mysterious reboots

Hi all,

I am looking for some help diagnosing mysterious reboots of my unraid system.  there is no errors or anything, honestly the only way i know is that my uptime resets.  It is on a fairly new build, so this could be hardware related, config related.  I am just wondering from the experts how i would go about troubleshooting the issue.  Thanks!

First thing I would do is disable the array auto start. That way you know when it happens, and can start to work on a cause. Second thing, I would do a correcting parity check. It is quite likely there are some parity errors caused by the unclean shutdowns, theoretically unraid is supposed to do a correcting parity check when an unclean shutdown is detected, problem is the code to detect that is currently not working well.

To start troubleshooting, I'd install the Fix Common Problems plugin, investigate anything it finds immediately, and turn on the mode that continuously saves the log to the flash drive. That way when it crashes, you will have a log that should capture the moment.

Is your UPS battery in good shape? Sometimes UPS's can get flaky and actually CAUSE issues instead of helping.

Tell us about your hardware.

Post diagnostics.

Use Fix Common Problems plugin in Troubleshooting mode.

See attachment for my diagnostics dump.  PC Partpicker link for hardware listing http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/TZ28HN

I have run the Common problems plugin, only thing it pointed out was update checks of plugins/dockers was not enabled, i remedied that.

I have turned on troubleshooting mode in common problems plugin, will now wait for problem to occur again.

As of right now, not on a UPS yet. The system is just new (still on trial license) and haven't purchased one yet.  Have very stable power and no power issues that have affected anything else in the house. 

That being said, UPS is top of the shopping list. Should have it soon.

diagnostics-20161031-2238.zip