[Plugin] rclone

Waseh

4 hours ago, Waseh said:

The plugin installs the newest version on install so just remove the plugin and install it again. 

So it doesn't come up as an update in my plugins section? No trigger that there is a new version?

And I've just tried uninstalling and installing the beta again and I get this error:

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Waseh/rclone-unraid/beta/plugin/rclone.plg
plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Waseh/rclone-unraid/beta/plugin/rclone.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Waseh/rclone-unraid/beta/plugin/rclone.plg ... done

+==============================================================================
| Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/rclone-beta/install/rclone-2018.08.25-bundle.txz

Verifying package rclone-2018.08.25-bundle.txz.
Installing package rclone-2018.08.25-bundle.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
Package rclone-2018.08.25-bundle.txz installed.
Downloading rclone
Downloading certs
Download failed - No existing archive found - Try again later
plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

Any idea what this means?

EDIT: I seem others have had this problem aswell. I've removed the plugin folders, rebooted several times. Tried the rclone stable as the rclone beta. All give this error. I can ping 8.8.8.8 fine, but 1.1.1.1 fails. Maybe it's down? And I also did the curl to ping the download page, also succeeded.

So I don't know what to do anymore. Hopefully this can be fixed soon, as I can't access my cloud data now.

EDIT 2: It's my Pfsense box which has PFblockerNG which blocks 1.1.1.1. Currently finding a solution. Will report later with solution.

EDIT 3: Changed DNS resolver to DNS forwarder. This fixed it. Then I changed it back to DNS resolver and reinstalled PfblockerNG. Think my Pfsense setup was corrupted. For now it's working.

Edited by Kaizac
Tested a bit more
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Thx for the great plugin.  I got a question.

Is there a way to optimize my script to be able to play faster on plex.

I use the crypt option also.

My problem is that it's always very slow to load the first time.

Is there something i can change ?

Mount script :

mkdir -p $mntpoint
 rclone mount --max-read-ahead 1024k --allow-other $remoteshare $mntpoint &

THx

4 hours ago, francrouge said:

Hi all,

Thx for the great plugin.  I got a question.

Is there a way to optimize my script to be able to play faster on plex.

I use the crypt option also.

My problem is that it's always very slow to load the first time.

Is there something i can change ?

Mount script :

mkdir -p $mntpoint
 rclone mount --max-read-ahead 1024k --allow-other $remoteshare $mntpoint &

THx

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All

Looking for some noobie guidance on Google Photos and rclone

Been running my UNRAID server for sometime and push all of my photos to the server from all my mobiole devices and cameras.  Approximately 60K now 

I was using google photo backup and now switched to google backup and sync on a windows pc to sync my unraid photos to google photos.  I do not use drive here

I would like to setup rclone to do this task for me on my unraid server.  Have no interest in google photos to UNRAID just UNRAID to Google photos and never want to delete photos on UNRAID

Any help appreciated I have installed rclone 

Thanks

Hello All

Been running my UNRAID server for sometime and push all of my photos to the server from all my mobiole devices and cameras.  Approximately 60K now 

I was using google photo backup and now switched to google backup and sync on a windows pc to sync my unraid photos to google photos.  I do not use drive here

I would like to setup rclone to do this task for me on my unraid server.  Have no interest in google photos to UNRAID just UNRAID to Google photos and never want to delete photos on UNRAID

Thanks

If I understand correctly, you want to use rclone to copy photos from UNRAID to.....where exactly? rclone supports Google Drive and Google Cloud Storage as destinations.....those are the only Google-related destinations rclone supports.
On 12/5/2018 at 9:00 PM, Kaizac said:

So it doesn't come up as an update in my plugins section? No trigger that there is a new version?

And I've just tried uninstalling and installing the beta again and I get this error:

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Waseh/rclone-unraid/beta/plugin/rclone.plg
plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Waseh/rclone-unraid/beta/plugin/rclone.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Waseh/rclone-unraid/beta/plugin/rclone.plg ... done

| Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/rclone-beta/install/rclone-2018.08.25-bundle.txz

Verifying package rclone-2018.08.25-bundle.txz.
Installing package rclone-2018.08.25-bundle.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
Package rclone-2018.08.25-bundle.txz installed.
Downloading rclone
Downloading certs
Download failed - No existing archive found - Try again later
plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

Any idea what this means?

EDIT: I seem others have had this problem aswell. I've removed the plugin folders, rebooted several times. Tried the rclone stable as the rclone beta. All give this error. I can ping 8.8.8.8 fine, but 1.1.1.1 fails. Maybe it's down? And I also did the curl to ping the download page, also succeeded.

