[Support] Linuxserver.io - Resilio Sync

• 3 weeks later...

I need help!

I have installed and used Resilio Sync on Mac and Synology without any issues.

I cannot configure Resilio Sync for UNRAID.

I do not know how and where to add share folders.

When I want to choose a folder to sync, I do not see the list of my share folders, but some other folders I do not recognize (bd_build, bin, boot, config..etc).

When I want to create a new folder, error message states "You do not have permissions to write to this directory".

There is an annoying alert that asks me to update app. Then routes me to https://www.resilio.com/platforms/desktop/ which does NOT list download site for UNRAID.

I have never encountered these difficulties when setting up Sync on Mac or Synology. This is frustrating.

Does anyone know how to set up Resilio sync so that I can normally select shares to sync with???

Below are screen shots.

Sync 0.jpg

Sync 1.jpg

sync 2.jpg

sync 3.jpg

sync 4.jpg

It's been a bit since I've installed the docker, but it looks from your screenshot that you're missing some configuration options. Here's what mine looks like. "Host Path 2" is what shares I'm syncing. In my case I passed through /mnt because I'm syncing disk-to-disk between two Unraid systems.

EDIT: I see you're actually using the Resilio from the limetech repository, I'm using Linuxserver's repo. Not sure what settings to use or not use on the Limetech version.

Capture.JPG

Edited by master.h

Hi, 

I configured Resiolio-sync, and it's running

NEW ISSUE!

- My docker image filled up to 93% (from 20GB of total space)

When going to Docker-->Container Size, it shows:

Name           Container .   Wrtiable      Log

resilio-sync .  122 MB        302 kB        15.3 GB

It's clear Resiolio-sync is filling up my docker image with log files.

How do I flush (clear) log files?

How do I prevent this from happening again?

thanks.

I can't remember off the top of my head how to clear logs, I think you can force an update on the docker and it'll wipe all the logs. To prevent it you can add this to the "extra parameters" field week you're editing the docker with the advanced settings button turned on. It will limit your max log size to 50 megabytes

--log-opt max-size=50m

1 hour ago, emod said:

Hi, 

I configured Resiolio-sync, and it's running

NEW ISSUE!

- My docker image filled up to 93% (from 20GB of total space)

When going to Docker-->Container Size, it shows:

Name           Container .   Wrtiable      Log

resilio-sync .  122 MB        302 kB        15.3 GB

It's clear Resiolio-sync is filling up my docker image with log files.

How do I flush (clear) log files?

How do I prevent this from happening again?

thanks.

I had the same issue with resilio sync. If you follow the first post on this page it will help you delete the logs from resilio sync then follow what master.h mentioned to keep the logs from getting crazy in size. 

On 6/27/2019 at 4:57 PM, master.h said:

It's been a bit since I've installed the docker, but it looks from your screenshot that you're missing some configuration options. Here's what mine looks like. "Host Path 2" is what shares I'm syncing. In my case I passed through /mnt because I'm syncing disk-to-disk between two Unraid systems.

EDIT: I see you're actually using the Resilio from the limetech repository, I'm using Linuxserver's repo. Not sure what settings to use or not use on the Limetech version.

Capture.JPG

Thanks.

I deinstalled Resilio-sync and my docker image went down significantly. It's normal now. I want to reinstall Resilio Sync from linux repository (and not from NOT limeware repository via CA )

This is dumb question, but I've never done this before.

How do I pull linux/resilio-sync image to my unraid?

I see image is on:

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/resilio-sync/

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-resilio-sync

What do I do in UNRAID to load this?

In UNRAID, I went to DOCKER tab, clicked on "Add Container", then under "Repository: entered above link. The command failed. With both links.

So, how do I do it?

Do I go into terminal window and then enter "docker pull linuxserver/resilio-sync". If that is correct, please tell me in WHICH folder in terminal should I be "sitting in" when I execute the command?

docker1.jpg

docker2.jpg

docker3.jpg

Edited by emod
16 minutes ago, emod said:

How do I pull linux/resilio-sync image to my unraid?

I installed the plugin Community Applications on my server. It will add an "apps" tab to your main Unraid webpage. It's sort of like the iOS app store, or Google Play app store. Search/browse for the docker/plugin you want, and it automatically installs from there. You can download the plugin here: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/38582-plug-in-community-applications/

That's how I install all my dockers. I don't know how to add repos in manually.

Just now, master.h said:

I installed the plugin Community Applications on my server. It will add an "apps" tab to your main Unraid webpage. It's sort of like the iOS app store, or Google Play app store. Search/browse for the docker/plugin you want, and it automatically installs from there. You can download the plugin here: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/38582-plug-in-community-applications/

That's how I install all my dockers. I don't know how to add repos in manually.

