Good how to on flashing a Dell H310 PERC card?

Considering it should be a straight-forward procedure it does seem unnecessarily complicated. I suppose most people accept this because it's a one off process, but it is annoying that to be sure of being able to complete it you almost need to have a spare motherboard standing by.

Considering it should be a straight-forward procedure it does seem unnecessarily complicated. I suppose most people accept this because it's a one off process, but it is annoying that to be sure of being able to complete it you almost need to have a spare motherboard standing by.

Indeed I did need a second computer.  First It wouldn't boot with the card in, and after reading a few forums posts found out that I had to cover the B side 5 and 6 pins with electrical tape.  I then also ran into booting trouble with my UEFI based mobo.  Tried using the added shell but when I went to clean the OEM firmware with megarec it kepted stalling after entering "megarec -writesbr 0 sbrempty.bin".

Pulled out my 10 yr old AMD system that has been sitting in my closet for years.  Popped it in...voila worked...megarec...worked cleared firmware...and sas2flsh loaded the latest one onto the card.  Works now.