[Plugin] CA Application Auto Update

Squid

I've got a weird one for you guys, I had my flash drive corrupt, and had to install a new drive from scratch. I set all my HDDs to the same thing in my array, and all my containers and everything are just as they were before I lost my flash drive. 

Now though, I can't auto update because it says no configs are found. Any idea how I could start to tackle that?

• 4 weeks later...

If I have set a delay of 3 days and a daily check, pending updates should not be installed directly but only in 3 days, right? I ask because an update was installed without delay despite these settings.  Also the defined time of 9 o'clock in the morning was not taken into account, see screenshot.

Thanks for your help

image.thumb.png.f93fdd3800751730f2432f3121999919.png

Feb 20 08:19:44 unRaidA Plugin Auto Update: Checking for available plugin updates
Feb 20 08:19:49 unRaidA Plugin Auto Update: dynamix.active.streams.plg version 2023.02.19 does not meet age requirements to update
Feb 20 08:19:49 unRaidA Plugin Auto Update: dynamix.cache.dirs.plg version 2023.02.19 does not meet age requirements to update
Feb 20 08:19:49 unRaidA Plugin Auto Update: dynamix.file.manager.plg version 2023.02.19 does not meet age requirements to update
Feb 20 08:19:49 unRaidA Plugin Auto Update: dynamix.local.master.plg version 2023.02.20 does not meet age requirements to update
Feb 20 08:19:50 unRaidA Plugin Auto Update: unassigned.devices.plg version 2023.02.20 does not meet age requirements to update
Feb 20 08:19:50 unRaidA Plugin Auto Update: Checking for language updates
Feb 20 08:19:50 unRaidA Plugin Auto Update: Community Applications Plugin Auto Update finished

image.png

(Time in log is off as I manually ran an update)

But, I did find a bug in the calculation which *may* have resulted in it ignoring the difference in days

Your notification showing up at a completely wrong time implies that something else (AppData Backup?) updated the plugins

44 minutes ago, Squid said:

Your notification showing up at a completely wrong time implies that something else (AppData Backup?) updated the plugins

Am just setting up UnRaid and have not yet set up a backup. I don't think Unraid has an active default setting for a plugin installation, does it?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 5:24 PM, TurboStreetCar said:

Been receiving these " Plugin run failed" entries in my system log. Everything seems to be working, but seems to be related to auto update? It shows for every plugin, every time it runs. Not sure what to do?

Have you the issue today?

I have this errors to and when the plugin running the Plugins are not updated. I have updated the plugin's manually.

I send actually diagnostics from the servers to dlandon.

Maybe this can help by fixing.

Many Thanks!

Greetings

• 4 weeks later...

Only thing I can think of is that your flash drive is offline (pulled out / defective etc) and there are no plugins installed (which is obviously impossible)  But looking at the coding I'm not quite sure how that error could actually happen, but I do see a minor fix to handle it, but I think you have bigger fish to fry.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys had a quick question, I see some stale docker containers in the update portion of the plugin (these were not installed via the CA apps pre-generated template but custom generated), how do I clean up the old container files so they don't show up for selecting to update in the plugin?

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Plugin offers to update everything installed.  remove the containers either via the GUI or the appropriate docker command

The listed containers that show up in the plugin are not visible in the gui nor in `docker ps` / `docker images`. Can you specify where the plugin is looking so I can clean up the files there? I've taken a look in the USB files under /boot/config/../dockerMan/templates* and I could not find where the plugin is sourcing the stale plugins from, its not really an issue but I would prefer to clean it up

3 hours ago, Squid said:

It gets it from the GUI itself.  Do a docker prune

I did a docker prune and that only reaped a stopped container (not one of the ones from the issue described) and an unused network. I don't see any of the problem dockers in the GUI so I don't quite follow how it obtains the list of containers from the GUI?

• 3 weeks later...

This plugin looks like it's only updating Dockers I pulled from the community 'store' and not ones I have running from Compose files using Compose Manager, even though I get update notifications saying an update is available for those Dockers. Is there a particular reason why this is the case? I have update Dockers set to yes in the plugin. 

I am using custom icon for each docker container, which stored in /mnt/user/isos/icons, pair with auto update plugin

But every time my docker auto update new imagine, my custom icon disappear, but if I do it manually, it's fine, is this a bug or some setting I mess up?

33 minutes ago, xyzeratul said:

I am using custom icon for each docker container, which stored in /mnt/user/isos/icons, pair with auto update plugin

dockerMan (ie: the OS) is not designed for local storage of docker icons.  It needs to be stored somewhere on the internet (GitHub works great if you're using your own) and the reference in the template refers to the internet version.

The plugin does not update any icons, nor force an explicit update.  But, dockerMan will repull icons in certain circumstances and this is probably what you're seeing.

17 hours ago, at0m said:

This plugin looks like it's only updating Dockers I pulled from the community 'store' and not ones I have running from Compose files using Compose Manager, even though I get update notifications saying an update is available for those Dockers. Is there a particular reason why this is the case? I have update Dockers set to yes in the plugin. 

Not able to test, but I wouldn't be surprised, since everything effectively runs through the template system of which docker compose isn't conformant with

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

dockerMan (ie: the OS) is not designed for local storage of docker icons.  It needs to be stored somewhere on the internet (GitHub works great if you're using your own) and the reference in the template refers to the internet version.

The plugin does not update any icons, nor force an explicit update.  But, dockerMan will repull icons in certain circumstances and this is probably what you're seeing.

But why the manual update is fine? I don't understand dockerman's logic behind this.

IDK.  But I can tell you that the OS does  NOT support local storage of icons.  Never has.  It is designed around cloud storage for them and then saves a local copy to serve to your browser.  It is detecting a change in the "URL" and is attempting a re-download.  I'd guess it is displaying a question mark for you.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

IDK.  But I can tell you that the OS does  NOT support local storage of icons.  Never has.  It is designed around cloud storage for them and then saves a local copy to serve to your browser.  It is detecting a change in the "URL" and is attempting a re-download.  I'd guess it is displaying a question mark for you.

Thx, I think they need to add this function, I'd rather have local storage for this.