Squid

[Plugin] Ransomware Protection - Deprecated

434 posts in this topic Last Reply

9 hours ago, bobokun said:

So I uninstalled the plugin before forgetting to cleanup all the squidbait files. I'm trying to search for it in the community applications to install again so I can remove all the files/folders generated by the plugin but I can't seem to find it anymore. What's the best way to remove all these files/folders?

It should have automatically removed all of the files during the uninstall.

But, if (for whatever reason) you have files left over, you can just manually delete them.  Over the network, via Krusader, or at the command line.

I'm trying to install this on 6.5.2 but it's not showing up in CA (2018.09.01a)??

21 minutes ago, DZMM said:

I'm trying to install this on 6.5.2 but it's not showing up in CA (2018.09.01a)??

CA blocks new installs of it (because its been deprecated).  Only if you've previously had it installed will it allow you to reinstall.  It just doesn't work quite right under latter versions of unRaid.

@Squid After seeing it in your signature, I read through the first two pages of this thread, got all excited... then i found this:

On 9/11/2018 at 10:38 AM, Squid said:

CA blocks new installs of it (because its been deprecated).  Only if you've previously had it installed will it allow you to reinstall.  It just doesn't work quite right under latter versions of unRaid.

perhaps you could edit your signature to 
Others: Ransomware Protection (for older unraid very) or (deprecated) or (no new installs) or (legacy app)

p.s. Not trying to bash on you, just trying to save others from the allure of the oasis in the desert. hahaha 😉

3 minutes ago, nasforthemass said:

perhaps you could edit your signature to

Signatures are disabled by default on the forum software (unlike the previous forum software), so I and many many other users here can't be bothered to update them.

EDIT: done.  Removed the reference to Ransomware & Cleanup Appdata

Edited by Squid

On 8/6/2018 at 8:57 AM, Squid said:

It should have automatically removed all of the files during the uninstall.

But, if (for whatever reason) you have files left over, you can just manually delete them.  Over the network, via Krusader, or at the command line.

Your tone implies this is a relatively straighforward step, but the thought of a hiccup leaving me with 700,000+ files to delete, strewn across hundreds of folders....is pretty intimidating.  Any suggestions to help ensure this doesn't happen?  Or some syntax to leisurely recover, if it does?

Windows Explorer

Search the share for say Squidbait*  Then highlight them all (CTRL-A) and delete.

10 minutes ago, Squid said:

Windows Explorer

Search the share for say Squidbait*  Then highlight them all (CTRL-A) and delete.

Same process works on a Mac using Finder, if you don’t use a pc.