So I don't know what to do anymore. Hopefully this can be fixed soon, as I can't access my cloud data now.

EDIT 2: It's my Pfsense box which has PFblockerNG which blocks 1.1.1.1. Currently finding a solution. Will report later with solution.

EDIT 3: Changed DNS resolver to DNS forwarder. This fixed it. Then I changed it back to DNS resolver and reinstalled PfblockerNG. Think my Pfsense setup was corrupted. For now it's working.

I also still have this problem. I turned my firewall off completely. I can ping 1.1.1.1 and google without any problems. I tried deleting the plugin files in the boot directory rebooting several times.

I can't get it installed.

Is there a way to manualy install plugins?

12 minutes ago, Waseh said:

@Heciruam
What happens if you run:

curl --connect-timeout 5 --retry 3 --retry-delay 2 --retry-max-time 30 -o /boot/config/plugins/rclone/install/rclone-current.zip https://downloads.rclone.org/rclone-current-linux-amd64.zip

root@Tower:~# curl --connect-timeout 5 --retry 3 --retry-delay 2 --retry-max-time 30 -o /boot/config/plugins/rclone/install/rclone-current.zip https://download.rclone.org/rclone-current-linux-amd64.zip
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:05 --:--:--     0
Warning: Transient problem: timeout Will retry in 2 seconds. 3 retries left.
Warning: Transient problem: timeout Will retry in 2 seconds. 2 retries left.
Warning: Transient problem: timeout Will retry in 2 seconds. 1 retries left.
curl: (28) Resolving timed out after 5000 milliseconds

So I guess I just have to run this throught the terminal?

Well the plugin is doing exactly what it's supposed to. For some reason you can't connect to the rclone website to download the zip. Seems that you can't resolve the domain.

Perhaps try increasing the timeout value and try the command again.

Edited by Waseh
  • Like 1

So I encreased it to 10 and it seemed to have worked:

root@Tower:~# curl --connect-timeout 10 --retry 3 --retry-delay 2 --retry-max-time 30 -o /boot/config/plugins/rclone/install/rclone-current.zip https://downloads.rclone.org/rclone-current-linux-amd64.zip
100 8642k  100 8642k    0     0  1265k      0  0:00:06  0:00:06 --:--:-- 1810k

What do I do now?

Still failed. So I decreased the timeout from 10s and it works down to 6s 😂

root@Tower:~# curl --connect-timeout 10 --retry 3 --retry-delay 2 --retry-max-time 30 -o /boot/config/plugins/rclone/install/rclone-current.zip https://downloads.rclone.org/rclone-current-linux-amd64.zip
100 8642k  100 8642k    0     0  1254k      0  0:00:06  0:00:06 --:--:-- 2042k
root@Tower:~# curl --connect-timeout 8 --retry 3 --retry-delay 2 --retry-max-time 30 -o /boot/config/plugins/rclone/install/rclone-current.zip https://downloads.rclone.org/rclone-current-linux-amd64.zip
100 8642k  100 8642k    0     0  1255k      0  0:00:06  0:00:06 --:--:-- 1952k
root@Tower:~# curl --connect-timeout 7 --retry 3 --retry-delay 2 --retry-max-time 30 -o /boot/config/plugins/rclone/install/rclone-current.zip https://downloads.rclone.org/rclone-current-linux-amd64.zip
100 8642k  100 8642k    0     0  1443k      0  0:00:05  0:00:05 --:--:-- 1995k
root@Tower:~# curl --connect-timeout 6 --retry 3 --retry-delay 2 --retry-max-time 30 -o /boot/config/plugins/rclone/install/rclone-current.zip https://downloads.rclone.org/rclone-current-linux-amd64.zip
100 8642k  100 8642k    0     0  1268k      0  0:00:06  0:00:06 --:--:-- 1985k
root@Tower:~# curl --connect-timeout 5 --retry 3 --retry-delay 2 --retry-max-time 30 -o /boot/config/plugins/rclone/install/rclone-current.zip https://downloads.rclone.org/rclone-current-linux-amd64.zip
Warning: Transient problem: timeout Will retry in 2 seconds. 3 retries left.
Warning: Transient problem: timeout Will retry in 2 seconds. 2 retries left.
Warning: Transient problem: timeout Will retry in 2 seconds. 1 retries left.
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--

Edited by Heciruam
On 1/5/2019 at 11:21 PM, Stupifier said:
On 1/4/2019 at 5:56 PM, snuffy47 said:
Hello All

Thanks

If I understand correctly, you want to use rclone to copy photos from UNRAID to.....where exactly? rclone supports Google Drive and Google Cloud Storage as destinations.....those are the only Google-related destinations rclone supports.

