Can I add a "Device is disabled, contents emulated" disk back in to the array?

Homerr

You didn't have time to run an extended SMART test, but SMART attributes look OK. You can rebuild to a new disk or to the same disk as already explained in this thread.

Since this happened after you were making hardware changes, you should double check all connections, all disks, SATA and power, including splitters.

• Like 1

@trurl @itimpi is that behavior normal? Wondering about the amount of errors of disk 2. (screen1)

Also the status has change from 

Parity-Sync/Data-Rebuild in progress

to

Read check in progress

Additionally Disk 2 is listed under "Unassigned Devices" 🥺

Edit: Meanwhile it counts 100,444,991 errors (within a hour elapsed) ... that cant be correct - if the hdd was such damaged i wasnt never be able to write/read from it ... . my log ist also 100% full. 

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-24 um 22.05.16.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-24 um 19.52.53.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-24 um 22.01.57.png

Edited by Maddeen

The Read-Check is done with 324839913 failures on disk 2 🤪

Disk 1 still got the red X and Disk 2 is listed under "array" as well as under "unassigned devices".

I attached the new diagnostics. 

For me, all that seems to be a bug or anything else but definitely not representing the "real world" :)

I rebooted my server to see if this is a persistent failure and as I guess - until now - it seems not. 🙌

I started the rebuild as described above again. For now it runs about 30 minutes without any single read failures. 

Hopefully this last for the next 5-6 hours to complete the rebuild. I'll give an update as soon as possible.

v1ew-s0urce-diagnostics-20201025-0818.zip

Edited by Maddeen

Update: The current rebuild runs now for 2,5 hours without any (read) errors.

@JorgeB thanks for that hint. Indeed, both disks are connected with device 06:00.0. See screenshot

I also activated "pcie_acs_override" as the holy Spaceinvader One told me :) 
Is there a way to proof your 
hypothesis? The board is only 3 days old - bought at Amazon - so it's quite easy to get a new one ;-)

And IOMMU is activated in BIOS. 

But I didn't activate "SR-IOV Support" because I'm not sure what this does. 

The little info text doesn't help me either :) 

This option enables or disables Single Root IO Virtualization Support if the system has SR- IOV capable PCIe devices.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-25 um 11.03.16.png

@JorgeB - First the good news - Rebuild was successfully :)

I changed the acs override, rebooted and made a comparision. 

I only see a difference of the USB 3.0 grouping ... and that the GPU-devices are not separated. 

What do you think? Should I leave it as it is? As you see I just need to passthrough my NVMe and my GPU for my gaming VM. 

And what does this say about my problem / your hypothesis?

Thanks again

comparison.png

Hei guys facing similar problems here. Contents are emulated but disabled disk. Its the third time in the row not sure why this is happening, may be because of the disc over heating?
 Can i run -L in this? Disk 6
Also disk 5 is showing some errors in the dashbaord, would like to know what i can do about that too.

tower-diagnostics-20201027-1519.zip

Edited by ThePhotraveller
10 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Replace SATA cable on disk6, go to BIOS and change the onboard SATA from IDE to AHCI, reboot, start array and post new diags.

Its connected to the Dell H310 with a SAS connector and this is the first and only hard disc connected with the 310. 
I dont have any replacement cables available in the local market, should take atleast a week or more. 

And this problem hasn't happened in the same hard drive all 3 times, it was different drive each time. 
I ll check with the bios and change if needed., will post you the details.

Edited by ThePhotraveller