[Plugin] rclone

Waseh

Is it somehow possible to move the config file to another location (e.g. the encrypted array SSD)?
If I currently restart Unraid without starting the array, the configuration file can be accessed with all sensitive information - I would like to change that.

Sorry if the question has already been asked in the earlier pages.

7 minutes ago, undone said:

Is it somehow possible to move the config file to another location (e.g. the encrypted array SSD)?
If I currently restart Unraid without starting the array, the configuration file can be accessed with all sensitive information - I would like to change that.

Sorry if the question has already been asked in the earlier pages.

You can call rcloneorig instead of rclone and feed it the --config flag like so:

rcloneorig --config

Followed of course by the new path

5 hours ago, Waseh said:

You can call rcloneorig instead of rclone and feed it the --config flag like so:

rcloneorig --config

Followed of course by the new path

Thank you, after a few tries I got it with the following line:

rcloneorig config --config=/mnt/disk1/rclone/rclone.conf

If I understood right, there is now way to replace the standard path "/root/...", so I have to use the line above every time instead of just "rcloneorig config"?

Hi folks, is there some kind of tutorial for mounting a WebDAV share using this plugin? I looked through the initial post, but that info seems out of date and the links are referring to GDrive.

What I want to do: mount my Nextcloud WebDAV folders as writeable for Sonarr/Radarr/rrrrr containers. My Nextcloud already contains all my files and I want to keep it that way.

I installed the user scripts plugin but am totally at a loss as what to enter/do there?

2 hours ago, Mark12 said:

Hi folks, is there some kind of tutorial for mounting a WebDAV share using this plugin? I looked through the initial post, but that info seems out of date and the links are referring to GDrive.

What I want to do: mount my Nextcloud WebDAV folders as writeable for Sonarr/Radarr/rrrrr containers. My Nextcloud already contains all my files and I want to keep it that way.

I installed the user scripts plugin but am totally at a loss as what to enter/do there?

Have you looked at the rclone documentation?

Upon attempting install with Unraid 6.11.1, the install fails with the following output.

plugin: installing: rclone.plg
plugin: downloading: rclone.plg ... 100%
plugin: downloading: rclone.plg ... done
Executing hook script: pre_plugin_checks

+==============================================================================
| Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/rclone/install/rclone-2022.01.20-bundle.txz

Verifying package rclone-2022.01.20-bundle.txz.
Installing package rclone-2022.01.20-bundle.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
Package rclone-2022.01.20-bundle.txz installed.
Connection error - Check firewall or dns settings
Install failed - No binary found
plugin: run failed: /bin/bash
Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks

1 hour ago, kg_wintermute said:

Upon attempting install with Unraid 6.11.1, the install fails with the following output.

plugin: installing: rclone.plg
plugin: downloading: rclone.plg ... 100%
plugin: downloading: rclone.plg ... done
Executing hook script: pre_plugin_checks

| Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/rclone/install/rclone-2022.01.20-bundle.txz

Verifying package rclone-2022.01.20-bundle.txz.
Installing package rclone-2022.01.20-bundle.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
Package rclone-2022.01.20-bundle.txz installed.
Connection error - Check firewall or dns settings
Install failed - No binary found
plugin: run failed: /bin/bash
Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks

So did you try checking your firewall or DNS settings like it says? It can't download the binary from the rclone server.

On 10/7/2022 at 12:15 AM, Waseh said:

I have actually. I don't really now how to use this with this plugin. This just looks like a normal command-line option to me. I am just going to try and get a USB disk attached.

Tired of always messing around with WebDAV and stuff. It just never works as it should, it breaks, it's not supported and you have to jump through hoops to get it to work in the first place. It's to bad Nextcloud does not offer an SMB or NFS share. That would just save a lot of hassle.

I also have the same error in trying to install rclone from waseh repo.

I'm not exactly sure where I should be looking at the firewall / dns settings as every other docker/plugin seems to be working - is this something specific to waseh's repo?

Id me most appreciative of a nudge in the right direction!

