Squid

[Plugin] CA Application Auto Update

183 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi there,

great plugin, I'm always relying on it to give me a bit better feeling on the security update side of things 🙂

Quick question:

Is the order of docker apps recognized when updating? I'm running into a weird issue with an app which depends a db docker starts first.

Could there be a setting in which the db container takes a little bit too long to shutdown and the update for the other container is already on its way so it won't find the db container on startup?

Thanks for your time.

All of a sudden the plug-in is not actually updating the Dockers all my settings are the same but I have to hit the apply update button manually

Just now, Fiservedpi said:

All of a sudden the plug-in is not actually updating the Dockers all my settings are the same but I have to hit the apply update button manually

Due to a change over at docker, unRaid always sees that there's an update available whenever you check for updates.  See bug report and fix within the thread

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/stable-releases/dockers-wanting-to-update-but-dont-in-the-end-r618/

It has been couple weeks now that the plugin updates all linuxserver containers every night.

Anyone else having the same issue? Or any clue what might be wrong here?

image.png.69b2f05e992a3ed5bbd94101610a77aa.png

This is a known issue, due to a change at docker hub.

You can either follow the workaround as explained in the thread above or wait for the next version of Unraid.

Though this issue brings inconvience, true container updates are still performed..

Thanks mate. I checked Squid's post but didn't realize it described my issue.

Edited by Kydonakis

Ok while I usually shy away from having plugins modify system files, tonight I'll issue an update to this plugin that will fix the update always available issue to lessen all of the same questions being posted in various threads here

Sent from my NSA monitored device