[Plugin] CA Application Auto Update

Squid

• 1 month later...

Woke up this morning to this in my log:

Feb  5 05:00:01 VOLTRON Docker Auto Update: Community Applications Docker Autoupdate running

Feb  5 05:00:01 VOLTRON Docker Auto Update: Checking for available updates

Feb  5 05:00:09 VOLTRON Docker Auto Update: Installing Updates for CouchPotato deluge hydra NZBGet plex plexpy radarr Sonarr The-Lounge

Feb  5 05:25:25 VOLTRON Docker Auto Update: Community Applications Docker Autoupdate finished

Then all my dockers were gone, orphan images left behind.

The notification setting doesn't work either.

Not sure what others logs i can submit to help.

Woke up this morning to this in my log:

Feb  5 05:00:01 VOLTRON Docker Auto Update: Community Applications Docker Autoupdate running

Feb  5 05:00:01 VOLTRON Docker Auto Update: Checking for available updates

Feb  5 05:00:09 VOLTRON Docker Auto Update: Installing Updates for CouchPotato deluge hydra NZBGet plex plexpy radarr Sonarr The-Lounge

Feb  5 05:25:25 VOLTRON Docker Auto Update: Community Applications Docker Autoupdate finished

Then all my dockers were gone, orphan images left behind.

The notification setting doesn't work either.

Not sure what others logs i can submit to help.

What version of unRaid and post diagnostics.  Nothing has changed in the plugin since December
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure, but I think this is an Auto Update error-

Feb 19 04:45:01 Brunnhilde crond[1658]: exit status 127 from user root /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/updateDocker.php >/dev/null 2>&1

I no longer have the Auto Update plugin installed though.

Diagnostics

Is there still a folder on the flash drive /config/plugins/ca.update.applications with .cron files in there?

Feb 19 04:45:01 Brunnhilde crond[1658]: exit status 127 from user root /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/updateDocker.php >/dev/null 2>&1

Diagnostics

Is there still a folder on the flash drive /config/plugins/ca.update.applications with .cron files in there?

Looks like that's it. Should I move it to "Removed Plugins"?

Diagnostics

Looks like that's it. Should I move it to "Removed Plugins"?

You can just delete the folder followed by either a reboot or

/usr/local/sbin/update_cron

Don't know why its still there after an uninstall though.  It removes that folder on both my systems  :o

Don't know why its still there after an uninstall though.  It removes that folder on both my systems  :o

Wasn't really an uninstall. My server just decided it doesn't want to reliably boot 6.2+ anymore. Seems to be some problem with SuperMicro motherboards and/or Xeon E3-1230's. I'll need to check and see if there are any other plugins installed that won't run on 6.1.9.

Wasn't really an uninstall. My server just decided it doesn't want to reliably boot 6.2+ anymore. Seems to be some problem with SuperMicro motherboards and/or Xeon E3-1230's. I'll need to check and see if there are any other plugins installed that won't run on 6.1.9.

Ah  That explains everything... 
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any possibility for the ability to run a custom script after dockers have been updated?

I have a self built docker container which doesn't get updated very often. But it depends on a mariadb container that does get updated. When the weekly docker update process happens, if the mariadb container has been updated then my custom one falls over.

It's a simple fix for me to ssh in and restart that container, but if it was possible to script it then it would save me having to (remember to) check.

On 3/6/2017 at 7:14 AM, butlerpeter said:

Is there any possibility for the ability to run a custom script after dockers have been updated?

I have a self built docker container which doesn't get updated very often. But it depends on a mariadb container that does get updated. When the weekly docker update process happens, if the mariadb container has been updated then my custom one falls over.

It's a simple fix for me to ssh in and restart that container, but if it was possible to script it then it would save me having to (remember to) check.

Remind me to do this in a couple of days....

On 3/15/2017 at 7:48 AM, butlerpeter said:

Bumping as a reminder as requested.

Actually hadn't forgotten...

I have to wait until Friday's round of lsio updates, but what I'm going to do is this.

No GUI as I see this as rather limited in user needs

• Prior to stopping containers, if it exists, something like "/boot/config/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/stopping/stop_all" will be called if it exists
  • Prior to stopping any particular container, a script called "/boot/config/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/stopping/nameOfContainer" will be called if it exists
  • After restarting any particular container, a script called "/boot/config/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/starting/nameOfContainer" will be called if it exists
  • After restarting all the containers, a script called "/boot/config/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/starting/start_all" will be called if it exists

Should allow you the flexibility to do just about anything you want.  Work for you?

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Squid said:

Actually hadn't forgotten...

I have to wait until Friday's round of lsio updates, but what I'm going to do is this.

No GUI as I see this as rather limited in user needs

- Prior to stopping containers, if it exists, something like "/boot/..../stop/stoppingAll.sh"

- Prior to stopping any particular container, a script called "/boot/.../stop/nameOfContainer.sh" will be called if it exists

- After restarting any particular container, a script called "/boot/.../start/nameOfContainer.sh" will be called if it exists

- After restarting all the containers, a script called "/boot/.../start/startingAll.sh" will be called if it exists

Should allow you the flexibility to do just about anything you want.  Work for you?

Yes that should do the job. Thanks

Added.  Details in the CA manual (Auto Update Applications / Docker Advanced Control)

Advanced Docker Control
Optionally, CA Auto Update supports running custom stop and start scripts for docker applications. These scripts will be executed prior to stopping an application and after starting an application.

To use this feature, create the following file(s) on your flash drive: (They are executed in order if they exist)

/boot/config/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/stopping/stop_all	This script will be executed whenever any docker application is being updated (prior to updating)
/boot/config/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/stopping/{nameOfContainer}	This script will be executed whenever {nameOfContainer} is being updated (prior to updating)
/boot/config/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/starting/{nameOfContainer}	This script will be executed whenever {nameOfContainer} has been updated
/boot/config/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/starting/start_all	This script will be executed whenever any container has been updated

Oops: Don't use spaces in container names - (Since I've wound up updating all my containers, I can't fix this until next Friday  :/)

Edited by Squid
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, dlandon said:

Using 6.4-rc2 Azure theme.  I can't enter a value in "Delay in days before updating applications:".

Fixed.  (You can enter in a value, but you just can't see it)  Going to hold off though on the fix until Saturday as I have another addition to the plugin and need to wait for lsio's next round of updates.

Hey Squid

Using 6.3 - Community Application Auto-Update wants to update, but when it tries it fails.

It's trying to grab version "2017.06/09"

I suspect you meant 2017.06.09 (which if you amend the wget command accordingly it does find..  Any chance you could update the plugin so I can grab it correctly? (and no it wont' auto-update now ;-) )

• 2 weeks later...

There is a known issue with unRaid 6.4RC5 that prevents the GUI for this plugin from loading.  This error is outside of my control, and will be fixed on the next 6.4 release.

Sorry for the inconvenience 

Untitled.thumb.png.39f6e4e852c5e64e6c04430e2dba7e61.png

Edited by Squid
  • Upvote 1