SpaceInvaderOne

GUIDE *****Custom VM icons automatically downloaded and installed to unraid

65 posts in this topic Last Reply

17 hours ago, ProphetSe7en said:

I have the same problem. How do you reset permissions?

You can use the simple option and fire up WinSCP and get properties of file and give it 777. Or do it by cmd line using chmod.

Below is a shared link from my google drive for the icon I use for Pop!_OS from system 76.  Not sure how popular but a buddy of mine and I love their distro of linux.

Pop!_OS

Thank you SpaceInvaderOne, for your script and video!

Here's the original Manjaro Linux Logo.

manjaro_logo.png

Plus for those who want to indicate separate VMs for Nvidia and AMD Windows systems (sorry about the sizes)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXbumgUVefba_qyl_y4Kg and 440-4400785_what-in-the-actual-fuck-kind

Posted (edited)

Noob here asking how to do this so I can get this script running....Watched Youtube video and still nothing...Pls forward instructions or process on how to do this and thanks.

Edited by Eli517

35 minutes ago, Eli517 said:

Noob here asking how to do this so I can get this script running....Watched Youtube video and still nothing...Pls forward instructions or process on how to do this and thanks.

IDK how Ed could make it easier.. Maybe watch video AGAIN ?

Hey... i use this script, for some time... now i set it up on a new unraid system... but all the time i reboot my machine, the icons in "/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/templates/images/" gone missing!?

do someone has a idea, why?

Posted (edited)

Hello

I ve just used the script seems to work but in the video  @SpaceInvaderOne didn t mention how to find the api and user token key since he too set the value to 1 but let it there without define those keys. Where to find them?

Edit... when I used a custom PopOS icon next restart total mess... couldn t start VM service nor Docker Service... multiple errors at system log. I shut it down completely and lucky me next reboot worked but all the icons got lost that the script downloaded.... Am I missing something here?

Edited by ieronymous

Posted (edited)

I just wanted an icon or two for VM's and not the whole banner and icon 'repo concept' of spaceinvader one's great work.  So I made a very simple script that copies any PNG file in the root of the flash drive.  Same exact steps to install the script just made it instead be:

#!/bin/bash
# this script copies all png files from flash drive to vm icon folder
rsync -a /boot/*.png /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/templates/images

if you want a bit more of a robust script with error reporting, logging, cleanup of permissions, etc this would work as well:

#!/bin/bash
# this script copies all png files from flash drive to vm icon folder
echo "+=============================================================================="
echo " | Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/user.scripts/iconpush"
echo "+=============================================================================="
echo "Found the following PNG files:"
ls -al /boot/*.png
rsync -a /boot/*.png /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/templates/images
echo "Return Code: $?"
chmod 644 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/templates/images/*
echo "Return Code: $?"
sleep 3
exit

I was hoping the icons would show up on creation of a VM, but it seems you can only modify a VM with the new icons.  It's good enough though.

Hope this helps someone else if they have this need.  I have attached the folder with the 2 required files to drop into the \flash\config\plugins\user.scripts\scripts folder in case people are not clear on how to modify an existing script.

iconpush.zip

Edited by choekstr
fixed a typo

@SpaceInvaderOne Hi and thank you for making this script and hosting the icons on your sever and for the video instructions.

Can you please add all the excellent icons on this forum to your repo? I noticed many are not on there (KDE plasma for example)

I ended up manually adding a wget instruction directly in the "/boot/config/plugins/user.scripts/scripts/icon_banner downloader\script" file below the call to your "wget'.

Ugly, but it works and luckily the forum location acts as a suitable location for hosting:

wget $get -P $download
wget https://ipsassets.unraid.net/uploads/monthly_2018_04/icon-kdeneon.png.0f710d4f92761e19ddc1a05760326f28.png -P $download
wget $getbanner -P $dirbanner

Just a note to everyone to insert the image directly into your post. Dropbox or Google links won't work with this method.

Posted (edited)

primeos_136857.png.4cdbc97bd7c04195255c15b2092083a2.pngprimeos3.png.11941420ccd79ad04ccd2fafea3fdbdc.png

Adding an icon for PrimeOS (Android)

Edited by frakman1

I also vote for all the icons in this thread be added to the repo - this script is amazing and the icons are too!