[Plugin] ControlR

• 1 month later...

On 4/29/2021 at 8:14 PM, jbrodriguez said:

I posted a new version of the plugin a couple of days ago, it was mostly plugin structure changes, no new features or fixes, just to give everyone a heads up on why you're seeing an update :)

The app no longer loads properly for me. Both the app and plugin are full up to date. My phone is on iOS 13.5. It allows me to add my server in the config step but after that, it loads to a white screen. Reinstalling makes no difference nor does toggling dark mode. Can you please help me out?

@jbrodriguez I have a similar issue to @mason1171 my controlR app is on an iphone on ios 14.6 both server plugin and app are updated.

on the app on the phone what im seeing is as follows:

I have 3 servers added to my app i am able to access 2 of them and the 3rd one when clicking on it just automatically crashes the app. additionally opening the 1st server in the list it loads fine and i can use all of the functions. but whats odd is it does not load the banner that the server shows (just and aesthetic issue for this one not a big deal at all).

would making and sending my zip file be helpful. didn't want to give non useful info

UPDATE:

We found the root cause of the issue !!! 🙌

Can't thank enough @Dantheman and Peter (don't have his handle), for the patience and willingness to help me test and troubleshoot.

Thank you !!!!

The root cause is what I had originally thought: Unassigned Devices changed its api in a recent release and that broke the app 😮 😀

I'll be publishing a new release to both stores in the coming hours, although Apple Store generally takes longer to review than Google Store.

I'll post back when they're available.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Upgraded the plugin !

2021-07-04 - 2.23.0

- Implement origin endpoint
- Run npm audit fix
- Fix build
- Switch to yarn
- Add github token

This is in preparation for a new release of the ControlR app, there are some big changes and some deprecations.

I'll remove the permission system from the app and from the plugin.

Here's a sneak peek, although there may have been some changes

Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone 12 Pro Max - 2021-06-20 at 11.51.59.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the strangest issue. I installed ControlR and it just want start. I tell it to, it kind of blips for a second and goes back to the basic settings menu where I can enable it, set its port and so on. Is there a dependency I'm missing?

2021-07-31 15_03_48-Window.png

Edited by DrewT
2 hours ago, DrewT said:

I'm having the strangest issue. I installed ControlR and it just want start. I tell it to, it kind of blips for a second and goes back to the basic settings menu where I can enable it, set its port and so on. Is there a dependency I'm missing?

2021-07-31 15_03_48-Window.png

Hi no dependencies are needed it's a single binary.

Try to run it from the command line

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/controlr/controlr

and report any error it throws

Hi All,

I've experiencing an issue with Controlr since upgrading to 6.9.2, when trying to put the server to sleep I get this message appearing in the logs which is preventing the server going to sleep. Any ideas how to resolve this? 

image.thumb.png.75dfe043653989efc284e25be210f55c.png

I've tried reinstalling the plugin and am using the root user for the app on the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, jbrodriguez said:

Hi,

So Discover doesn't bring up any server ?

I don't support RCs because they may have changes before hitting stable.

I haven't installed the 6.10.x RC myself. I'll try that if time permits.

Discover does find the server, it just doesn’t login. Doesn’t come up with an error like it does if ports or passwords are incorrect, just the circle spinning forever. 
Rolling back and all is ok