Ah, ok. 

I just realized there are TWO docker images in APP tab for Resilio Sync. I installed the one from linux server via APP tab and Community Applications.

Let's see if it works.......and if, with correct /downloads PATH , it doesn't baloon my docker image.

Just for future reference, (and for anyone else that reads this post), forget that the "Docker Repositories" tab ever exists.  You'll never use it if CA is installed.  Unfortunately, for various reasons (none of which make sense to me) that section is part of unRaid's GUI, and I am not in the mood to have CA actually delete it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am trying to reduce the amount of data that is in my docker image as it seems to be filling up. My resilio-sync is taking up 12 GB which is way too much. Not sure why this is happening or what to do to fix it. I have the 

--log-opt max-size=50m --log-opt max-file=1

option in to reduce my log size already. My /sync path is /mnt/user which could be the problem but not sure how to get around this. I have data in /mnt/user/appdata that I want to sync and also /mnt/user/Media I want to sync so if I put any more information in the path I wont be able to get to the other folder

Any advice?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rbronco21 said:

1. Can I set /downloads to /mnt/cache/docker/appdata/resilio-sync/downloads so the temp data goes to the cache drive instead of a user share?

General rule, you can set any path to go anywhere on your array.  PS, just because its a user share doesn't mean that it has to sit on the array.  Nothing is stopping you from creating a cache only user share.

1 hour ago, rbronco21 said:

2. Why does my container always say apply update? I just installed this using CA and only have https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Build/tree/master/unraid-templates/emby in repositories.

You're running 6.7.2  If you install CA Auto Update Applications, it will patch unRaid (whether or not you use the auto update) to reflect a change made at dockerHub that is causing an update to always show as being available.  (Alternatively, update to 6.8)

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello - Hope this is the correct thred to post in - also hope someone can help.

I have setup my sync to work and it does. 

When I download an item using UTorrent it sync's the files to the local server (UNRAID) but when I go to delete the files from the unraid box it tells me I dont have permission and wont remove them. When I delete them from the UTorrent server they are then removed from the local UNRAID server. 

What have I got wrong? I though I hadnt applied the correct file rights in the docker, but I cant see anywhere to do this...  Attached is a copy of the settings for the docker. 

Would be nice for files to be deleted on the local UNRAID server to be then deleted on the UTORRENT box. But I cant work out where I have gone wrong. 

sync.PNG

Edited by IKWeb
  • 1 month later...

I've used Resilio way back to sync my data from my primary box to a secondary NAS.

I've recently purchased a SOC motherboard and set up another home NAS to replicate this.

Unfortunately, resilio seems content to sit at around 120mb/s.

If I disable tracker options and set it to use LAN only, it does nothing.

I've tried fiddling with the power user settings, encryption to see if that was the overhead and whatever else I can think of. Any ideas?

Both boxes have dual gigabit NICs and should be able to at least get gigabit for the transfers.

It will get there.. eventually.. of course, but the idea was to turn on the backup box for a few days a month to get synced and to run a parity check and otherwise keep it spun down.

Any suggestions as to where I might be wise to look? They're both set to bridge on the respective docker containers, would host maybe have an impact?

Solved it myself;

Setting the share on the receiving box to forced LAN and changing the docker containers on both sides to host mode proved to drastically increase speed.

Edited by Froberg
Solved.
  • 1 month later...

Morning everyone.

Is there a way to setup sync without giving the container access to my entire server (/mnt/user)

Currently the /sync share needs mapping to this, but i only wish to sync 5 different shares between two servers - Sync really shouldn't need access to everything (not best practice)

52 minutes ago, sdamaged said:

Morning everyone.

Is there a way to setup sync without giving the container access to my entire server (/mnt/user)

Currently the /sync share needs mapping to this, but i only wish to sync 5 different shares between two servers - Sync really shouldn't need access to everything (not best practice)

Just add however many volume mappings you want and specify the specific folders? The default set-up is intended, I believe, for simple 1:1 sync between two folders on two devices, using it to sync multiple locations is outside of normal usage, but should work fine regardless.

Adding the specific volume mappings should make them visible in the UI just fine though.

Hey @Froberg, so i did try that first, and removed the /sync folder.  However the container then won't start, it seems like if it doesn't have the /sync folder mapped, the container won't run.

One would assume that when you start sync and then go to add a share, you would see the folders you had mapped, but it only shows /sync, with no way to move beyond that folder and access the other mappings you made

Sync.JPG

FLAC.JPG

Edited by sdamaged