[Support] Linuxserver.io - SWAG - Secure Web Application Gateway (Nginx/PHP/Certbot/Fail2ban)

10 hours ago, bigmak said:

To add this variable to a docker container, do the following.

• Edit the container
  • Switch view to advanced at top right
  • In "extra parameters", add the following text: 

-e MAXMINDDB_LICENSE_KEY=[type key here, no brackets]
  • The "-e" means it's an environment variable
  • The next thing after that is the name of the variable
  • Value of variable is then set to the right.

I'm also really new to Docker containers and have been figuring this out on the fly.

9 hours ago, saarg said:

Or you can just click the Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device at the bottom of the template and choose variable and fill out the fields.

This looks good to me, I'll give it a go, cheers

On 6/7/2020 at 10:28 AM, Danietech said:

To do list:

Method of attack 1 : copy your program you are about to edit so you can revert if it goes wrong

Method of attack 2: use a good text editor when editing and saving your program files.

if you notice that in the program that you are editoring it differs i.e the colour differences in the text from the tutorail examples you have already watched, it can give some indicators where you have entered the incorrect syntax command information.

Text editors if you have not already source them are; textmate(Mac) and notepad++(Windows)

Basic checks, are the correct spaces and characters used in your commands making your syntax 100% - rule of thumb check check check again

Note: if your subdomain is your own have you given enough time for your domain provider to setup your CNAME ( without this knowlegde you can send yourself mad wondering why its not working when a little coffee time is needed, upto 24-hours sometimes) " even if the DNS pings back to your IP 🙂 "

if you are not able to open the docker locally its time to check through your IP and ports, are all your IPs aligned with the custom proxy for example;

custom proxynet ip range 192.168.1.100 - 200;

The dockers will have to be on the custom docker so they can be seen by each other

Nextcloud should be on 192.168.1.101

Letsencrypt should on 192.168.1.102

For the must part I am guessing at your issues but these are some of the things that catch me out, saying that its nice to get a fresh pair of eyes from one noob to another, it would be more helpful if you put your program example on line and it could be spotted by others, its the stuff between the lines that catches out the up and coming and even the efficenardos. 

Thanks for your reply.

I think I getting closer to the problem, now the problem is "only" that i can't get to the nextcloud DDNS adress from internally network, i think it's maybee a dns record there is needed, but I use ISP router, and cant set dns records in that device, is der any answer to that ?

46 minutes ago, WoooW said:

now the problem is "only" that i can't get to the nextcloud DDNS adress from internally network, i think it's maybee a dns record there is needed, but I use ISP router, and cant set dns records in that device, is der any answer to that ?

Research "nat loopback hairpinning reflection" and see if your router can support it. If you can't get your router to cooperate, the best answer I can think of is a manual hosts entry in each effected device.

Hi everyone,

I had originally set up this docker with spaceinvaderone's video, but I recently moved to cloudflare. I had everything working but would get errors in my docker log for letsencrypt so I decided to try and fix it. I think I have everything working good now, I have my CNAME's set to DNS only on cloudflare, and I have my cloudflare credentials set up in my cloudflare.ini with validation set to dNS/cloudflare. I get server ready when launching the docker. 

I can access my sites at home and on wifi, but I can't access it when on my phone over cellular. When I connect to a VPN on my phone it loads up fine, not sure if that's an ATT issue or something on the servers end? I also don't have any stats coming through on cloudflare anymore. Is this because I don't have the CNAME's set as proxied anymore? Or is something set up incorrectly? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, first I'd like to thank you for all great work and support of this docker.
I use 7 Dockers to access it from Wan perfect.

Now I try to setup Rocketchat docker bit I can't find the Rocketchat.subdomain.conf file in the folder in Let'sencrypt.

Is it possible to use another Subdomain.conf file and just to change the name to Rocketchat or please give me some advice.

Sorry,i haven't very good skils in this.

Thank you, very much.

Screenshot_20200609-225657_Firefox.jpg

7 hours ago, Vesko said:

Hi, first I'd like to thank you for all great work and support of this docker.
I use 7 Dockers to access it from Wan perfect.

