Red X Next To Disk

Compass

reiserfsck --check /dev/md1 is running.....just a thought would it be easier/possible to re-assign Disk 1(which is the old parity) with one of my new 6TB drives(one of which has passed preclear so is ready to be used), rebuild again...run a preclear on the old parity to check it....if ok format it as XFS and use it after that?

reiserfsck --check /dev/md1 is running.....just a thought would it be easier/possible to re-assign Disk 1(which is the old parity) with one of my new 6TB drives(one of which has passed preclear so is ready to be used), rebuild again...run a preclear on the old parity to check it....if ok format it as XFS and use it after that?

Not good, see attached....suggesting I run rebuild tree option

Reiserfs_Check_Output.png.36c257fa44e2f46b3be774558565a7da.png

If I understood what you want to do yes, disk1 will remain as riser on the 6TB and the old parity will be added empty to the array and formated xfs.

I haven't formatted the 6TB drive yet....so I should be able to format that as XFS yes?

Also is the command: reiserfsck --rebuild-tree /dev/md1 or just reiserfsck --rebuild-tree

Any rebuilt disk will keep the old disk's the file system, not possible to change without deleting everything on that disk.

reiserfsck --rebuild-tree /dev/md1

Understood....I'll do the rebuild-tree and see how it goes....thanks again for your help...its much appreciated

I'll rebuild onto the 6TB if it turns out to be a nightmare

reiserfsck --rebuild-tree /dev/md1

Seems to have worked....there is nothing in the lost+found folder either:)

My setup is Disk #/User Share(Eg;Movies Bluray HD)/Movie Title/Movie File+JPG Cover

/Movie Title/Movie File+JPG cover

the only 'issue' is when navigating directly to the user share(not via the disk in windows explorer) some, but not all of the Movie Folders are not displaying the cover jpg..........if I go via the disk# then they show up as they should.

Ive discovered if I remove the jpg, paste it somewhere else then re-paste it back to the Movie folder it works as intended.

All of the affected movies are on Disk 2...

Otherwise running fine so far