[Support] Linuxserver.io - Resilio Sync

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, ice pube said:

Having some issues with this docker. I am seeing lots of duplicates under my Devices, which I assume are being created when the docker updates. SInce I can't obviously log into the old docker version to remove it, I can only hide them. 

Any idea what to do here? 

Not based on what you've told us.  Logs? Both container and application?

On 8/13/2017 at 7:07 AM, Kash76 said:

I have added this to extra parameters to help control the sprawl of log files

"--log-opt max-size=50m --log-opt max-file=1"

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I think im having this exact issue. After a few hours i run out of log and docker space causing all my dockers to disappear. Where exactly did you put these parameters? As a variable in the docker gui or in a file on the appdata folder?

Edit:

I found the extra parameter option on the unraid gui by toggling the advanced options.

Edited by Luigi311
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone ever have this seem to eat its configuration? At first I was theorizing that the problem happened during my nightly appdata backup, but I had it happen again with no backup scheduled.   What is happening is I am randomly going to login to the web interface, and it starts acting like its a new configuration and starts prompting to name my server and such.   If I go and recover my appdata folder from a few days previous I can get things back up and running and the syncs start again.

This has happened multiple times, on both of my unraid servers that I am syncing between.

• 1 month later...

I had this setup on my unraid server in the past but I was doing a lot of disk updating so I removed it.  I created a new share to use with this and installed from the apps menu and the only thing I did in the install was select the share as "Host Path 2".  When I try to add a link to create a connection I get a message "Sync Home does not have permission to access this folder."  This looks like there is a problem writing to the share on the unraid server, but I am able to write to it using windows file explorer without any login to the unraid server.  I've looked for rights or permissions settings and cannot find any.  Can someone give my some hints as to what to look for?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

So here is my dilemma (Probably an easy fix, but I am stumped).  I have Resilio on my Unraid server, and it is the main sharing on Resilio.  I have a client (Laptop) that connects and syncs great.  The problem is this.  When I create a folder on the laptop, it syncs to Unraid fine.  But, it only gives permission of drwxr-xr-x.  The problem with this is that when I try to access that folder on another computer via SMB, i am unable to make any changes.  It is only Read Only.  How do I get Resilio to assign 0777 to all folders it writes to unraid?

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...

@poopsie

Same issue, I feel like I should have been able to figure it out, but I can't. I want to be able to sync files from computer 1 to my unraid server (folder mounted /mnt/user/Sync), and access them via SMB from computer 2 at //tower/Sync with a certain user. 

I thought Resilio had a folder-level permissions setting, which would be perfect to just set the folders to the permissions I want, but that doesn't seem to be a thing. 

Next I tried a docker-level mount permissions, which I couldn't figure out either. 

Anyone have a solution for this?

1 minute ago, sup3rb0wlz said:

@poopsie

Same issue, I feel like I should have been able to figure it out, but I can't. I want to be able to sync files from computer 1 to my unraid server (folder mounted /mnt/user/Sync), and access them via SMB from computer 2 at //tower/Sync with a certain user. 

I thought Resilio had a folder-level permissions setting, which would be perfect to just set the folders to the permissions I want, but that doesn't seem to be a thing. 

Next I tried a docker-level mount permissions, which I couldn't figure out either. 

Anyone have a solution for this?

Not a thing.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong, or if you and I are the only ones using Unraid that are trying to do this?  I can't believe it is this rare

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2018 at 1:04 PM, poopsie said:

Not a thing.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong, or if you and I are the only ones using Unraid that are trying to do this?  I can't believe it is this rare

I don't know. But it stinks. It's not a huge deal to me at the moment, but it would be really nice to get working still. 

Can we run the resilio docker as a certain (SMB) user to set the permissions? I'm still unfamiliar with how docker permissions and such work.

9 hours ago, SelfSD said:

@poopsie @sup3rb0wlz

Add a new variable with the key UMASK_SET and the value 0777:

umask.JPG

Edit: Not actually knowing a thing about how umask works, 000 may be the correct setting after reading a few more forum posts.

YOU NAILED IT!!!!!!!!!!!  I tried 0777, and that didn't do it.  I then used 0000, and it works!!  You rock!!!  I owe you a cold one or 12!!!!

Edited by poopsie
  • Like 2

Hello guys, I have a problem with my resilio docker container:

I do not know where the "/root/Resilio Sync" (for the "File Download location") is. As I am scared that it is in the docker.img and I am in the process of backing up slowly a lot of heavy files, I preferred to set a proper folder, on a cache-only share, and map it as "/cache" for the container.

Problem: Each time I restart the docker image, it loses the "/cache" for the

Here are 4 images of my current configuration if it can help

https://imgur.com/a/Uy2wp

?

Edit: This just have been fixed. The docker image now has a "/download" folder. Pretty cool!

Edited by Polopollo
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a method to change some of the settings within resilio sync?  Specifically the advanced power settings.  Sync is set by default to rescan the directories every 10 minutes.  Folder_Rescan_Interval is set to 600 seconds.  Sync allows the change in the menu, then advises to restart to take effect.  Upon restart, all changes revert.  Is there a config file somewhere that we can alter?

Sync is spinning up my drives numerous times per day just to scan.  

1 hour ago, Sniff said:

Is there a method to change some of the settings within resilio sync?  Specifically the advanced power settings.  Sync is set by default to rescan the directories every 10 minutes.  Folder_Rescan_Interval is set to 600 seconds.  Sync allows the change in the menu, then advises to restart to take effect.  Upon restart, all changes revert.  Is there a config file somewhere that we can alter?

Sync is spinning up my drives numerous times per day just to scan.  

My guess is it would be into this file https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-resilio-sync/blob/master/root/defaults/sync.conf

You might wanna open a ticket on the github to be able to access to this configuration option

I did look at that file, but there is very little in there....  I'll try adding the line and see what happens.  

Don't know if it helps or not,,, attached a log.  This one doesn't show the scans, but has a hell of a lot of TCP and UDP requests.... normal?

Sync Log.rtf

Edited by Sniff

My resilio docker has been asking me for a username and password for the last week or so... does anyone know how to turn this off? I haven't set a username or password to my knowledge.

Log attached, there seems to be a lot of red there but I have no idea what it means.

(Secondary goal - is it possible for resilio to backup my phone camera without creating 500 empty folders?)

resilio log.rtf

• 1 month later...