6.2 slave option for volume setting - what is it and where is it? (SOLVED)

In 6.2, you can modify volume mountings to use the new "slave" option. What is this and how do you do it?

I am getting warning from the "fix common plug ins" for CrashPlan and cannot figure out what to do.

"Docker application CrashPlan has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option"

"To help with a trouble free experience with this application, you need to pass any volumes mounted with Unassigned Devices using the slave option. Fix it here: Docker"

"Fix it here" takes me to the Docker section but I do not know what to do? Thanks!

Edited by TexasDave
  • 1 year later...

Thank you. I was getting the same error for the Krusader docker. I was staring at the information for the past 2 days trying to figure out what it wanted me to change. Changed /mnt/disks/ to RW Slave (it was RW prior) and the error went away. Sometimes things are as intuitive as some people think they are and we just need a slap on the back of th head.

Tim

• Like 3
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok, now I am confused. I have a external USB which I want to point my motioneye to, and I have read about setting disks to Slave.  and I right that to do this all I have to do is the following

image.png.75720340e769b3e49a2adc5c6a6855bc.png

then using the /mnt/cache to

/mnt/disks/share

UPDATE:

ok I was being blond.  I found the option after a lot of reading and looking around,

if anyone is trying to find it, I found it by:

• Click on the Advance Tap, then choosing the Container Path I want to change to RW:SLAVE
  • click on Edit and within here you will see the option to change it.

Edited by chris_netsmart
Found the Solution
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Squid said:

To fix the appdata config,

Settings - Docker - Stop the service. 

Advanced View, enable template authoring mode

Re-start the service

Then you can edit the container again, and there will be an EDIT button next the the /config mapping.

Thanks Squid. I made a donation towards your beer fund.

• 4 months later...
On 8/16/2019 at 10:53 AM, Squid said:

To fix the appdata config,

Settings - Docker - Stop the service. 

Advanced View, enable template authoring mode

Re-start the service

Then you can edit the container again, and there will be an EDIT button next the the /config mapping.

On 10/2/2016 at 7:25 AM, Squid said:

Edit the container, then edit the path that has the host mounting with the UD mounted path, then change the mode to be either RW,slave or RO,slave depending upon your circumstances

Hey Squid I'm still confused on what to change in the actual container. I enabled the template authoring mode. 

ikERf6Y.png

For those wondering where it is: 

GIXN5uS.png

Edited by Supa
  • Like 1
  • 10 months later...
On 12/22/2019 at 7:20 PM, Supa said:

Hey Squid I'm still confused on what to change in the actual container. I enabled the template authoring mode. 

ikERf6Y.png

For those wondering where it is: 

GIXN5uS.png

Thank you.

Good lord people.  How f-ing hard was it to answer this question.  It only took 3 threads with >10 posts each.  So unclear, by default there is absolutley no hint of "slave" or anyway to change some option.  It reminds me of the 'how many people does it take' joke.

Also. since I spent 15 minutes hinting for it. in every possible menu. "Advanced View," its the little button, top right, in the Docker Menu.  It says "Basic View" by default until you click it.  

Theres two types of people here, the people who know all this that cant explain for shit because its obvious to them and the people who have no clue so they are on the message board looking for answers.  We need to work on connecting those two.  (looking at you Squid, you clearly know this stuff inside and out, but your answers leave a lot to be desired- especially linking to vaguely related posts rather than a 1 sentence solution.)

Edited by AndyT86
  • 4 months later...

Recently migrated my Plex configs, DBs, and meta data to another dedicated SSD as it was taking up all my cache space. Next came this same warning from FixCommonProblems plugin "...has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option". 

Problem is, the path in question is defined by AppData Config Path in the Docker Template ... and there does not appear to be a way to add the RW/Slave option (see screenshot). 

How can I resolve this?

AppDconfig.png