unRAID Server Version 6.2.2 Available

limetech

BTW, I had to go to 6.2.1 first as 6.2.2 didn't show as an update until 6.2.1 was installed.

Once 6.2.1 was up and running, 6.2.2 showed as an available update.

Not sure if that is by design or not so I thought I would throw that out there.

Somewhere recently, Squid had a similar situation, and had a good idea, that I think is the cause here too.  The 'Check for updates' function is keeping the version it finds, and if time passes and a newer release occurs, without a fresh check, it assumes it still knows the right version to download.  6.2.2 was probably released since your last check was performed.

In other words, if the latest version isn't showing on the Plugins screen, just do another 'Check for updates', and it should see the newer version.

The only thing left on my to do list is to pull the cord for the UPS out of the wall and verify I get a clean shutdown of unRAID and my VM's.

I forget the whole reason, but pulling the cord is not recommended because it breaks the ground connection.  It's better and safer on your equipment to shut it all down first and plug your UPS into a switched outlet (such as on a power strip), then run your test by switching power off.  All connected equipment will still have a ground connection.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhere recently, Squid had a similar situation, and had a good idea, that I think is the cause here too.  The 'Check for updates' function is keeping the version it finds, and if time passes and a newer release occurs, without a fresh check, it assumes it still knows the right version to download.  6.2.2 was probably released since your last check was performed.

Actually, I just set up an unRaid VM today, and without even checking I was just using my spare stick.  It booted up to 6.1.9, and when I checked for updates 30 seconds after its initial boot up, it found 6.2.1.

I just figured oh well, no big deal I have to upgrade to 6.2.1 first and then I can go to 6.2.2

Actually, I just set up an unRaid VM today, and without even checking I was just using my spare stick.  It booted up to 6.1.9, and when I checked for updates 30 seconds after its initial boot up, it found 6.2.1.

I just figured oh well, no big deal I have to upgrade to 6.2.1 first and then I can go to 6.2.2

I stand corrected!

was running 6.1.9, went to do the upgrade using plugin..

did check for updates, showed latest of 6.2.1. did that upgrade without any problems.

went back to the page and check for updates again.. now it showed 6.2.2. did that upgrade as well.

has 6.x always only allowed for one dns server in the settings>network setup?

If DNS Assignment is set to "Static" you should have the option to enter multiple DNS servers. Not sure exactly when that was implemented though.

yeah, looks like a Dynamix bug...  I used to use static but now I just use automatic which oddly just shows the one. looking at the html source I see the others are there but set to not display.

setting to static I see multiple servers.. back to automatic it just shows the one (I think it should just not show ANY since the help text even says: "If set to Automatic the server will use DNS server IP address returned by the local DHCP server.")

If DNS Assignment is set to "Static" you should have the option to enter multiple DNS servers. Not sure exactly when that was implemented though.

yeah, looks like a Dynamix bug...  I used to use static but now I just use automatic which oddly just shows the one. looking at the html source I see the others are there but set to not display.

setting to static I see multiple servers.. back to automatic it just shows the one (I think it should just not show ANY since the help text even says: "If set to Automatic the server will use DNS server IP address returned by the local DHCP server.")

When set to automatic then number of DNS servers is shown as returned by the DHCP server, which is usually one but can be up to three.

When set to static then user can enter up to three DNS servers.

This is introduced with the new network settings in unRAID 6.2

When set to automatic then number of DNS servers is shown as returned by the DHCP server, which is usually one but can be up to three.

I'm seeing one dns server shown in the ui.. three are provided in the html (two have display:none set)...

logging into the box, I see there is actually 3 nameservers reported in

# grep nameserver /etc/resolv.conf

I'm seeing one dns server shown in the ui.. three are provided in the html (two have display:none set)...

logging into the box, I see there is actually 3 nameservers reported in

# grep nameserver /etc/resolv.conf

Do you use automatic or static setting for DNS in the above scenario?

Static only one showing.

It shows one entry because there is only one DNS server defined. The empty DNS fields are hidden when the settings are locked.

When you stop Docker/VM and unlock the network settings then static DNS will show three fields, which the user can fill in.

Static only one showing.

It shows one entry because there is only one DNS server defined. The empty DNS fields are hidden when the settings are locked.

When you stop Docker/VM and unlock the network settings then static DNS will show three fields, which the user can fill in.

static = 3 shown.

automatic = 1 shown.

all im saying is that with automatic why doesnt it show the 3? or just dont show any?

sure seems like a 'bug' as i dont recall it doing this in 5.x

And what exactly is the problem with hiding the ones that are automatically set by DHCP? They'll just be replaced again next time the DHCP lease is renewed.

i think you missed the point...

the ui has them, dynamix just chooses to only display the first one out of x many when using auto.

if it would show all the data it knows from dhcp, it would show all 3.

if it would show all the data it knows because of it being static at one point, it would show all 3.

if it would have just not shown any because its set to auto.. that would have been fine.

i just find it odd that it shows the one.. which is what caused me to do a double take because i thought something might be borked after the update..

Please post the full contents of your /etc/resolv.conf. Actually, if you're going to listen, maybe you'll just post your diagnostics.zip instead, as that will contain everything.

# cat /etc/resolv.conf

# Generated by dhcpcd from eth0.dhcp

# /etc/resolv.conf.head can replace this line

nameserver 208.67.222.222

nameserver 208.67.222.220

nameserver 192.168.0.1

# /etc/resolv.conf.tail can replace this line

Static only one showing.

static = 3 shown.

automatic = 1 shown.

all im saying is that with automatic why doesnt it show the 3? or just dont show any?

sure seems like a 'bug' as i dont recall it doing this in 5.x

I did some testing and can confirm you've found a bug.

When network settings are unlocked then all DNS fields are shown, but once network settings are locked (Docker/VM started) then only one DNS field is visible.

All DNS entries are used internally but the GUI doesn't show them all. I made a correction for this.

parity check completed without any problems. took ~1.5 hours longer than 6.1.9 did..

6.2.2:

Parity check finished (0 errors)

Duration: 11 hours, 15 minutes, 32 seconds. Average speed: 74.0 MB/s

I see you're using SASLP controllers. Perhaps you need to adjust your tunables.

It's been a long while since I posted but, I cannot seem to find the download link for the latest version as its not on the download page....I was planning to upgrade my system which was running version 5.0.5 with the Pro key.

Interesting -- the downloads were all there a couple days ago.  I'm sure this will be resolved VERY soon by LimeTech  :)