Can't VNC into VMs

Hi all,

I cannot use the built-in VNC to connect to my Virtual Machines in unRaid anymore. The VNC window comes up but says it can't connect ("Server Disconnected, code 1006"). The Host listed is my unRaid IP and the Port is 5700. Clicking the Connect button again does the same thing. I’ve tried changing the Host to the VM’s LAN IP and the port to 5900. I CAN connect using another VNC viewer (from UltraVNC) by using my unRaid IP and port 5900. However, using those same settings in the built-in VNC viewer doesn't work.

It was working about a week ago. Between then and now, I tried the DVB unRaid build (LibreElec v6.2.1) via the CHBMB plugin in order to get a TV Tuner card working. I've since reverted back to the stock 6.2.1 unRaid but the problem persists, even after multiple reboots.

I've tried with a LibreElec VM and a Windows 7 VM. With the LibreElec one, I even deleted it, created a new one, and have the same problem.

I’ve attached my diagnostic logs, in which I did the following:

- Reboot server

- Stop PlexConnect plug-in

- Stop all auto-start Dockers (Nextcloud and PlexMediaServer)

- Start LibreElec VM, wait 30s

- Try VNC. Failed

- Try clicking “Connect” two more times. Failed

- Stop VM

- Grab logs.

I don't know if it's related to the DVB install/uninstall or not. Is there a way to reset the KVM configurations or VNC system to defaults?

Thanks!

starfleet-diagnostics-20161013-1022.zip

Hi all,

I cannot use the built-in VNC to connect to my Virtual Machines in unRaid anymore. The VNC window comes up but says it can't connect ("Server Disconnected, code 1006"). The Host listed is my unRaid IP and the Port is 5700. Clicking the Connect button again does the same thing. I’ve tried changing the Host to the VM’s LAN IP and the port to 5900. I CAN connect using another VNC viewer (from UltraVNC) by using my unRaid IP and port 5900. However, using those same settings in the built-in VNC viewer doesn't work.

It was working about a week ago. Between then and now, I tried the DVB unRaid build (LibreElec v6.2.1) via the CHBMB plugin in order to get a TV Tuner card working. I've since reverted back to the stock 6.2.1 unRaid but the problem persists, even after multiple reboots.

I've tried with a LibreElec VM and a Windows 7 VM. With the LibreElec one, I even deleted it, created a new one, and have the same problem.

I’ve attached my diagnostic logs, in which I did the following:

- Reboot server

- Stop PlexConnect plug-in

- Stop all auto-start Dockers (Nextcloud and PlexMediaServer)

- Start LibreElec VM, wait 30s

- Try VNC. Failed

- Try clicking “Connect” two more times. Failed

- Stop VM

- Grab logs.

I don't know if it's related to the DVB install/uninstall or not. Is there a way to reset the KVM configurations or VNC system to defaults?

Thanks!

Please try an alternate web browser.

Great idea, Jon. Sure enough, it works in Internet Explorer but still doesn't work in Chrome. Very strange.

Chrome is obviously outside of your domain, but do you have any ideas on what I can check/change to get it working again? If not, at least there's a workaround now, and I thank you for that.

try removing chrome totally then reinstall it

Hi guys,

Problem is fixed. This morning, I shut down the Windows7 computer I use to access unRaid and it installed a bunch of Windows updates. Now, VNC with unRaid VMs works fine (reinstalling Chrome was going to be my next move). I don't do a full restart/shutdown of this computer often; usually just put it to sleep. So I'm not sure if it's the fresh startup that fixed the problem, or the slew of Windows updates, or perhaps even Chrome updating itself in the background (which it does). Guess next time I should "try turning off and back on again."  :D

Either way, thanks again for the great support.

Hi guys,

Problem is fixed. This morning, I shut down the Windows7 computer I use to access unRaid and it installed a bunch of Windows updates. Now, VNC with unRaid VMs works fine (reinstalling Chrome was going to be my next move). I don't do a full restart/shutdown of this computer often; usually just put it to sleep. So I'm not sure if it's the fresh startup that fixed the problem, or the slew of Windows updates, or perhaps even Chrome updating itself in the background (which it does). Guess next time I should "try turning off and back on again."  :D

Either way, thanks again for the great support.

When in doubt, blame the browser ;-)

Glad its working for you again!