeled Send.

On 12/25/2019 at 8:13 AM, jonathanm said:

Without further documentation, best guess is that your container paths don't match. If you have /downloads -> /mnt/user/downloads in one docker and /data -> /mnt/user/downloads in the other docker, the files won't be found, because /downloads and /data are different, even though they point to the same destination on the host.

@Squid, @trurl, at first I was convinced it was a container path mismatch problem, after digging a little I'm not so sure any more. It seems like an issue with LL, not linked to the downloading container. The path not found reference is apparently when trying to do a send operation internal to LL on a file already properly referenced inside LL.

It does seem odd to have /downloads pointing where it is, and there may still be an issue there, but I'm not sure it's what's causing this error.

5 hours ago, trurl said:

You can get to the command line inside any of your dockers by clicking on its icon on the Dashboard or Docker page and selecting >_ Console

Ahhh okay, I am certainly not well informed when it comes to containers and what all is in the container's file system.  No matter how obvious it seems. :)  I have attached a screen capture that shows what is in both books and downloads.  That's as far as I knew how to go in the path, I wasn't sure how to get further with the names with single quotes around them. 

paths.jpg

4 hours ago, Squid said:

The mapping for /downloads has to match exactly with all apps exactly, and based upon it I doubt that it does

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-docker-faq/?tab=comments#comment-566086

Okay so I may have had /downloads incorrect in LL.  For other containers (sonarr, radarr, etc.) I have /mnt/user/downloads/completed for LL I had /mnt/user/downloads/completed/books.  So it seems like I need to remove books from the download path in LL correct?  Where this doesn't make sense to me is that the downloaded books are being moved to the LL /books location just fine, from what I can tell.  It's just when I go to send it to my ereader that is says it can't find the file.  When the file seems to be in the path that it says it can't find it in.

Hello Guys/Girls,

I have an big issue using the app,

when i install it and set it up al works fine.

after a certain time, when i want to start the app i can´t connect to the app.

when i restart, same issue, no connection.

when i reistall i can begin from the beginning and it works fine but its not the way.

does some one know about the problem and can help me ?

Kind regards,

JH

3 hours ago, Joeri1594 said:

I have an big issue using the app,

when i install it and set it up al works fine.

after a certain time, when i want to start the app i can´t connect to the app.

when i restart, same issue, no connection.

when i reistall i can begin from the beginning and it works fine but its not the way.

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics zip file to your NEXT post.

Also post your docker run command for this docker as explained at the very first link in the Docker FAQ:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-docker-faq/

15 hours ago, adamcampbell81 said:

Update button in the app is not working. 

(Invalid update data, update failed: ['LazyLibrarian-master-4ca7e9eb3f27d34602f72b9e7c65a29fecf03614', 'LazyLibrarian-master-7b3976281c7f8b4eb525a5fa18f0bbf8f36481b0'])

It says i am 19 commits behind. 

Is there a better way to update?

Yes, update the container. Do not use the built in updater.

On 12/25/2019 at 6:24 AM, beaverly72 said:

Having an issue sending books.  The log states that the ebook is missing, but I check the path and it’s definitely there.

Missing eBook Randy Wayne White, Cuba Straits [/books/Randy Wayne White/Cuba Straits (37)/Cuba Straits - Randy Wayne White.mobi]

I'm having this same issue both when trying to send the ebook to a kindle or just opening a file. I've checked the paths and changed them to be consistent (even though as mentioned the importing of the downloaded books to the library location is working fine). I've also tried new permissions on the files but nothing has been able to fix it. Without being able to open/download the books from LL or send it to a kindle this whole program is fairly useless sadly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone using this with rtorrent?  I've tried all the configurations I can think of based off the setup page provided by lazylibrarian and I can't get any of them to communicate correctly.  Any time I try to change

scgi_port = 0.0.0.0:5000

in rtorrent.rc it borks rutorrent and I can't see anything until I changed it back.  Any suggestions on what I should try?

