DNS Attack, Unraid incorrectly marking plugins as "plugins error"

cybrnook

Been beating myself up all morning trying to figure out why I couldn't download the latest recycle-bin and nerpack update that dynamix's was informing me was available. I kept getting a network error shown when trying to download the update.

After the update errored out due to network, it marked the plugin as installed error and seemed now had been uninstalled?

So....... after checking my router, checking static vs dhcp, setting static dns servers etc.... and even taking a sledge hammer to it and dropping back to 6.1.9, only to see the same. I now see online there is a massive ddos attack happening today in the US and has taken the likes of github with it (where the updates are hosted), which answers the question why I cant re-download the plugin or update them.

However, what I don't like is that unraid has uninstalled the plugin because it couldn't reach the update package. Maybe we could add some more logic to the plugin update process in the future? (this suckled.....)

Unraid doesn't remove plugins if it can't resolve the source of the plugin.

When you install a plugin, it downloads the plugin to the USB flash drive and it's installed again on boot.

Most likely the reason is that you downgraded to 6.1.9 and the downloaded plugin required 6.2 to install.

Not at all, this was all before I downgraded. Downgrading was my last option.....

And I can very much tell you that from my installed plugins page, when the plugins reported network error, they were removed from the installed plugins tab, and moved to the errored plugins tab.

It moved , recycle bin, nerd pack, system temp etc....

I didn't read your post well enough the first time. I thought it was the check for updates you clicked.

So the plugins you tried to update, but failed, didn't get deleted, but moved to a new tab. If you go to settings, is nerdpack still available?

I guess the logic in the plugin update/install is that if the download fails, the state of the plugin folder is unknown so it's best to mark it as an error.

Bit this limetech or bonienl should answer. I'm only speculating.

I didn't read your post well enough the first time. I thought it was the check for updates you clicked.

So the plugins you tried to update, but failed, didn't get deleted, but moved to a new tab. If you go to settings, is nerdpack still available?

I guess the logic in the plugin update/install is that if the download fails, the state of the plugin folder is unknown so it's best to mark it as an error.

Bit this limetech or bonienl should answer. I'm only speculating.

Can't check at the moment, I am on 6.1.9, making a whole backup before I have to push back to 6.2.1..... Sorry... Will likely being doing a clean install when I move back to 6.2.1 and will stay away from plugins until this ddos attack subsides.