[Plugin] rclone

Waseh

3 minutes ago, slimshizn said:

Yeah, I have 1.41 installed right now (not latest). It's not showing an update on the plugin page.

Not sure why, I have the plugin and its installed 1.42 for me. Regardless 1.41 has cache support so whatever you're trying, just give it a go?

• Like 1

Had rclone installed for a while. Survived many reboots.

Today it failed to survive a reboot.

In the plugins directory I get

/boot/config/plugins-error/rclone.plg ERROR   

With no other information, I tried viewing the log, nothing.

do I just reinstall it? what?

found out rclone.org is down, so after a reboot, rclone plugin will NOT reinstall....

Edited by Nyghthawk

Is rclone working with unraid 6.5.3?  I cannot get it to install using the plugin URL. Screenshot attached.

I've tried somewhat manually using rclones' "Linux installation from precompiled binary" instructions, but I can't get past the Amazon verification.  Tried using unraid GUI mode, but the link returns an Amazon error page.  Also, rclone never shows under unraid's plugins.

ScreenHunter_42 Jul. 01 18.29.jpg

17 hours ago, curtis-r said:

Also, rclone never shows under unraid's plugins.

Because it didn't install.  Unless you're talking about after a reboot, then with this particular plugin, that is perfectly normal -> It by design does not reinstall it self at boot up.  Install Community Applications (you really should be using that for all add-on installations anyways), and there is a linked post on rclone that details why and the work around.

Besides, troubleshooting plugin installations is easier if CA does or does not install for you.

Installing CA and then rclone through apps did the trick (thanks), but when I try to create the rclone config, when I get to the Amazon authentication, the unraid browser brings me to an amazon page, 'Error Summary: 400 bad request,' plus a bunch of other stuff.  I've tried it with the Client Id & Secret ID blank, and filled-in through the terminal config process.  I've tried manually loginng in to Amazon before the link also.  

Is anybody else using the new vfs mount?  I finally got it working nicely this weekend with a google drive mount - I can't tell the difference 90% of the time in plex whether a file is being played locally or from gd.  I tried the cache mount, but my plex starts were averaging around 30s (around 4s now - same as local files) and I was having problems uploading files.

I'm using a rclone move job to upload files on a schedule to gd and unionfs to merge the gd files and files not yet uploaded, so that plex can always play something.  17TB uploaded so far and no problems.

On 6/23/2018 at 2:38 PM, Squid said:

Whether the side effect of a no-install at boot up time is intended or not, this is how the plugin file is designed.  There are a couple of ways to work around this and still have the plugin install if @Waseh contacts me.

In the meantime, a comment has been placed on rclone and rclone-beta in CA and FCP

@WasehHave you had a chance to contact Squid?  It'd be nice to not need to install the plugin at every boot, which would protect against the situation like last month when the rclone site went down.

15 minutes ago, DZMM said:

Is anybody else using the new vfs mount?  I finally got it working nicely this weekend with a google drive mount - I can't tell the difference 90% of the time in plex whether a file is being played locally or from gd.  I tried the cache mount, but my plex starts were averaging around 30s (around 4s now - same as local files) and I was having problems uploading files.

I'm using a rclone move job to upload files on a schedule to gd and unionfs to merge the gd files and files not yet uploaded, so that plex can always play something.  17TB uploaded so far and no problems.

I actually use PlexGuide to handle my Plex rclone mount and my entire Usenet stack. Works magnificent and I believe it uses vfs

4 minutes ago, Stupifier said:

I actually use PlexGuide to handle my Plex rclone mount and my entire Usenet stack. Works magnificent and I believe it uses vfs

plexguide does look good - I had everything set up already except for rclone, so I went the DIY route.  It's really changed 'overnight' the way I use my storage - I don't think I'll be adding any more HDDs to my system, other than to replace my 'working' drives when they die and even then I think I'll be focussing on bigger SSDs. 

In fact, I've already removed one of my HDDs and most of the others will become pretty redundant soon.

Just now, DZMM said:

plexguide does look good - I had everything set up already except for rclone, so I went the DIY route.  It's really changed 'overnight' the way I use my storage - I don't think I'll be adding any more HDDs to my system, other than to replace my 'working' drives when they die and even then I think I'll be focussing on bigger SSDs. 

In fact, I've already removed one of my HDDs and most of the others will become pretty redundant soon.

Well, my PlexGuide is in a Dedicated Remote Server I rent..... My local UnRAID server still physically holds content too. I can't handle it only living in the cloud, that scares me

Just now, Stupifier said:

Well, my PlexGuide is in a Dedicated Remote Server I rent..... My local UnRAID server still physically holds content too. I can't handle it only living in the cloud, that scares me

How much do you pay for your server and what's the spec?  I might have to go this road in the future if I move to somewhere that doesn't have good upstream bandwidth - at the moment I can handle the download and then upload to remote locations as I have a good upstream, but in the future I might have to 'dedicate' my upstream to loading content onto the dedicated server and not remote streams.

I was nervous about placing so much content in the cloud, particularly after the shitty move ACD made.  But, seeing how much content some people have loaded onto google I'm hoping 'fingers crossed' that google won't do the same!