On 1/3/2020 at 2:19 PM, DavidSpek said:

I'm having this same issue both when trying to send the ebook to a kindle or just opening a file. I've checked the paths and changed them to be consistent (even though as mentioned the importing of the downloaded books to the library location is working fine). I've also tried new permissions on the files but nothing has been able to fix it. Without being able to open/download the books from LL or send it to a kindle this whole program is fairly useless sadly. 

I am not sure what happened but this is not working for me

On 12/27/2019 at 12:26 PM, beaverly72 said:

Okay so I may have had /downloads incorrect in LL.  For other containers (sonarr, radarr, etc.) I have /mnt/user/downloads/completed for LL I had /mnt/user/downloads/completed/books.  So it seems like I need to remove books from the download path in LL correct?  Where this doesn't make sense to me is that the downloaded books are being moved to the LL /books location just fine, from what I can tell.  It's just when I go to send it to my ereader that is says it can't find the file.  When the file seems to be in the path that it says it can't find it in.

FYI, I changed from /mnt/user/downloads/completed/books to /mnt/user/downloads/completed.  This caused LL to no longer import my downloaded books to the LL dir.  Changing it back to /mnt/user/downloads/completed/books resolved it.  Also, I am no longer having the issue when attempting to send or open a book.  Seems to be working now

Last thing I am trying to do is run the converter in the preprocessor.  I have a couple of questions/issues...first I see the example_ebooks_convert.py in /app/lazylibrarian/.  I added /app/lazylibrarian/example_ebook_convert.py to the preprocessor program field, but it keeps saying...

Preprocessor returned 1: res[] err[runScript exception: FileNotFoundError [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/app/lazylibrarian/example_ebook_convert.py': '/app/lazylibrarian/example_ebook_convert.py']

Also, in the script it wants to define the full path of ebook-convert if it does not exist in the same path as the script (I assume).  Since I don't see it in /app/lazylibrarian/ I checked and it seems like others have defined the path as /opt/calibre/ but this path seems to be empty.  I am not sure what I am supposed to use here. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 12.20.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 12.23.20 PM.png

Edited by beaverly72

I'm seeing this error in the logs when I try to Run Postprocessing, which sometimes imports the files in the /downloads directory, and often doesn't:

26-Jan-2020 19:53:07 - WARNING :: POSTPROCESS : postprocess.py:processDir:586 : Unexpected download folder Books
26-Jan-2020 19:53:07 - INFO    :: POSTPROCESS : postprocess.py:processDir:1107 : 0 downloads processed.
26-Jan-2020 19:53:07 - INFO    :: POSTPROCESS : postprocess.py:processDir:1112 : Found 1 unprocessed

Any thoughts on how to fix? Diagnostics attached, and Docker run command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='lazylibrarian' --net='bridge' --log-opt max-size='50m' --log-opt max-file='1' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '5299:5299/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Saidar/!Downloads/Books/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Saidar/Books/':'/books':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/lazylibrarian':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/lazylibrarian'

Please let me know if you have any questions or ideas of something to try.

truesource-diagnostics-20200126-2039.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am quite new to unraid (& docker for that matter) but I have had a good amount of success in setting things up and fixing issues thanks to this forum, the effort put in by linuxserver, and others. Thanks everyone.

I am, however, having issues setting up LL and calibre. Books are being found, downloaded via NZBGet and being added to Calibre but LL is not fully post-processing correctly. Books are not importing into LL. I am sure i have fiddled with the settings too much to try to get it working and screwed it up. The logs are reporting thus:

