[Plugin] rclone

Waseh

hello - does anyone know how to properly setup local share mounts that can be used within the built-in rclone web UI? I installed the waseh plugin, inserted my config for g-drive mounts (which it correctly sees) but i wasn't sure how i can begin both uploading / downloading files from my rclone g-drive mounts <-> local shares. See screenshot below - when you type "/" it automatically gives a button to open local path, but any combination of /mnt/user/[share] or even /mnt/ doesn't show any folders. I assume I have to give some sort of access but where do i do that?

for reference: i have this script running to access the web UI at http://[LOCALHOST]:5572/#/remoteExplorer

rclone rcd --rc-web-gui --rc-user=admin --rc-pass=admin --rc-serve --rc-addr :5572

image.thumb.png.121ffeb9cd2fe121918d31794f2e040f.png

Edited by Linguafoeda
On 12/22/2021 at 3:26 PM, haleswd said:

Dec 20 03:48:40 Jarvis emhttpd: error: share_luks_status, 5995: Operation not supported (95): getxattr: /mnt/user/dropbox

You shouldn't be mounting anything outside of shares within /mnt/user  Use /mnt/disks/... or /mnt/remotes/... instead

• Like 1

Is piHole running as a container on Unraid?

Generally, I do not recommend using piHole (especially if it's running on the server) to use for your DNS

1. There's zero ads / tracking etc within the OS to begin with
  2. If you stop the array / container you lose access to the internet from the OS
20 hours ago, Squid said:

Is piHole running as a container on Unraid?

Generally, I do not recommend using piHole (especially if it's running on the server) to use for your DNS

1. There's zero ads / tracking etc within the OS to begin with
  2. If you stop the array / container you lose access to the internet from the OS

It is running on a separate device, but given your feedback I will change to cloudflare or openDNS.

Thanks for your help.

@Luciano200x

The plugin probably didn't install correctly. Try removing it and adding it again and check the install popup for errors. Most likely you are blocking the download from the rclone website somewhere (firewall, pihole)

I seem to have introduced an error in the plugin where it doesn't correctly remove all packages on a failed install giving the impression that the plugin installed correctly when in fact it didn't.

I'll fix it first time I get a chance

Edited by Waseh
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have 6 OneDrive shares all encrypted, and because of that the config file seems to large to paste it in the plugin "Edit config" UI.

Is there another way to import my config file ? In this GUI, can I link a config file that I put somewhere else on the server ? 

Thank you for your help.

Edit: I edited the .config in that location with nano: /boot/config/plugins/rclone/.rclone.conf

Edited by Olick
Solution
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't really know where to post this, but I'll try here, since it's exclusive to rclone mounts...

Because of some new iPads in the family I had to activate "Enhanced macOS interoperability" in the Unraid SMB settings, since then Windows clients can't rename or delete files on my shared rclone mounts.

Encrypted GDrive mounted with:

rclone mount
    --allow-other \
    --umask 000 \
    --dir-cache-time 1000h \
    --attr-timeout 1000h \
    --log-file=/mnt/cache/rclone/log.txt \
    --log-level INFO \
    --poll-interval 10s \
    --cache-dir=/mnt/cache/rclone \
    --drive-pacer-min-sleep 10ms \
    --drive-pacer-burst 1000 \
    --vfs-cache-mode full \
    --vfs-read-ahead 1G \
    --timeout 1h \
    --rc \
    gcrypt: "/mnt/gcrypt" &

Then in an user share is a symbolic link to that mount.
No problems on the Windows clients with "Enhanced macOS interoperability" deactivated.
With it activated I get "Error 0x80070032: The request is not supported." when trying to delete or edit a file.

No Problems with files that aren't on an rclone mount.

No errors in the rclone log, not even with log-level DEBUG.

No errors in the Unraid system log.

Is there a way to fix this?

Edit:

The problem still exists, but I found a way to get around it in my case.

After figuring out what "Enhanced macOS interoperability" actually does and reading up on vfs_fruit, it was obvious, that this can be changed on a per-share-basis. I don't really understand why Unraid doesn't allow this...

Leaving "Enhanced macOS interoperability" deactivated and putting the vfs_fruit config in the "Samba extra configuration" to only have it active for a single share works.

I just have a new "non-rclone" share for all Apple devices now.

Created a share (named "Apple") and deactivated export in it's settings.