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 9.21.00 pm.png

I have this script

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/emhttp/webGui/scripts/notify -e "Unraid Server Notice" -s "OneDrive backup started" -d "Synchronizing Kopia backup to OneDrive" -i "normal"
echo 'OneDrive backup started'

rclone sync /mnt/user/Backup/Kopia onedrive:"/Backup/Kopia"

/usr/local/emhttp/webGui/scripts/notify -e "Unraid Server Notice" -s "OneDrive backup finished" -d "Synchronization completed" -i "normal"
echo 'One Drive backup completed'

I would like to get aditional info via echo so I get it into unraid notification system and them to telegram bot.

If I add a -P in console it look like this

imagen.png.acedd2e29334c2fb92fb3c981d24bcac.png

Is there a way to send this info via echo? to have some input about if it was successful or not.

Maybe creating a log, reading it echo the last lines, and deleting the log?

How all this could look like in a bash script, I don't know how to code it.

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2022 at 4:57 PM, ddrulez said:

Thanks. I read that yesterday but didn`t tried it out.... ^.^;

I am no expert in linux and it`s sometimes hard to follow the suggestions.

Have to wait for 7h now to finish a parity check after double mounting and a forced shutdown....

I will try it out and give a reply here how it turned out.

EDIT:

It´s still not working with 6.10.1 and the added commands :/

rclone mount --uid 98 --gid 99 --max-read-ahead 1024k --vfs-cache-mode full --allow-other dropbox: /mnt/user/unRAID/Dropbox &

root@Server:~# getent group | grep no
nobody:x:98:nobody
nogroup:x:99:

Could you ever get this to work?

I have added the user id of my user --uid 1000 --gid 100 and i got write permission in that folder, that means i can paste files in that folder (even though an error message pops up) but i can't delete or overwrite a file.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having an issue that is breaking Unraid boot, for some reason it fails each boot. In order to fix it, I have to put the USB drive into my main machine and delete/move the rclone directory to allow it to rebuild from scratch on boot;

mv /boot/config/plugins/rclone /boot/config/plugins/rclone.old

(or something to the same effect)

Unraid 6.11.5 and 6.11.1.

I've just re-installed the plugin and will report if that has fixed it as I have a reboot tomorrow to install a new USB PCI-e card.

This screenshot is the broken boot:

rclone_broken_unraid.thumb.png.f5d6c9338d3ede91cfe7478c7ce66271.png

This screenshot is after moving/deleting the `/boot/config/plugins/rclone` directory:

rclone_broken_unraid_fixed.thumb.png.d1bd606d23eea1600c0c23ae6d994a21.png

Permissions of `/boot/config/plugins/rclone`:

rclone_permissions.thumb.png.37aef56e638b9bf59cbb21102d845e7a.png

Edited by unraidyn
1 hour ago, unraidyn said:

Nope, it appears its still broken. Not sure what to do, but this is currently making the server unbootable in its fresh-installed state.

You're having I/O errors on your flash drive. I'd be surprised if this was related to the rclone plugin. Could be a corrupt filesystem or dying flash drive or any other number of things.

But again I don't think this is related to this plugin specifically.

4 hours ago, Waseh said:

You're having I/O errors on your flash drive. I'd be surprised if this was related to the rclone plugin. Could be a corrupt filesystem or dying flash drive or any other number of things.

But again I don't think this is related to this plugin specifically.

Ah right okay, I could swap to a different flash drive, but its behaving absolutely fine otherwise.

What's super weird is no other plugins have this issue, this is the only plugin.

And what makes it weirder, it also doesn't occur if the rclone plugin doesn't already exist on the drive. It downloads and installs just fine.

Is there any file system integrity test or something I can perform on the USB drive?

Running an 'fsck' said the drive was normal and healthy.

Edited by unraidyn

If you want to know something really weird, if I modify the plugin to delete the plugin directory as the first action in the installation script:

if [ -d /boot/config/plugins/rclone ]; then
  rm -rf /boot/config/plugins/rclone
fi;

It works fine. There is something about that specific '/boot/config/plugins/rclone/install/rclone' file that my install really doesn't like.