Job Opportunity - Need someone to help build a docker for GoodSync

7 hours ago, mbc0 said:

At the end of the day, Goodsync is the only option I have found that works 100% (for me) and I would love a docker for this but until then it works perfectly in a VM, just a waste having a VM purely for GoodSync

I am actually using Goodsync, replaced DeltaCopy since it isn't maintained anymore and it quit sending me emails about my jobs.

But I only have it installed on my PC. It does nightly backups (one-way sync) of documents and other personal files to my Unraid server. As for backing up my server, I am currently just doing an rsync script of the important shares to externals for storage offsite.

What advantage would there be for me to have GoodSync on my Unraid server? That docker I linked before should work fine on Unraid but I haven't bothered to figure out how to set it up yet since I don't know why I need it.

10 minutes ago, trurl said:

I am actually using Goodsync, replaced DeltaCopy since it isn't maintained anymore and it quit sending me emails about my jobs.

But I only have it installed on my PC. It does nightly backups (one-way sync) of documents and other personal files to my Unraid server. As for backing up my server, I am currently just doing an rsync script of the important shares to externals for storage offsite.

What advantage would there be for me to have GoodSync on my Unraid server? That docker I linked before should work fine on Unraid but I haven't bothered to figure out how to set it up yet since I don't know why I need it.

I use Goodsync running on my VM to download sonarr & radarr files from my seedbox and also to backup all my files to my Google Drive (Unlimited) I run a WIN10 VM at the moment to run Goodsync but would love to have a GUI Driven docker as this is all the VM does!

So the server and commandline linux is no problem at all. But you wish to have the Windows GUI as a docker?
Does Goodsync works with the Mono framework. I dont think that it makes sence to create a docker with Mono and NoVNC for this.

I would use the server docker and use the commandline or Windows Client for configuration etc.

Cheers

Open GoodSync or GsExplorer on macOS/Windows/Mobile, enter credentials for GoodSync Connect - all containers/servers running under this account should be visible and allow file transfer and sync.

So that was my understanding that you can control every instance with the client.
Maybe you give it a try, I hope I did understand it corretly.
If server/client is not your style maybe try gscp but thats no GUI 😞 https://www.goodsync.com/for-linux

No it's the Server gui connect to gs connect and the Windows Client as well you should than see the Server in the Windows Client and setup New Backups from it. Thats my Info. 

The other possibility is to use a docker with gs command line and create a Backup there but this is advanced 

Cheers 

• 1 year later...

So, I didn't realize this before but this docker also has the CLI client, not just Connect. That's what I really need. For those that want a gui, there might be a way to use the Windows version, make your jobs and such, export them, and import into the Linux client. I'll be messing with that soon.

On 3/1/2019 at 10:41 PM, JoeUnraidUser said:

I currently use this docker and it runs great but it doesn't have a GUI.  It's the GoodSync Connect Linux server.  It does have a web interface to configure the server.  I'm note sure if you can setup jobs using the command line.  I haven't tried it yet.

I've been using the GSDocker using Goodsync connect.  Its been flawless and has not had any problems with Goodsync updates so either its very well designed and kept up to date, or the GoodSync Connect protocol isn't changing.  I use GoodSync on Windows 10.  Works really well...

On 7/16/2020 at 6:25 AM, jeffreywhunter said:

I've been using the GSDocker using Goodsync connect.  Its been flawless and has not had any problems with Goodsync updates so either its very well designed and kept up to date, or the GoodSync Connect protocol isn't changing.  I use GoodSync on Windows 10.  Works really well...

Have you used gsync (not Connect) in the docker? I've been playing with it but the command line options are extensive. I am trying to create my jobs in the Windows version and export them to the docker.

Edited by bobbintb
3 hours ago, bobbintb said:

Have you used gsync (not Connect) in the docker? I've been playing with it but the command line options are extensive. I am trying to create my jobs in the Windows version and export them to the docker.

I do all my scheduling using the Windows Goodsync connecting to the Gsync server (Goodsync sees the Gsync Connect server).

• 1 month later...

The author changed the github, but didn't push to dockerhub to rebuild the image.

After manually updating the container I noticed on 11.3.3.2 (possibly 11+) that for it to register - I needed to create a folder mapping to container path /etc/goodsync/ as it appears the license is mapped here not where it was before.

Rubberbandboy

3 hours ago, Flubster said:

The author changed the github, but didn't push to dockerhub to rebuild the image.

After manually updating the container I noticed on 11.3.3.2 (possibly 11+) that for it to register - I needed to create a folder mapping to container path /etc/goodsync/ as it appears the license is mapped here not where it was before.

Rubberbandboy

So you've successfully updated by manually uninstalling the Docker and Reinstalling from scratch (plus adding the new container path)?

22 hours ago, jeffreywhunter said:

So you've successfully updated by manually uninstalling the Docker and Reinstalling from scratch (plus adding the new container path)?

Nope, i forked the repository and updated the version.

(To use my version) edit your docker and change your repository to flubster/gsdock and it'll pull my updated version

You'll need to add the mapping i stated above as i haven't created any UnRAID template, just pushed another docker image.

YMMV. Be careful as I started from scratch (after pulling the initial image from the template) so haven't tried any upgrades etc

Rubberbandboy

• Like 4
On 9/12/2020 at 9:31 PM, Flubster said:

(To use my version) edit your docker and change your repository to flubster/gsdock and it'll pull my updated version

You'll need to add the mapping i stated above as i haven't created any UnRAID template, just pushed another docker image.

YMMV. Be careful as I started from scratch (after pulling the initial image from the template) so haven't tried any upgrades etc

Rubberbandboy

Thanks, ill take a look! I appreciate this. I need to learn how to do this myself.

On 9/12/2020 at 4:31 AM, Flubster said:

Rubberbandboy

Man, this is awesome.  Any chance you or someone else here is willing to maintain this at least semi-officially over time?  I'm using Duplicacy, which is great, but I have a GS license and I feel more comfortable with the flexibility of GS (I am using the Duplicacy web gui which is sparse) and being able to access my backup files (I'm really using that, not actual sync) outside of the app (vs snapshots) in a crisis.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 6:55 PM, Flubster said:

Rubberbandboy

Working well!

• 2 months later...
On 9/12/2020 at 7:31 AM, Flubster said:

Rubberbandboy

Thank you for this! Was just pulling my hair out trying to activate the old docker with version 10 to no avail.  You are a lifesaver!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/16/2021 at 4:39 AM, sylus said:

Hi, 

maybe a stupid question and only partly related.

Do i need one or two licences? Unraid is supposed to do all the stuff. Another PC would only be used to "manage" the unraid goodsync server.

Best Regards

Christian

I'm wondering about this as well. I have a license for v10. Unfortunately, I get that permissions error with the v10 docker. So I have v11 docker server and 2 machines with v10. I'm not sure how to get the licensing sorted out because I get a licensing error syncing.