Extra configuration, with "Apple" as public share:

fruit:aapl = yes
fruit:resource = file
fruit:metadata = netatalk
fruit:locking = none
fruit:encoding = native
fruit:nfs_aces = No

[Apple]
vfs objects = catia fruit streams_xattr
path = /mnt/user/Apple
comment = 
browseable = yes
# Public
public = yes
writeable = yes
case sensitive = auto
preserve case = yes
short preserve case = yes

Edited by vesqute
  • Thanks 1
On 12/22/2021 at 3:30 PM, Linguafoeda said:

hello - does anyone know how to properly setup local share mounts that can be used within the built-in rclone web UI? I installed the waseh plugin, inserted my config for g-drive mounts (which it correctly sees) but i wasn't sure how i can begin both uploading / downloading files from my rclone g-drive mounts <-> local shares. See screenshot below - when you type "/" it automatically gives a button to open local path, but any combination of /mnt/user/[share] or even /mnt/ doesn't show any folders. I assume I have to give some sort of access but where do i do that?

for reference: i have this script running to access the web UI at http://[LOCALHOST]:5572/#/remoteExplorer

rclone rcd --rc-web-gui --rc-user=admin --rc-pass=admin --rc-serve --rc-addr :5572

image.thumb.png.121ffeb9cd2fe121918d31794f2e040f.png

Bump

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I need some help.

I set up a rclone instance, cloning all my data to Google Drive. So far it's running flawlessly except for the CPU usage. 

As soon as I hit the "Run in Background" button of the "CA User Scripts" Plugin, my CPU ramps up to nearly constant 100%...

I know that I don't have the best CPU, but 100% does not feel right.

Btw. I can't stop the script by aborting it through the  "CA User Scripts" Plugin. I always have to restart the entire server...

I'm running the following script inside the  "CA User Scripts" Plugin. Much appreciate your Help!

#!/bin/bash
echo GoogleDrive SYNC wurde gestartet:
rclone sync /mnt/user/SOURCE NAS-SYNC: -P --progress-terminal-title --max-transfer=700G --retries 15 --retries-sleep=1800s --transfers=2 --checkers=4
echo GoogleDrive SYNC wurde erfolgreich beendet.

438462877_Bildschirmfoto2022-02-21um17_43_31.thumb.png.d394c67941e8fdb55bc09892823e4cbc.png

Edited by LeoT

I don't know what was wrong... But now everything runs smoothly using the following command:

rclone sync --update --verbose --transfers 10 --checkers 8 --contimeout 60s --timeout 300s --retries 3 --low-level-retries 10 --stats 1s /mnt/user/SOURCE GoogleDrive:Destination

FYI: when adding

--exclude "._*" --exclude ".DS_Store"

rclone stops uploading those random generated files by macOS systems... 

CPU load is totally fine now:

2014981049_Bildschirmfoto2022-02-24um12_47_30.png.b4ddb7df0f97a2c5b4bd2e054d91eb28.png

Edited by LeoT
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I'm using the rclone plugin on unraid and my Google Drive is mounted for my Plex server and my backup plugin.

I'm mounting the rclone drive with this command:

rclone mount --cache-db-path /mnt/user/rclone_cache/rclonedb --cache-chunk-path /mnt/user/rclone_cache/rclonechunk --allow-other gcrypt: /mnt/disks/gcrypt

Everything is working fine but after some times, lets say 1-2 days, the drive will be unaccessible. I can see that every family videos and pictures on the drive show "Unavailable" on Plex. I need to unmount my drive, remount it and restart my Plex container. When I do that i'm good to go for another 1 to 2 days. 

To be honest I don't know where are the logs for that and I would like to know if they exist. Or if someone had this problem, I would like some help. Thank you :)

Edited by Olick

@Waseh can you add a button to the plugin to enable the WebGUI from rclone with maybe a option to set the user, password, port if enabled? I think a lot of people will appreciate that.

The basic command would be:

rclone rcd --rc-web-gui --rc-addr 0.0.0.0:5572 --rc-user USER --rc-pass PASSWORD

If you need any help feel free to contact me, currently I can't make a PR on your repo...

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

@Waseh can you add a button to the plugin to enable the WebGUI from rclone with maybe a option to set the user, password, port if enabled? I think a lot of people will appreciate that.

The basic command would be:

rclone rcd --rc-web-gui --rc-addr 0.0.0.0:5572 --rc-user USER --rc-pass PASSWORD

If you need any help feel free to contact me, currently I can't make a PR on your repo...

I was thinking the same thing. I released a Docker container CA for running rclone's native GUI but I'm hitting some challenges with it for creating a new config -- can't get the backend authentication windows to open in a new tab.

Running rclone as a 1st world service directly on unRAID would be better I think. I was thinking to update this plugin or write a new one to run the gui as a service. 

EDIT: never mind,  I was running a large  rsync script through "community apps user scripts".  This morning I can install rclone without issue.

-----------------

Hi everyone,

I can't install the plugin.  I just get a blank screen. How can I troubleshoot this?

Other apps from community applications install fine.

IBLM7Jc.png

Edited by morglum
solved
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 11:51 AM, IMTheNachoMan said:

Running rclone as a 1st world service directly on unRAID would be better I think. I was thinking to update this plugin or write a new one to run the gui as a service. 

Hi,

are there any news regarding rclone with native GUI?

That would be so cool. 🙂