Duplicate 'appdata' share

PhAzE

Hi!

Since upgrading to unRAID 6.2, when I reboot my server I now get a duplicate 'appdata' share automatically craeted, and it conflicts with my 'AppData' share that I already have setup.  Samba isn't case sensitive so it messes up access to that share, and when I remove it, it erases the settings for my AppData share.

Is anyone else getting this strange behavior?  How can I stop the lowercase 'appdata' folder from being automatically created on start up?

Hi!

Since upgrading to unRAID 6.2, when I reboot my server I now get a duplicate 'appdata' share automatically craeted, and it conflicts with my 'AppData' share that I already have setup.  Samba isn't case sensitive so it messes up access to that share, and when I remove it, it erases the settings for my AppData share.

Is anyone else getting this strange behavior?  How can I stop the lowercase 'appdata' folder from being automatically created on start up?

Docker settings, and set the default appdata share to point to your already existing one.  As you've already noticed, same share, different case messes up windows / smb, so delete the remnants of the one you don't want via the command line.

Just a note to anyone else:

If you already have an appdata share, and do not change the default docker appdata location to point to your pre-existing share, then new applications that you add will use the LT default share, while your old ones will use your pre-existing share.  Not a problem in and by itself, but at the very least its confusing, and if you also happen to use CA's appdata backup module then only one of them is going to get backed up so you have the potential for data loss in the event of a cache-drive failure.  More info in this Docker FAQ Entry