5 minutes ago, DZMM said:

How much do you pay for your server and what's the spec?  I might have to go this road in the future if I move to somewhere that doesn't have good upstream bandwidth - at the moment I can handle the download and then upload to remote locations as I have a good upstream, but in the future I might have to 'dedicate' my upstream to loading content onto the dedicated server and not remote streams.

I was nervous about placing so much content in the cloud, particularly after the shitty move ACD made.  But, seeing how much content some people have loaded onto google I'm hoping 'fingers crossed' that google won't do the same!

Dedicated

Intel i7-4770

2x SSD 240GB

32GB DDR3

$37/month from Hetzner

If I remember it is up to 30TB/mo Upload and unlimited download. All on 1 gbps line

Yes the server is in Europe and I live in on USA East Coast...but once you configured CloudFlare CDN, there is no issue with Plex speed at all. It's impressive

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stupifier said:

Dedicated

Intel i7-4770

2x SSD 240GB

32GB DDR3

$37/month from Hetzner

If I remember it is up to 30TB/mo Upload and unlimited download. All on 1 gbps line

Yes the server is in Europe and I live in on USA East Coast...but once you configured CloudFlare CDN, there is no issue with Plex speed at all. It's impressive

Thx - that's a good spec.

Two questions here:

1) I have a VFS mounted Gdrive with Rclone on my Unraid. When I transfer from this mount I get about 100-150mbit/sec download (10-15MB/sec). This does not matter if it is to the array, or using my win10 PC (on the same network accessing the shared mount). Tested drag and drop of the two folders, tested with a simple rclone --progress in CLI on the UNRAID and also with Teracopy on the windows machine. 

I had figured this was just the speed I get with GDrive. After talking with others on rclone forums, they get up to 1000mbit (1Gbit) downloads) (950MB/sec). So then i ended up being archaic and installed rclone on my windows 10 machine and mounted directly, by passing UNRAID mount. I used the EXACT same mount options between the two. On my windows rclone mount transferring to a local windows drive, I get speeds of about 200-300mbit/sec (my internet MAX speed which is what I should be getting).

So I had figured something is going on with my UNRAID network. I then installed speedtest on the UNRAID and did several tests, all of which equal to my internets MAX speed. 

I then test another transfer from the rclone mount, and sure enough, back to the 100-150mbit/sec (half of my max). 

At this point I think there is something funny going on with either 1) my mount/rclone 2) my network settings.

Can anyone help?

and Qestion #2

On 7/9/2018 at 2:09 PM, Stupifier said:

Dedicated

Intel i7-4770

2x SSD 240GB

32GB DDR3

$37/month from Hetzner

You talk about setting up CloudFlare CDN, as I do plan on having a remote PLEX at some point, do you have a guide for this?

On 7/16/2018 at 2:00 AM, Nyghthawk said:

You talk about setting up CloudFlare CDN, as I do plan on having a remote PLEX at some point, do you have a guide for this?

Guide for setting up CloudFlare CDN. This assumes you have already given your Domain over to CloudFlare to manage.
https://plexguide.com/wikis/cdn-content-delivery-network/

If you haven't given your domain to CloudFlare yet.......here is a sort of guide on that too.

https://plexguide.com/wikis/cloudflare-and-traefik/

3 minutes ago, Stupifier said:

Guide for setting up CloudFlare CDN. This assumes you have already given your Domain over to CloudFlare to manage.
https://plexguide.com/wikis/cdn-content-delivery-network/

If you haven't given your domain to CloudFlare yet.......here is a sort of guide on that too.

https://plexguide.com/wikis/cloudflare-and-traefik/

and if i don't have a domain but just an IP? lol

Trying to setup for Dropbox but for some reason the Dropbox share that is on UNRAID that i'm pointing to won't allow my to change the owner from root. What am I missing below is my startup script. In unraid terminal ls -lart Dropbox is root root and wont allow me to access it from mac or winblowz

ls -lart output

drwxrwxrwx  1 root   root     0 Jul 22 20:57 Dropbox/

Below is my startup Script

#!/bin/bash
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# This script mounts your remote share with the recommended options.         |
# Just define the remote you wish to mount as well as the local mountpoint.  |
# The script will create a folder at the mountpoint                          |
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Local mountpoint
mntpoint="/mnt/user/Dropbox"

# Remote share
remoteshare="dropbox:"

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mkdir -p $mntpoint
rclone mount --max-read-ahead 1024k --allow-other $remoteshare $mntpoint &

Edited by wdelarme
script change
On 2/15/2018 at 11:20 AM, JimB66 said:

I just installed rclone as I get ready to transition away from CrashPlan. It's working great so far, connecting to Backblaze B2. I did notice a minor GUI issue however; the icon on the Settings page seems to be a default icon rather than the rclone one. The icon is correct on the Plugins page.

I saw there was an issue a while ago with the icon size, but since I installed rclone a couple of weeks ago I'm not sure if that's the issue. I have restarted my browser (Firefox) a couple of times since the install (browser & PC updates) with no change. I'm running unRAID 6.4.1.

Thanks for your help,

Jim

Capture_02152018_091000.png

I am also seeing this - is there a fix?