Safari crashed after entering unRAID account/password

Today I downloaded the latest Safari for Windows 7 from Apples site. Soon after entering the unRAID username/password combination (and hitting enter) Safari died here. The Link I entered was "http://Tower/" (without the quotes).

So I did a test with my iPhone. Safari crashed here too (never tried that before).

I removed Safari immediately but would like to bring this up.

Is this a known problem?

Regards

Harald

Try with Google Chrome. Both Safari and Chrome use the same engine, if they both crash it's probably webkit and maybe something can be done to work around the problem in unRAID. If not, then it's just something wrong with safari. In that case just use a better browser. Safari isn't the greatest.

Try Firefox, that's what I've been using on my macbook with no problems.

As I wrote - I'm on Windows and iPhone currently.

Changing the browser is no option for me. Firefox won't run on iPhone (or iPad later this year). I shutdown my two unRAID server manually every evening so the iPhone/iPad would be an excellent solution ...

Regards

Harald

I'm on 4.5.1 too. In an older thread I found that I need to copy an empty CSS file to the stick. Limetech wrote in this thread that this would be fixed in one of the 4.5 betas. Hmm, for me this is not working (I never created this CSS file).

I'm on Windows 7 latest release and on unRAID 4.5.1. The Safari browser for Windows was loaded just two days ago. The iPhone OS is on the latest release too.

Regards

Harald

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smnas

Yeah I posted a new thread about this with realizing this thread existed, no good it doesn't work. Hopefully a future iPhone F/W or unRAID OS resolves this, Thanks.