I was hoping to replace the Google back up and Sync Program and use rclone to sync my UNRAID libary to google photos directly.  My understanding is if I use Google Drive it eats up my storage limit where andything uploaded via google photos directly at a specific quality is unlimited

Thinking this is not possible though :(  Does anyone have any suggestions?

11 minutes ago, snuffy47 said:

I was hoping to replace the Google back up and Sync Program and use rclone to sync my UNRAID libary to google photos directly.  My understanding is if I use Google Drive it eats up my storage limit where andything uploaded via google photos directly at a specific quality is unlimited

Thinking this is not possible though :( Does anyone have any suggestions?

Yaaaa.......its not possible with rclone. rclone only supports the Google Drive space....which you said you have limited space....so....probably not a solution for you.

2 hours ago, Stupifier said:

Yaaaa.......its not possible with rclone. rclone only supports the Google Drive space....which you said you have limited space....so....probably not a solution for you.

:(

I am not in any means smart enough to help in development but in my efforts to find a solution I came across that Google has released an API for Google photo recently

There is also a rclone issue related to it so maybe soon my troubles will be solved by u great coders

https://github.com/ncw/rclone/issues/369

thx

On 1/9/2019 at 5:11 PM, Waseh said:

Humor me a bit and try running it again with 5. 

If that still gives you an error I'll update the plugin with a more lax timeout 

I managed to modify the .plg file myself with the increased timeout. So it installs fine.

I would like to switch to the beta-version. Where can I find the .plg for that?

Thank you.

Edited by Heciruam

Trying to have unraid back up to a NAS(1 drive) Anyways I told it to exclude Older video which is my blue iris NVR.  However I show its coping the files anyways.

Script:

rclone sync -v /mnt/user/backups/ NAS:adehaan86/unraidbkup/ --exclude "/Older video/**" --exclude "/Work/**"

Screenshot:

image.thumb.png.157baca2b3e2e7de623fb937f3c6771c.png

Edit: I got this script working using the following below:

rclone sync -v /mnt/user/backups/ NAS:adehaan86/unraidbkup/ --exclude "**/Older video/**" --exclude "/Work/**"

Edited by scubieman

Hello

I am using the rclone plugin with stable branch on this version:

rclone v1.45
- os/arch: linux/amd64
- go version: go1.11.2

Everything works great, even mounting GoogleDrive, but the rclone mount command just never returns. The drive does get mounted properly though.

I am using this command to mount:

rclone mount --max-read-ahead 1024k GDrive: /mnt/disks/gdrive

51 minutes ago, sasjafor said:

Hello

I am using the rclone plugin with stable branch on this version:

rclone v1.45
- os/arch: linux/amd64
- go version: go1.11.2

Everything works great, even mounting GoogleDrive, but the rclone mount command just never returns. The drive does get mounted properly though.

I am using this command to mount:

rclone mount --max-read-ahead 1024k GDrive: /mnt/disks/gdrive

What do you mean with your rclone mount command never returns? You are mounting as a disk, which it is not, so I think this causes problems. I would advice you to mount to /mnt/users/gdrive or /mnt/users/mounts/gdrive if you want to mount multiple locations later on.

2 minutes ago, Kaizac said:

What do you mean with your rclone mount command never returns? You are mounting as a disk, which it is not, so I think this causes problems. I would advice you to mount to /mnt/users/gdrive or /mnt/users/mounts/gdrive if you want to mount multiple locations later on.

If I execute the command in the unRAID webGUI command line window it doesn't return.

As to the location of the mountpoint, Waseh says: 

The local mount point should be inside /mnt/disks/ if you want to share the files with your docker containers.

1 minute ago, sasjafor said:

If I execute the command in the unRAID webGUI command line window it doesn't return.

As to the location of the mountpoint, Waseh says: 

You mean it doesn't finish? Try running it from User Scripts and create a script with the mount command and run it in the background. You can check SpaceInvaders video for that if you want some visual guidance.

For the location I don't know if and why Waseh said that, but it's not true. I'm mounting in /mnt/user/ and all my dockers are writing and reading from the mount.

For more efficient mounting of Gdrive check this topic, maybe it helps you understand it better.