[Request] Aria2 container(s)

kode54

It looks like the best containers to start with are:

timonier/aria2

timonier/webui-aria2

I've gotten them set up manually, but I'm not sure the best way to go about setting them up automatically, including support for a one-time generated RPC secret, or possibly for picking a random RPC port.

I chose to diverge from the suggested setup, which gave the aria2 container host network, and instead forwarded the RPC port to it. I'm not sure that this affects FTP support any, since it already would likely be behind a NAT if it had host networking.

The WebUI module looks like it should be able to be auto configured with the secret, but I haven't gotten the --env RPC_SECRET=blah switch to work when launching that image in a docker, which meant that I had to configure the resulting web page by hand, storing the secret in my browser local storage.

Of course, this setup isn't as convenient as having both the web server and the aria2c process in the same container. It does compartmentalize a bit, though, since only the aria2 container needs the data path, while the webui container only needs a web listen port to serve its static content, as the client is run entirely in the browser.

Bumping with the basic configuration anyone will need to get these two containers up and working:

RPC_SECRET=<your RPC secret>

docker run -d --net bridge -p 6800:6800 -v /mnt/user/aria2\ Downloads:/data -v /mnt/user/appdata/aria2:/root timonier/aria2 --dir=/data --enable-rpc --rpc-listen-all=true --rpc-secret=$RPC_SECRET --log=- --log-level=warn --quiet

docker run -d --net bridge -p 9100:80 --env "RPC_SECRET=$RPC_SECRET" --env "RPC_HOST=<ip of your unRAID>" timonier/webui-aria2

You'll probably need to either & or ctrl-c the output stream of either of those containers. And you'll need to enable them as auto-run under the Dockers WebUI page. Naturally, they'll have funny names.

To be added in the future: The webui container supports an RPC_PORT environment variable, so also supply steps for specifying the RPC port to the aria2 container as well.

Bumping with the basic configuration anyone will need to get these two containers up and working:

RPC_SECRET=<your RPC secret>

docker run -t --net bridge -p 6800:6800 -v /mnt/user/aria2\ Downloads:/data timonier/aria2 -v /mnt/user/appdata/aria2:/root --dir=/data --enable-rpc --rpc-listen-all=true --rpc-secret=$RPC_SECRET --log=- --log-level=warn --quiet

docker run -t --net bridge -p 9100:80 --env "RPC_SECRET=$RPC_SECRET" --env "RPC_HOST=<ip of your unRAID>" timonier/webui-aria2

You'll probably need to either & or ctrl-c the output stream of either of those containers. And you'll need to enable them as auto-run under the Dockers WebUI page. Naturally, they'll have funny names.

To be added in the future: The webui container supports an RPC_PORT environment variable, so also supply steps for specifying the RPC port to the aria2 container as well.

You use the below to run the container as a daemon. Then you don't need to quit the run command.

docker run -d

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...