16-Feb-2020 17:00:37 - INFO :: SEARCHBOOK : searchbook.py:search_book:146 : Searching 3 providers ['nzb'] for 1 book
16-Feb-2020 17:00:37 - INFO :: SEARCHBOOK : searchbook.py:search_book:148 : Provider Blocklist contains 0 entries
16-Feb-2020 17:00:39 - INFO :: SEARCHBOOK : resultlist.py:findBestResult:260 : Best match (97.0%): History of Tom Jones, a Foundling - Henry Fielding using book search, https://api.nzb.su priority 0
16-Feb-2020 17:00:39 - INFO :: SEARCHBOOK : searchbook.py:search_book:367 : Found NZB result: book 97.0%, https://api.nzb.su priority 0
16-Feb-2020 17:00:39 - INFO :: SEARCHBOOK : searchbook.py:search_book:373 : Requesting eBook download: 97.0% https://api.nzb.su: History of Tom Jones, a Foundling - Henry Fielding
16-Feb-2020 17:00:39 - INFO :: SEARCHBOOK : nzbget.py:sendNZB:150 : Sending NZB to NZBget
16-Feb-2020 17:00:39 - INFO :: SEARCHBOOK : resultlist.py:downloadResult:326 : Downloading eBook History of Tom Jones, a Foundling - Henry Fielding from https://api.nzb.su
16-Feb-2020 17:00:39 - INFO :: SEARCHBOOK : searchbook.py:search_book:391 : Search for Wanted items complete, found 1 book
16-Feb-2020 17:04:43 - WARNING :: WEBSERVER : webServe.py:forceWish:5510 : WishList search called but no wishlist providers set

16-Feb-2020 17:05:53 - ERROR :: ADDAUTHOR : cache.py:fetchURL:134 : fetchURL: Timeout getting response from https://openlibrary.org/api/books?format=json&jscmd=data&bibkeys=ISBN:9780198185116

16-Feb-2020 17:05:53 - INFO :: ADDAUTHOR : providers.py:BlockProvider:465 : Blocking provider openlibrary for 60 minutes because Timeout HTTPSConnectionPool(host='openli...
16-Feb-2020 17:09:01 - ERROR :: POSTPROCESS : database.py:_action:129 : Fatal error executing SELECT AuthorName,BookID,BookName,BookDesc,BookIsbn,BookImg,BookDate,BookLang,BookPub,BookRate,Requester,AudioRequester,BookGenre from books,authors WHERE BookID=? and books.AuthorID = authors.AuthorID :('', ''): Incorrect number of bindings supplied. The current statement uses 1, and there are 2 supplied.

16-Feb-2020 17:09:01 - ERROR :: POSTPROCESS : database.py:_action:130 : Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/app/lazylibrarian/lazylibrarian/database.py", line 65, in _action
sqlResult = self.connection.execute(query, args)
sqlite3.ProgrammingError: Incorrect number of bindings supplied. The current statement uses 1, and there are 2 supplied.

16-Feb-2020 17:09:01 - ERROR :: POSTPROCESS : postprocess.py:processDestination:2257 : processDestination: No data found for bookid 99329

16-Feb-2020 17:09:03 - ERROR :: POSTPROCESS : postprocess.py:processDir:1185 : Postprocessing for 'The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling - Henry Fielding' has failed: 'Failed to locate author folder /books/Henry Fielding/'

16-Feb-2020 17:09:03 - WARNING :: POSTPROCESS : postprocess.py:processDir:1206 : Residual files remain in /downloads/completed/Books/History of Tom Jones, a Foundling - Henry Fielding.fail

16-Feb-2020 17:09:03 - INFO :: POSTPROCESS : postprocess.py:processDir:1227 : 0 downloads processed.
16-Feb-2020 17:09:03 - INFO :: POSTPROCESS : postprocess.py:processDir:1232 : Found 0 unprocessed
16-Feb-2020 17:09:03 - INFO :: POSTPROCESS : postprocess.py:processDir:1347 : Nothing marked as snatched or seeding. Stopping postprocessor.
16-Feb-2020 17:12:59 - INFO :: ADDAUTHOR : gr.py:get_author_books:1034 : [Henry Fielding] Book processing complete: Added 165 books to the database
16-Feb-2020 17:12:59 - INFO :: ADDAUTHOR : importer.py:addAuthorToDB:383 : [Henry Fielding] Author update complete, status Active

Can anyone see anything obviously wrong?

Thanks,

Screenshot 2020-02-16 at 17.02.40.png