Now I try to setup Rocketchat docker bit I can't find the Rocketchat.subdomain.conf file in the folder in Let'sencrypt.

Is it possible to use another Subdomain.conf file and just to change the name to Rocketchat or please give me some advice.

Sorry,i haven't very good skils in this.

Thank you, very much.

Screenshot_20200609-225657_Firefox.jpg

Sure, you can copy another one and modify as needed

3 hours ago, aptalca said:

Sure, you can copy another one and modify as needed

Thank you.

I created conf. and the let's encrypt start with Server ready no errors.

Then I edit MongoDB and Rocket.chat network type I put them like all on Proxynet and everything broke I get errors in both containers in Logs and they can't start anymore.Then I put them back on Bridge but still broken logs.I delete them and give up.😃

I will wait someone one day to make a good tutorial for Rocketchat .

Thank you for the fast answer and great work.👍

Im trying to setup the reverse proxy using duckdns as the go between. I have the linuxserver/duckdns updating my ip address and am using my own domain with multiple subdomains for emby/sonarr/radarr (all LS.IO dockers). Unfortunately, after following SpaceInvaderOne's video, I can successfully get the url to follow to the duckdns server but it wont go any further to the host or container just the duckdns waiting page.

What should i be checking to see why it is not forwarding on?

Hello, i have set up lets encrypt and I believe it is work as intended, However, now sonarr, and radarr are not working. The only thing I have done was create the reverse proxy. I am sorry if i am not providing the correct information or asking the question in the wrong forum but I figured i woud start here as the lets encrypt was the last docker i created when the trouble began. I am hoping its an easy fix, but i cant figure it out. I have been working on it for 12 hours and no luck yet.

Here are the logs from sonarr..

2020-06-12 17:34:37,598 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
[Error] SceneMappingService: Failed to Update Scene Mappings

[v2.0.0.5344] System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused): 'http://services.sonarr.tv/v1/scenemapping' ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused) ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused
at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncResult.CheckIfThrowDelayedException () [0x0003b] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net.Sockets/SocketAsyncResult.cs:134
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x0002c] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net.Sockets/Socket.cs:1222
at System.Net.Sockets.SocketTaskExtensions+<>c.<ConnectAsync>b__2_1 (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net.Sockets/SocketTaskExtensions.cs:36
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[TResult].FromAsyncCoreLogic (System.IAsyncResult iar, System.Func`2[T,TResult] endFunction, System.Action`1[T] endAction, System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult] promise, System.Boolean requiresSynchronization) [0x00019] in /build/mono/src/mono/external/corert/src/System.Private.CoreLib/src/System/Threading/Tasks/FutureFactory.cs:538
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Net.WebConnection.Connect (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00151] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebConnection.cs:169
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.WebConnection.Connect (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00217] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebConnection.cs:188
at System.Net.WebConnection.InitConnection (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x000cc] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebConnection.cs:259
at System.Net.WebOperation.Run () [0x00052] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebOperation.cs:268
at System.Net.WebCompletionSource`1[T].WaitForCompletion () [0x0008e] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebCompletionSource.cs:111
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.RunWithTimeoutWorker[T] (System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult] workerTask, System.Int32 timeout, System.Action abort, System.Func`1[TResult] aborted, System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource cts) [0x000e8] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/HttpWebRequest.cs:956
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x0000f] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/HttpWebRequest.cs:1218

one.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x0011b] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:82
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x001ca] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:113
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000b5] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:53
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookieContainer) [0x0007e] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:121
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00008] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:57
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Get (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00007] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:264
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Get[T] (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00000] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:269
at NzbDrone.Core.DataAugmentation.Scene.SceneMappingProxy.Fetch () [0x0001b] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\DataAugmentation\Scene\SceneMappingProxy.cs:29
at NzbDrone.Core.DataAugmentation.Scene.ServicesProvider.GetSceneMappings () [0x00000] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\DataAugmentation\Scene\ServicesProvider.cs:16
at NzbDrone.Core.DataAugmentation.Scene.SceneMappingService.UpdateMappings () [0x00028] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\DataAugmentation\Scene\SceneMappingService.cs:152

