Video Guide****How to configure and install some essential plugins for unRAID!!!

Hi Guys i have made this video below to show people who maybe new to unraid how to customize their server with the following plugins

Community applications

fix common problems

unassigned devices

system stats

s3 sleep

system temperature

nerd pack

system buttons

Id like to say thanks to the guys who gave us these plugins that make our unRAID life better!!. Squid, dmacius72, dlandon and bergware.

And as i cant make plugins i thought i would make a video instead!

How to configure and install some essential plugins for unRAID

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • 5 months later...

gridrunner: 

Love your tutorials. Gives me the immediate confidence to "just do it". When you are new you tend to tread carefully because you don't want to screw up.

I am a newbie (6.5 yrs with 4.7) once it was set up it ran flawlessly.  I didn't need to do anything except add new disks. As they say, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Just upgraded to 6 (today) to go to larger drives and I am enjoying all the bells and whistles.

I would like to toss out a suggestion. Perhaps you could assemble your videos in a logical sequence addressing:

Why unRaid vs all other choices

Building an unRaid server with some urls to let people see different systems and hardware. 

Loading unRaid software and setting up the server (basic NAS)

Advanced uses

13 minutes ago, tunetyme said:

gridrunner: 

Love your tutorials. Gives me the immediate confidence to "just do it". When you are new you tend to tread carefully because you don't want to screw up.

I am a newbie (6.5 yrs with 4.7) once it was set up it ran flawlessly.  I didn't need to do anything except add new disks. As they say, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Just upgraded to 6 (today) to go to larger drives and I am enjoying all the bells and whistles.

I would like to toss out a suggestion. Perhaps you could assemble your videos in a logical sequence addressing:

Why unRaid vs all other choices

Building an unRaid server with some urls to let people see different systems and hardware. 

Loading unRaid software and setting up the server (basic NAS)

Advanced uses

In case you missed it (stickied in General Support) here are some links to others:

Turl, 

Yes I found it and I did miss it the first time around as I was looking for answers to specific questions. Frankly, I haven't been active on the forum for years and only became active again because I needed to upgrade from 2 to 4TB drives. This necessitated upgrading to 6. I wasn't looking forward to it. 6 years ago this forum was not a very friendly place for those of us who were stuck with Windows because of our jobs and needed our hand held every step of the way to setup unRaid. Once it was set up it worked flawlessly. I was functionally illiterate about setting up a Linux based system but I have built several dozen DOS and Windows machines. Frankly, preclearing drives was pretty intimidating the first time around. 

What I have found in this forum and with all the improvements on unRaid has virtually blown my mind!!! (pun intended)

What I am suggesting is to have a series of tutorials for people who are functionally illiterate with Linux and unRaid.  The purpose is to offload the bulk of the mundane questions asked on the forum and make it easy for new users to come on board, learn the basics, and become productive members of the community. There is a ton of stuff on all the new and exciting bells and whistles that you have added. My choice of unRaid after months of research 7 years ago makes me feel like the the guy who bought 1,000 shares of apple back in the early 80's and forgot that he owned them until today. It's better than hitting the lottery. My comments are not negative but I want to encourage addressing the needs of people who are acquainted with Linux. I am certainly willing to help because I will get to learn everything I need to know. Besides who likes to ask dumb questions?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...