Default network config?

haabilo

I had some problems accessing my VMs under UnRaid and after some googling around I found that you have to have to change some network settings to be able to access them.

So I changed the settings, added network bridge and configured a static ip, but after applying settings I couldn't access my network shares and the WebGUI would not reconnect.

So I wonder if I could just plug a "default" config file (that I could not find anywhere) on the flash stick and 'fix' it. Any help would be appreciated. :)

How are you trying to access the WEB GUI? - as you have changed the the IP to static (was it the same IP address you had before?) the computers you are using might be looking in the wrong place. Have you tried accessing the WEB Gui with the new static IP?

Yes, I have. When trying to refresh the page the browser, it gives out a cached version(?). Connecting to the newly set IP it just gives out "site not found".

To restore default network configuration delete these two files and reboot:

/boot/config/network.cfg (i.e. the file network.cfg in the config folder of your flash device)

/boot/config/network-rules.cfg (i.e. the file network-rules.cfg in the same folder)

My flash drive didn't have a network-rules.cfg file on it. I deleted the network.cfg and rebooted, however it did not help (no shares nor WebGUI). I'm kinda baffled how that didn't help it...

Is your server booting fully? Do you have a keyboard and monitor attached? Type

diagnostics

at the prompt and attach the resulting file to your next post. You'll find it in the logs folder of your flash device.

EDIT: Not everyone has a network-rules.cfg file. It's created if it's needed.

I typed diagnostics into the prompt (yes, the server boots fully and has a k/b attached), it said something like "boot/logs/something.zip" created, but there is not even a logs directory on the flash drive.

Should I try to retry? Also, when I look into the config -folder, there is no network.cfg file. (It hasn't been generated?)

I typed diagnostics into the prompt (yes, the server boots fully and has a k/b attached), it said something like "boot/logs/something.zip" created, but there is not even a logs directory on the flash drive.

Sounds like a possible problem with the flash drive. Try doing a disk check on it in another computer.

There was a problem with the flash drive, windows fixed it and now I have logs, I assume it is the syslog.txt inside the zip/logs -folder (attached).

Still no network.cfg file in the config folder though...

syslog.txt

Post the complete diagnostics.zip file, but make sure it's relevant to the problem first. Your syslog shows that your Ethernet connection is working and receiving an IP address from your DHCP server:

Nov 11 08:54:24 media-pc dhcpcd[1383]: br0: soliciting a DHCP lease

Nov 11 08:54:24 media-pc dhcpcd[1383]: br0: offered 192.168.137.196 from 192.168.137.1

Nov 11 08:54:24 media-pc dhcpcd[1383]: br0: leased 192.168.137.196 for 604800 seconds

Nov 11 08:54:24 media-pc dhcpcd[1383]: br0: adding route to 192.168.137.0/24

Nov 11 08:54:24 media-pc dhcpcd[1383]: br0: adding default route via 192.168.137.1

However, at the time you grabbed the diagnostics you hadn't tried to start any VMs, which makes it impossible to diagnose your original problem.

Post the complete diagnostics.zip file, but make sure it's relevant to the problem first. Your syslog shows that your Ethernet connection is working and receiving an IP address from your DHCP server:

Nov 11 08:54:24 media-pc dhcpcd[1383]: br0: soliciting a DHCP lease

Nov 11 08:54:24 media-pc dhcpcd[1383]: br0: offered 192.168.137.196 from 192.168.137.1

Nov 11 08:54:24 media-pc dhcpcd[1383]: br0: leased 192.168.137.196 for 604800 seconds

Nov 11 08:54:24 media-pc dhcpcd[1383]: br0: adding route to 192.168.137.0/24

Nov 11 08:54:24 media-pc dhcpcd[1383]: br0: adding default route via 192.168.137.1

However, at the time you grabbed the diagnostics you hadn't tried to start any VMs, which makes it impossible to diagnose your original problem.

The problem is not not being able to connect to the VMs, I can't connect thorugh the WebGUI and I can't configure anything.

I attached the whole .zip -file now.

media-pc-diagnostics-20161111-0915.zip

The problem is not not being able to connect to the VMs, I can't connect thorugh the WebGUI and I can't configure anything.

You didn't say that that was the current state of your problem and it's impossible to guess. Just to confirm, if you point your bowser at 192.168.137.196, what do you get? Can you ping that address?

Perhaps your corrupted flash drive wasn't successfully repaired and it might well be worth starting again. User shares will be detected by the fact that the folders exist in the roots of the individual disks, but permissions will have to be reapplied. Take a snapshot of your disk allocations and make sure you have your registration key safe before you start over.