2020-06-12 17:41:07,509 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
[Info] RssSyncService: Starting RSS Sync

2020-06-12 17:41:07,525 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
[Warn] Newznab: Drunk Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused): 'https://drunkenslug.com/api?t=caps&apikey=12f0ac68ce865a179d14e3e8bd6d64da'

2020-06-12 17:41:07,529 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
[Warn] Newznab: geek Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused): 'https://api.nzbgeek.info/api?t=caps&apikey=9590413654140'

2020-06-12 17:41:07,531 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
[Info] DownloadDecisionMaker: No results found

2020-06-12 17:41:07,532 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
[Info] RssSyncService: RSS Sync Completed. Reports found: 0, Reports grabbed: 0

2020-06-12 17:56:07,843 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 17:56:07,861 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
[Warn] Newznab: geek Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused): 'https://api.nzbgeek.info/api?t=caps&apikey=9590413654140'

2020-06-12 17:56:07,867 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
[Warn] Newznab: Drunk Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused): 'https://drunkenslug.com/api?t=caps&apikey=12f0ac68ce865a179d14e3e8bd6d64da'

2020-06-12 17:56:07,868 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 17:56:07,869 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 18:11:08,205 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 18:11:08,219 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 18:11:08,223 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 18:11:08,224 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 18:11:08,225 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

please forgive me if I should have posted this in sonarr or radarr forums.

8 hours ago, fast82bird said:

Hello, i have set up lets encrypt and I believe it is work as intended, However, now sonarr, and radarr are not working. The only thing I have done was create the reverse proxy. I am sorry if i am not providing the correct information or asking the question in the wrong forum but I figured i woud start here as the lets encrypt was the last docker i created when the trouble began. I am hoping its an easy fix, but i cant figure it out. I have been working on it for 12 hours and no luck yet.

Here are the logs from sonarr..

2020-06-12 17:34:37,598 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
[Error] SceneMappingService: Failed to Update Scene Mappings

[v2.0.0.5344] System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused): 'http://services.sonarr.tv/v1/scenemapping' ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused) ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused
at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncResult.CheckIfThrowDelayedException () [0x0003b] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net.Sockets/SocketAsyncResult.cs:134
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x0002c] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net.Sockets/Socket.cs:1222
at System.Net.Sockets.SocketTaskExtensions+<>c.<ConnectAsync>b__2_1 (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net.Sockets/SocketTaskExtensions.cs:36
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[TResult].FromAsyncCoreLogic (System.IAsyncResult iar, System.Func`2[T,TResult] endFunction, System.Action`1[T] endAction, System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult] promise, System.Boolean requiresSynchronization) [0x00019] in /build/mono/src/mono/external/corert/src/System.Private.CoreLib/src/System/Threading/Tasks/FutureFactory.cs:538
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Net.WebConnection.Connect (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00151] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebConnection.cs:169
at System.Net.WebConnection.Connect (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00217] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebConnection.cs:188
at System.Net.WebConnection.InitConnection (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x000cc] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebConnection.cs:259
at System.Net.WebOperation.Run () [0x00052] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebOperation.cs:268
at System.Net.WebCompletionSource`1[T].WaitForCompletion () [0x0008e] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebCompletionSource.cs:111
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.RunWithTimeoutWorker[T] (System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult] workerTask, System.Int32 timeout, System.Action abort, System.Func`1[TResult] aborted, System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource cts) [0x000e8] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/HttpWebRequest.cs:956
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x0000f] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/HttpWebRequest.cs:1218

one.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x0011b] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:82
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x001ca] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:113
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000b5] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:53
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookieContainer) [0x0007e] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:121
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00008] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:57
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Get (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00007] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:264
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Get[T] (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00000] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:269
at NzbDrone.Core.DataAugmentation.Scene.SceneMappingProxy.Fetch () [0x0001b] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\DataAugmentation\Scene\SceneMappingProxy.cs:29
at NzbDrone.Core.DataAugmentation.Scene.ServicesProvider.GetSceneMappings () [0x00000] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\DataAugmentation\Scene\ServicesProvider.cs:16
at NzbDrone.Core.DataAugmentation.Scene.SceneMappingService.UpdateMappings () [0x00028] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\DataAugmentation\Scene\SceneMappingService.cs:152

