[Plugin] CA Application Auto Update

Squid

On 5/26/2021 at 4:38 PM, KnifeFed said:

I manually updated the My Servers plugin then ran auto update again and now it's working. I guess it doesn't handle version numbers like "2021.05.14.1336".

Now that there's a new update for the My Servers plugin (version 2021.06.07.1845), Auto Update errors out with the same exit status 255. I manually updated My Servers again and after that it runs fine.

On 6/7/2021 at 3:56 AM, burkasaurusrex said:

It looks like certain docker containers aren't being added to the "Docker Auto Update Settings" page, particularly containers I've added directly from Docker Hub through Community Applications. Is there a way to manually add them? Thanks!

Also having an issue where some containers' update path seem to get kind of corrupted? For example, in the auto update app, the repository will be listed as 'library/sha256:...' and on the docker tab, the container says the update is 'not available'?

• 2 weeks later...

A small feature request: I would love to have the option of using an exclude list rather than the current include list for which Docker containers to update, because I only have one container that I don't want to automatically update and currently I have to enable automatic updates for every new container I install.

• 1 month later...

Found an issue with line 101 while applying settings;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/ca.update.applications/include/exec.php on line 101

It's because of this line

if ( ! is_array($containes) {

but it should be

if ( ! is_array($containes)) {

Missing a ')'

10 minutes ago, Thomasvt said:

Found an issue with line 101 while applying settings;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/ca.update.applications/include/exec.php on line 101

It's because of this line

if ( ! is_array($containes) {

but it should be

if ( ! is_array($containes)) {

Missing a ')'

Note to self:  Long weekends are NOT the time to be programming ;)  fixed (maybe)

• Thanks 1

It looks like the reason for apps being missing is that when you installed them on the template, you never entered in the docker hub URL (or manually removed it) --> CA enforces that this is present.

I'm not sure exactly why that test is in there (code went in 6 years ago), but since it appears to still work, I'm going to tentatively remove it.

Hi guys, it's a nab question but I'm stuck so... how can I change the script permissions (+x) in "/boot/config/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/starting/"? 

chmod it's not working:

root@xxxxxx:/boot/config/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/starting# ls -l
total 8
-rw------- 1 root root 748 Aug 19 21:55 zabbix-agent2.sh
root@xxxxxx:/boot/config/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/starting# chmod +x zabbix-agent2.sh 
total 8

thanks!

5 hours ago, jimmy898 said:

Hi guys, it's a nab question but I'm stuck so... how can I change the script permissions (+x) in "/boot/config/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/starting/"? 

chmod it's not working:

total 8
root@xxxxxx:/boot/config/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/starting# chmod +x zabbix-agent2.sh 
total 8

thanks!

You. can’t :)

for security reasons no files on the /boot are allowed to have execute permissions.

there are 2 workarounds that I know off:

• copy the file elsewhere first and then try and change the permissions.  
  • invoke by starting with the relevant shell command (e.g.   bash /boot/path_to_script)

You actually shouldn't need to change the permissions

The update script runs the scripts like this

/bin/bash /boot/config/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/starting/$containerScript

This does however require that the script be a valid bash script.  For python or something else your starting script then has to call python to execute the script.

4 hours ago, Squid said:

You actually shouldn't need to change the permissions

The update script runs the scripts like this

/bin/bash /boot/config/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/starting/$containerScript

This does however require that the script be a valid bash script.  For python or something else your starting script then has to call python to execute the script.

Thanks for the hint!

Just to be sure: the script should have the very same name of the container right? So if my container name is 

"zabbix-agent2", the starting script should be "/boot/config/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/starting/zabbix-agent2.sh". Right?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 1:56 PM, KnifeFed said:

When this app runs, plugins aren't updated and I only get this in my log:

May 26 00:00:01 unraiden Plugin Auto Update: Checking for available plugin updates
May 26 00:00:07 unraiden crond[1933]: exit status 255 from user root /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/updateApplications.php >/dev/null 2>&1

On 5/26/2021 at 4:38 PM, KnifeFed said:

I manually updated the My Servers plugin then ran auto update again and now it's working. I guess it doesn't handle version numbers like "2021.05.14.1336".

On 6/9/2021 at 3:21 PM, KnifeFed said:

Now that there's a new update for the My Servers plugin (version 2021.06.07.1845), Auto Update errors out with the same exit status 255. I manually updated My Servers again and after that it runs fine.

Same thing now that My Servers 2021.08.25.1816 was released. Am I the only one experiencing this problem?