[Plugin] CA Application Auto Update

Squid

• 1 month later...

lol  I figured it was applicable.  Auto Update = Auto Spin

TBH, I was playing around, and it's my small little rebellion against the going wisdom of how a modern UI is actually a retro look back to when we all had monochrome monitors.

Edited by Squid

Thank you!!! I was getting annoyed with plugins continuously needing handholding for me to take them through an update >_<

If possible, would love to see update checks every few hours if that is okay or even better when the app somehow triggers to say that an update is available just to do it at that time. You make a real difference with this program thanks for sharing sir!

4 minutes ago, Trunkton said:

Thank you!!! I was getting annoyed with plugins continuously needing handholding for me to take them through an update >_<

If possible, would love to see update checks every few hours if that is okay or even better when the app somehow triggers to say that an update is available just to do it at that time. You make a real difference with this program thanks for sharing sir!

Are you talking about the latest changes to this plugin, or did you just now discover this plugin which has existed for 2 years?

It will allow you to set a custom schedule but I just use the daily setting which should be enough for anybody.

9 minutes ago, Trunkton said:

If possible, would love to see update checks every few hours if that is okay

You can set a custom cron schedule for it to run.  But once per day is more than sufficent

9 minutes ago, Trunkton said:

app somehow triggers to say that an update

CA (Apps) will always tell you if its out of date (whether or not plugin update checking is disabled, etc).  And it's basically nothing for the other plugin authors to also let the user know about any updates whenever they hit the settings.  It's all up to the author and how annoyed they get when seeing users running older versions.

Edited by Squid
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a 503 when I tried to install this app today:

plugin: downloading: https://raw.github.com/Squidly271/ca.update.applications/master/archive/ca.update.applications-2019.01.31-x86_64-1.txz ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)
plugin: wget: https://raw.github.com/Squidly271/ca.update.applications/master/archive/ca.update.applications-2019.01.31-x86_64-1.txz download failure (Invalid URL / Server error response)

------------------

Error 503 Backend unavailable, connection timeout

Backend unavailable, connection timeout

Guru Mediation:

Details: cache-bwi5144-BWI 1550603032 2238734860