2020-06-12 17:41:07,509 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 17:41:07,525 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 17:41:07,529 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 17:41:07,531 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 17:41:07,532 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 17:56:07,843 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 17:56:07,861 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 17:56:07,867 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 17:56:07,868 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 17:56:07,869 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 18:11:08,205 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 18:11:08,219 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 18:11:08,223 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 18:11:08,224 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2020-06-12 18:11:08,225 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

please forgive me if I should have posted this in sonarr or radarr forums.

1. Please use the code tag when posting logs, as it makes it easier to read.

2. What is the issue? We can't read your mind.

3. You need to post the reverse proxy configs.

4. Is it only an issue when using the reverse proxy or also if you access them using IP? If it happens using the IP, it does not belong in this thread.

5. Revert your changes. Also post exactly what you have done.

18 minutes ago, Snipe3000 said:

I edited the cronjob in my letsencrypt, restarted the container, but the job never went off at the time I set. Is there another trick to get it to run other than waiting till 2:08 in the morning?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish and what did you change?

34 minutes ago, aptalca said:

What exactly are you trying to accomplish and what did you change?

I'm getting errors trying to renew the cert, so as I attempt to fix the problem via the router, I need to test the changes by trying to renew the cert again.

I'm opening up a console in the letsencrypt docker and im editing the root file in crontabs.

I'm changing the last line from  8 2 * * *  to something like 45 20 * * *, I leave the command section as is. I save, restart the docker and wait for the time to come around. But no cronjob starts.

4 hours ago, Snipe3000 said:

I'm getting errors trying to renew the cert, so as I attempt to fix the problem via the router, I need to test the changes by trying to renew the cert again.

I'm opening up a console in the letsencrypt docker and im editing the root file in crontabs.

I'm changing the last line from  8 2 * * *  to something like 45 20 * * *, I leave the command section as is. I save, restart the docker and wait for the time to come around. But no cronjob starts.

Why not set the staging variable to true, then change something, like adding a subdomain, and start the container. Then you can test it as it does a test of creating a certificate, but doesn't really create it. You also don't get ratelimited.

12 hours ago, Snipe3000 said:

Don't run commands manually inside the container.

Crontab is in the config folder. Edit that

On 6/13/2020 at 2:43 AM, saarg said:

1. Please use the code tag when posting logs, as it makes it easier to read.

2. What is the issue? We can't read your mind.

3. You need to post the reverse proxy configs.

4. Is it only an issue when using the reverse proxy or also if you access them using IP? If it happens using the IP, it does not belong in this thread.

5. Revert your changes. Also post exactly what you have done.

Thanks for replying. Sorry for all my noob mistakes. I went camping/floating over the weekend and I am just getting back to life today. My issue has been resolved. My problem occurred because I stopped delugevpn. I didn’t realize I needed it to continuously run even though i am only going to use nzbget. I really appreciate you trying to help and thank you for the corrections to my noob mistakes. I am sure I will be posting for help sometime in the future.  You guys are great. 

I'm trying to get a subdomain reverse proxy working for airsonic...  all of my other apps work fine but I get 400 Bad Request errors with airsonic.  The CONTEXT_PATH in the airsonic container was originally /airsonic so I removed that but maybe I screwed something up there?  Hopefully someone can help!

My site-confs default has:

server {
	listen 443 ssl;

root /config/www;
	index index.html index.htm index.php;

server_name music.mydomain.ca;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
		include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
		proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto https;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $http_host;
        proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
        proxy_max_temp_file_size 0;
		proxy_pass http://192.168.1.10:4040/;
		proxy_redirect http:// https://;
	}

}

On 10/2/2018 at 10:35 PM, FlorinB said:

EdgeRouterX working GUI behind NGINX Reverse Proxy.

