Woken to errors on multiple drives 6.1.9

Hi all,

I've recently had a drive redball which I replaced, then ran a successful parity check, as the attached log should show. I then attempted a pre-clear on the failed drive.

This morning I've woken to find multiple drives showing errors and another (virtually new WD Red drive) marked as failed.

Really not sure what to do from here. As things stand the system is still up and I have resisted doing a reboot.

If anyone who really understands these logs could take a look and let me know what they think I'd be most grateful!

James

tower-syslog-20161108-0601.zip

All disks with issues are on the SASLP, you should shutdown, re-seat controller, check cables and power up again.

The disable disk will remain disable, but you'll be able to see its SMART info, or post new diagnostics, and decide if it looks OK to rebuild on the same disk.

P.S.: The SASLP is working at pcie x1 speed only, this will make rebuilds very slow, there may be a bios settings to change that (possibly disabling other components).

Ok so that worked and as you said the disk remained disabled but the other drives reappeared.

I started the array ok, then stopped it again. Upon trying to start the array back up the web UI hung when mounting disks. The system still pings and I can telnet but I'm not sure how to go about shutting it down now.

If I have to pull the plug I'm sure it will want to try a parity check on restart which can only be bad if a disk is disabled?