[Plugin] ControlR

On 10/16/2019 at 3:32 AM, Hoopster said:

Just curious if there are known issues with ControlR and 6.8.0-RC1?  I cant access my server through ControlR since updating to the RC. This is true on both the local LAN and via VPN

Same issue here but no biggie, it’s an RC I’ll wait for an app update. 

• 2 months later...

@jbrodriguez Thanks for your continued work and support for the community.

I have been having an issue running the server since upgrading to 6.8.0-stable LinuxServer.io NVIDIA Build from 6.7.2-stable LinuxServer.io NVIDIA Build.  I enable the ControlR server, but it returns Status: Stopped.

From a Controlr uninstall, server reboot and fresh Controlr install, here is the only stuff in the log after enabling the Controlr server:

I: 2020/01/06 00:55:24 app.go:57: controlr v2020.01.04|2.17.1 starting ...
I: 2020/01/06 00:55:24 app.go:65: No config file specified. Using app defaults .
I: 2020/01/06 00:55:24 app.go:214: cert: found Tower_unraid_bundle.pem
I: 2020/01/06 00:55:24 core.go:73: starting service Core ...
I: 2020/01/06 00:55:24 core.go:268: Created system sensor ...
I: 2020/01/06 00:55:24 core.go:289: Created apc ups ...

The controlr.cfg:

SERVICE="enable"
PORT="2378"
CERTDIR="/boot/config/ssl/certs"
UPS="enable"

If there is something else I can provide to help debug please let me know.

-JesterEE

v2020-01-11b (2.18.1) is out !

This fixes the formula to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit for the system and ipmi temperature sensors.

Thanks a lot @ErikM1970 for helping in figuring this out !

I just upgraded to v2020.01.11a; however, the temperature still does not appear on the iOS application (in Celsius or Fahrenheit). Was this expected?

—Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Just make sure that the plugin is actually running ... in the plugin settings page, set it to disable server, apply changes, then set it to enable server, apply changes and it should work.

Now we’re cooking! The temperature returneth! Great work. Thank you for seeing this through!

—Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Thanks 1

I just upgraded the plugin and now I cannot access my server from the Android app. I tried to delete the existing server from the app and add it again but the app doesn't find the server.

I still have the same settings in the plugin. On the app I am trying to access the server IP and port 2378 using the user set in the plugin with my server pwd. But when I select add on the app nothing happens. The add blinks but the page doesn't change. If I return to the home page on the app there are no servers.

Its been working fine for ages. I did just update the unraid OS.

Any advice?

On 1/11/2020 at 8:34 AM, jbrodriguez said:

Hey @JesterEE, I somehow missed your post.

Do you have an APC ups on  your system ?

Can you try disabling the UPS setting on the plugin to check it that works ?

No problem.  I do.  I tried disabling it as suggested, but an getting the same result.  I see you added debug logging, but I don't see an option to enable it.  Here are outputs that I am receiving when restarting the Controlr server:

System Log

Jan 12 18:01:44 Tower ool www[17754]: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/controlr/scripts/stop
Jan 12 18:01:52 Tower ool www[19673]: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/controlr/scripts/start
Jan 12 18:01:52 Tower sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/bash -c /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/controlr/controlr -port 2378 -certdir '/boot/config/ssl/certs'

/boot/logs/controlr.log

I: 2020/01/12 18:01:52 app.go:57: controlr v2020.01.11b|2.18.1 starting ...
I: 2020/01/12 18:01:52 app.go:65: No config file specified. Using app defaults ...
I: 2020/01/12 18:01:52 app.go:214: cert: found Tower_unraid_bundle.pem
I: 2020/01/12 18:01:52 core.go:73: starting service Core ...
I: 2020/01/12 18:01:52 core.go:268: Created system sensor ...
I: 2020/01/12 18:01:52 core.go:298: No ups detected ...

It is worth noting that I am on a system that currently doesn't support monitoring of the CPU/motherboard/fans.  The Linux kernel v4.19 on Unraid 6.8.0-Stable does not read my hardware.  I am eagerly awaiting the next 6.9.0-rc (Soon™ 😭) so I can get on the Linux v5 kernel which I am hoping should fix it for the AMD Ryzen 3000/x570 chipset products.  I know your software monitors this information, so while I do have the System Temp plugin installed, it is currently not monitoring any sensors.

-JesterEE

1 hour ago, jbrodriguez said:

Yes, that's the latest.

Would you mind following the steps in https://github.com/jbrodriguez/controlr-support ?

Thanks for your reply. mmm..something wrong there. when i open a terminal from the menu bar i cant see anything typed.. i have attached a screen capture of the terminal window. i thought it was a theme issue but i have tried various themes and the text is still not visible. the cursor moves as i type but there is no text visible. if i highlight the text its still not visible.

unraid screen capture.png

Screenshot_2020-01-14_11-11-51.png

Edited by darrenyorston
added new image

That's odd, I just tried it and it's working.

Do you think there could be a network issue on your lan ?

Not that I am aware. At the moment its not the major problem. My server has since become completely unresponsive. I rebooted but its now not completing the boot process. Ill get back to you about your app once, if, I can get my server started again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just installed ControlR App for IOS and installed controlR plugin. I have the plugin running and i click on the URL link and it takes me to the login page, I log in and there is nothing listed, no dockers and no vms.  Also I try to add the server on the app and it locates my server but then it jumps back to the main screen on the app and says "no servers available"

I have my port set at 2738 in the plug-in, but when I click on the URL link, it says port 2379. I dont know if that is an issue, I tried changed the port number but I get errors

But now that i restarted my server, im getting a error when trying to login in the URL page (see attached) 

Also, i am unable to locate the log file

Untitled.png

Hi, is it possible you are running Unraid 6.8.2, just curious ?

This issue has surfaced before and it's more common when there's a reverse proxy sitting in front of Unraid (such as letsencrypt for example)

Is that your case ?

As for the app, can you try this ?

- Go to Settings > Open Source Libraries
- After the react native credits, you’ll find a debug button, hit it once (counter should read 1)
- Now try connecting manually (you should see a ‘debug initialized ‘ message at the bottom)
- It should go back to the main screen
- Go to manual add again
- It should be displaying some debug message
- Take a screenshot and send it over

Let me know how it goes

Hi, is it possible you are running Unraid 6.8.2, just curious ?

This issue has surfaced before and it's more common when there's a reverse proxy sitting in front of Unraid (such as letsencrypt for example)

Is that your case ?

As for the app, can you try this ?

- Go to Settings > Open Source Libraries
- After the react native credits, you’ll find a debug button, hit it once (counter should read 1)
- Now try connecting manually (you should see a ‘debug initialized ‘ message at the bottom)
- It should go back to the main screen
- Go to manual add again
- It should be displaying some debug message
- Take a screenshot and send it over

Let me know how it goes

Thank you for responding!

I am actually running 6.8.0       I just realized right now that there is an update for 6.8.2

Do you think that could be the issue?

Attached is the screenshot of the app

IMG_5747.PNG