In case there is anyone else interested into this I have found the solution.

Here my config:

#Ubiquiti EdgeRouter-X Reverse Proxy
#Source: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeRouter/Access-Edgemax-gui-via-nginx-reverse-proxy-websocket-problem/td-p/1544354
#Adapded by Florin Butoi for docker linuxserver/letsencrypt on 02 Oct 2018

server {
        listen 80;
        server_name edgex.*;
        return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
}

upstream erl {
        server 192.168.22.11:443;
        keepalive 32;
}

server {
        listen 443 ssl http2;
        server_name edgex.*; 
		include /config/nginx/filterhosts.conf;

client_max_body_size 512m;

location / {
                proxy_pass https://erl;
                proxy_http_version 1.1;
                proxy_buffering off;
                proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
                proxy_set_header Connection "Upgrade";
                proxy_set_header Host $host;
                proxy_set_header X-Forward-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
        }
}

#allow from this ip
allow 	212.122.123.124;
#temporary internet ip on my router
allow	178.112.221.111;
#deny all others
deny   	all;

Great work, i'd like to replicate the same for my Edgerouter 4.

@FlorinB If you still follow this thread, please help me with the below queries.

1. Where exactly on unraid did you save the main configuration file and under what name?

2. The following section makes me think ports 80 and 443 need to be forwarded for this to work? Is this correct?

I can't use these as I have forwarded them already for nextcloud use. Is there any way configuring other ports for edgemax? If so, what modifications I need to make and where?

server {
        listen 80;
        server_name edgex.*;
        return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
}

upstream erl {
        server 192.168.22.11:443;
        keepalive 32;
}

server {
        listen 443 ssl http2;
        server_name edgex.*; 

client_max_body_size 512m;

3. Is the below actually needed?  I want to be able to access edgemax gui from anywhere, not limited by a certain IP range.

I don't have filterhost.conf file in /config/ngnix, Do I need to create one?

#allow from this ip
allow 	212.122.123.124;
#temporary internet ip on my router
allow	178.112.221.111;
#deny all others
deny   	all;

4. Are there any modifications needed on the edgemax side?

5. Are the above modifications enough? Anything else you didn't mention in your original post?

Thanks for help.

5 hours ago, CORNbread said:

I'm trying to get a subdomain reverse proxy working for airsonic...  all of my other apps work fine but I get 400 Bad Request errors with airsonic.  The CONTEXT_PATH in the airsonic container was originally /airsonic so I removed that but maybe I screwed something up there?  Hopefully someone can help!

My site-confs default has:

server {
	listen 443 ssl;

root /config/www;
	index index.html index.htm index.php;

server_name music.mydomain.ca;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
		include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto https;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $http_host;
        proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
        proxy_max_temp_file_size 0;
		proxy_pass http://192.168.1.10:4040/;
		proxy_redirect http:// https://;
	}

}

Why don't you use the preset conf we provide?

Is there a way of setting up letsencrypt/nginx for multiple servers? I have two unraid servers, one running plex and the other one running things like nextcloud etc. I just installed letsencrypt following spaceinvaderone's how-to on YouTube. I would like to use the letsencrypt/nginx to reverseproxy for my plex container as well, even though it's on another server. Is there any way of doing this? I am mainly wondering about how to achieve the custom networking step on my plex server.

2 hours ago, TrondHjertager said:

Is there a way of setting up letsencrypt/nginx for multiple servers? I have two unraid servers, one running plex and the other one running things like nextcloud etc. I just installed letsencrypt following spaceinvaderone's how-to on YouTube. I would like to use the letsencrypt/nginx to reverseproxy for my plex container as well, even though it's on another server. Is there any way of doing this? I am mainly wondering about how to achieve the custom networking step on my plex server.

just use the ip instead dockername as hostname, also the correct port, thats it.